atlantis vs melo coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Hi all. I've found that melo coil has better taste that atlantis..problem sometimes is juice coming thru if you suck on it like a vacuum cleaner..solution is to prime side vent holes also and hit it a few times,put coil to the side in paper towel 4 a day.yes it's a p.i.t.a... but it stops the popping...I keep my i sitck 50 at 28w. Works good

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
You know also those coils can be rebuilt if you are not too bad with a few items. They used 24 ga nichrome and are not bad. Just be careful on them. Oh and I am glad you moved to the melo coils since the atlantis ones use silica and if you sub-ohm that is bad.
You know also those coils can be rebuilt if you are not too bad with a few items. They used 24 ga nichrome and are not bad. Just be careful on them. Oh and I am glad you moved to the melo coils since the atlantis ones use silica and if you sub-ohm that is bad.
Bad in what way? (Silica)

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Ok..what size are the cotton atlantis coils..?? I feel that melo are cheaper,better performing...it's hot or miss w atlantis..I've run 2 tanks ..1 melo. 1 atlantis. Prime them same way..same juice,switched them out after few days just to experiment. Atlantis is more inconsistent regarding juice passing into my mouth..

greatimp81

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2012
Portland, Oregon, United States
Silica is bad in what way?
The silica can burn and release silica particulate. I have never seen it happen. Though I know it is a concern with sub-ohm units. Aspire took some flack over it. Then changed to cotton. However I am not willing to buy the originals for the v1. Just to be on the safe side.

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
Ok..I was just saying,as an observation, looking down the inside of both coils..melo looks thicker...I'm not at the stage of tearing down,building,etc..just from a truckers point of view,I like the melo taste..trying to learn what works and what doesn't burn thru juice like a '67GTO..thx 4 the help.all of the info will help me save $

greenmachine17

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2015
Street Level U.S.A.
The silica can burn and release silica particulate. I have never seen it happen. Though I know it is a concern with sub-ohm units. Aspire took some flack over it. Then changed to cotton. However I am not willing to buy the originals for the v1. Just to be on the safe side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread