Atlantis V2 Bad Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNinja47

Sep 3, 2015
I was wondering if anyone could help me with a possible coil issue. I've been using the Aspire Atlantis V2 on the Aspire Sub-Ohm mod for a couple months now. At first it was amazing, awesome flavor, awesome clouds. I went though my first 5 pack of .5 ohm coils great. Then I got another pack and the flavor had a metallic taste to it for all 5. Purchased a second pack plus a couple individual coils and had the same results. The taste is not burnt cotton, it just tastes like bad juice with a hint of metallic chemicals. Vapor production is still great, taste is the problem, and I've used multiple types of juice.

12/12 of the past coils I've used tasted like this so I don't think I've gotten 100% duds. I always prime my coils extensively, filling the coil first, inserting into the base, letting it sit for 20-40 minutes in a filled tank, and taking plenty of primer puffs. These are all the new V2 .5 ohm coils with organic cotton. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

Queuetue

Sep 6, 2015
12/12 of the past coils I've used tasted like this so I don't think I've gotten 100% duds. I always prime my coils extensively, filling the coil first, inserting into the base, letting it sit for 20-40 minutes in a filled tank, and taking plenty of primer puffs. These are all the new V2 .5 ohm coils with organic cotton. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Thanks

I'm a new vaper (less than a month) and I had a similar experience with my Atlantis V1. The solution, in my case, was one of waiting it out - the coils simply taste "off" at first and improve after a tank or two. Afterwards, they work great for a week or more as long as I don't accidentally dry burn them or use too much wattage on my VW mod (both things I've done during the learning process.)

This said, that early period of 'burning in' a new coil isn't one I look forward to, for reasons similar to the ones you express above. Good luck, I hope you sort out your issues! The Atlantis (v1) has been a great tool for me, once I got used to how it wants me to use it.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I would seriously consider moving to a rebuildable setup that way you can control the quality of materials used. I had bad luck in the past with pre-built coils. Some were fine, some had ohm irregularities, some didn't wick properly, so I gave up with them. You can rebuild with the segatank rba v2 in the Atlantis, they are on ebay for under 10 bucks! Otherwise, my only advice is buy more coils and hope for the best.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread