Status
Not open for further replies.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I just built mine with dual 10-wrap 28ga, .62 Ω and it rocks my socks!! One piece of advice, change the phillips screws out for allen set screws. They will hold the wire better and don't have sharp edges at the end of the threads, plus the phillips heads are so close and loosen easily so the possibility of a short is almost certain. I used 2.5x.45x5mm set screws and they work well. I'm using this atomic in place of my Cyclone right now, and liking the vape better!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I've got an Atomic I modded to BF, it's a great atty with big flavor. I'm not crazy about the AFC, it works well I just don't like having to loosen the top cap to adjust it.

As far as tips, I run dual 28 gauge coils at .4 ohms, 2 X 7 wraps around a 14 gauge needle, with KGD cotton. The main thing I would say be careful about is over squonking when both air holes are fully open :facepalm:

It's flavor is very good, not RM2 good but close, and with the AFC and dual coils the vapor production is (can be) fantastic.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
I just built mine with dual 10-wrap 28ga, .62 Ω and it rocks my socks!! One piece of advice, change the phillips screws out for allen set screws. They will hold the wire better and don't have sharp edges at the end of the threads, plus the phillips heads are so close and loosen easily so the possibility of a short is almost certain. I used 2.5x.45x5mm set screws and they work well. I'm using this atomic in place of my Cyclone right now, and liking the vape better!

Thanks P! Where would I find the screw set you mentioned? Lowes have them?

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
I've got an Atomic I modded to BF, it's a great atty with big flavor. I'm not crazy about the AFC, it works well I just don't like having to loosen the top cap to adjust it.

As far as tips, I run dual 28 gauge coils at .4 ohms, 2 X 7 wraps around a 14 gauge needle, with KGD cotton. The main thing I would say be careful about is over squonking when both air holes are fully open :facepalm:

It's flavor is very good, not RM2 good but close, and with the AFC and dual coils the vapor production is (can be) fantastic.

I really need to figure out how to do the double quote thing. :facepalm:

B2L, I plan on running this in single coil mode with some 24 gauge wire. I will probably shoot for somewhere around 0.6 to 0.8 ohms. Thanks for the tips.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I really need to figure out how to do the double quote thing. :facepalm:

B2L, I plan on running this in single coil mode with some 24 gauge wire. I will probably shoot for somewhere around 0.6 to 0.8 ohms. Thanks for the tips.

Click on the little quote mark tab with the plus sign to the right of the reply with quote tab for each post you want to quote. On the last one after you have clicked that tab, hit reply with quote and there you go.

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Thanks! I hope I can keep it up for another 10 years.

I'm sure you will now that you have quit smoking and love your Reo so much.

Click on the little quote mark tab with the plus sign to the right of the reply with quote tab for each post you want to quote. On the last one after you have clicked that tab, hit reply with quote and there you go.

Thanks B2L!

NatGasMan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
Not in Colorado yet!
Got my Atomic yesterday that was modded for BF by Chowderhead (Tom). I'm really liking the vape off of this thing. Tom does fantastic work and I highly recommend him. I ordered an Atomic and Trident from him on Wednesday and he shipped it the same day. Great customer service too as I sent several PMs to him and he always promptly replied. :thumbs:

I'm going to soak the trident in the vinegar and hydrogen peroxide solution like X-Puppy suggested because it has a brass center pin.

Now off to prepare my Provari and Penelope for the classifieds so I can get another Reo or two to set these babies on. :D

Last edited:

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
That's correct, although I have a .050 Allen and it works perfectly. I was having trouble trying to find a 1.3mm. The 2mm uses a .9mm. I have only one of those that came with my Cyclone.

IFIXIT 54 Bit Driver Kit
https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/54-Bit-Driver-Kit/IF145-022
Just got mine last month, so I'm sure it's very nice
And it's on sale

Hex sizes 0.7, 0.9, 1.3, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4, 4.5, 5, 6 mm

They sell the bits separately but the needed driver is 4mm hex

Last edited:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013