Not open for further replies.

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Someone said to wrap some fine sandpaper around a piece of dowelling and increase the "bore" (do I sound as though I know what I'm talking about? Quite right, I don't)

Scylla, thanks for pointing that out. No way should anyone do this. If you note, when your atomiser is in place its a tight fit, in some cases too tight, we know this, hence Im using a Titanium one now. The fact that this one pushes and then screws easily is because we are putting a shiney surface against a shiney surface, BUT, the result of this is that the atomiser will wobble slightly in the casing.

The atomiser is meant to fit snuggly. And the Janty original black one, did just that, so it was perfect, however, the matt finish stopped it being easily removed and replaced for cleaning.

So no sanding is needed, by doing that warantees are out the window.

Cellmeister is correct...

once in position, the atomiser screws in very gently in order to lock it in position.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I think the same person said that trying to fit the different 801 atomisers we're supposed to be able to use caused alarming plastic-cracking noises but, apparently, no damage done :confused:

I thought my TAWA fitted nicely but you're right, Christena, it does wobble - mine clicks, it sounds as though it's clicking on the screw 8-o I won't be testing it again, but I wonder if that's why I'm getting inconsistent vapes.

I'm planning on chilling until the adapters arrive (we'll see about that ;) ) - will go for a 901 as I have some lovely atomisers from Amy.

scylla

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
No Scylla you should still be getting a good vape, unless its not screwed into position.

Try taking hold of the cart top, push down slightly, not too hard, and twist clockwise, with the atomiser being shiney, you should be able to see if it moves, then maintaining that little bit of pressure, turn slowly till it seems to offer a slight resistance, at that point it should be in place.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I roped in Bro (he's just had a carpal tunnel op, fortunately to his left hand/wrist, but I was nervous of asking before) and he has screwed in the atomiser and is confident that it is screwed in properly. It still clicks - I'm wondering if the screw into which the atomiser fits is doing it?

I had a naughty outburst at the lovely Parked because he swapped umpteen atomisers around with speed and ease. I was jealous :oops:

Just came across Dumwaldo's video showing the click:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ch1onuFVsw

scylla

Last edited:

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
I'm wondering if the screw into which the atomiser fits is doing it?

scylla i think your right. Mine is now Dead. Every Atomiser i've had in it is working fine with my Janty Passthrough and there's nothing wrong with the Battery's. So that just leaves the connection into which the Atomiser fits.
It did work up to a point even though i could not screw the Atomiser in properly but it was very weak and i was getting juice in my mouth.
Now i don't get anything but juice in my mouth even though i did manage to get a RN-4072 in and screwed in properly. 8-o
btw. I found that the more you put the Atomisers in and out they are not so hard to go in and out.
I just need a new Box. Atomiser, battery's and Usb are fine.
I know all new models of anything have teething problems but why me ? :cry:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Scylla, when you press the switch do you hear it sizzle? if not, then there is no connection, which is either due to poor contact or no contact.

With mine, I find the atomiser works loose through pulling carts out to empty, and adjusting the pipe end, so thats its flat in the mouth.

For example, this morning, I went to inhale and nothing... so I tried tightening, and the cart twirled in the atomiser, so I grabbed it a bit lower down, and as you have experienced, for some reason it simply twirled and twirled, but.. it is still working, as I hear the sizzle, and when I draw.... vapour.

I know deewal appears to have one with no connection, as there is nothing... no sizzle, and atomisers are working elsewhere, so that appears to be a connection problem.

Is yours the same?

If so, as I have advised deewal on another post, you need to contact Toby, as you may well have a faulty case on your JS.

As I keep saying, I do think that the JS has things that need to be improved, and as far as I have seen with all new products, at first there are all kinds of problems, which, manufacturers take note of and them amend in follow up models.

Im just wondering if it may be an idea to post a for the attention of Ludo thread, where we can list the suggestions for improvements to the JS. Or maybe the JantyUSA forum has already done this.

Oh and Scylla, dont worry about bothering Toby as he has a broken wrist, he is coping very well, the majority of problems are being sorted via this forum, so that is taking the pressure from him just now.

He isnt in the office this morning, but he will be around later, and as he knows you have tried to sort this he is more than happy to discuss the problem direct with you.

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
My Stick is going quite well at the moment, thanks :) I could still wish I didn't get the burny flavour so often, but it's functioning. I've read loads of threads overnight and watched videos.

I'm not going to do anything hasty because, as has been stated, Janty has a good guarantee, I have a good supplier, and I don't need to panic (however prone to panicking I may be ;) ). When I get my Screwdriver I may send the Stick and original atomiser to Toby to have a look at, and he can tell me if "it's me" or if something needs fixing.

Dee's situation is quite different, I'm sure hers is "a lemon", as someone kindly suggested when she was being persecuted elsewhere :-x We expect the odd lemon, but as Dee says, "Why her?". Cuddles, (((Dee))).

As always, Christena, you are so supportive and reassuring, I've got Chrissie in my eBay group always ready with kind words, and you here - I'm thoroughly spoilt :)

PS - Have a look at this "just received review" from Kevin (presumably a bloke):

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ts-after-getting-your-stick-6.html#post319129

scylla

Last edited:

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I have posted above but realise I haven't addressed a couple of things.

Scylla, when you press the switch do you hear it sizzle?
I often was not, but it's OK at the mo. I did tell someone (maybe Dee?) to test it that way the other day.
With mine, I find the atomiser works loose through pulling carts out to empty, and adjusting the pipe end, so thats its flat in the mouth.
My thoughts too, I meant to say. (That's why I'm quoting you now, I just can't remember what I need to say, lol.)

Im just wondering if it may be an idea to post a for the attention of Ludo thread, where we can list the suggestions for improvements to the JS. Or maybe the JantyUSA forum has already done this.
I don't think they have, they've just got a general reaction thread. I think it would be a good idea to start such a thread, and it could be introduced by saying that as long as the opinion is serious it will not be ridiculed.

scylla

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Hi Scylla, I have posted on the USA forum, re that video, and my thoughts on it.

Cant see a review from kevin on that link Scylla, will have a look later on.

Found Kevins link, yes he does have valid points, and glad he confirms the problems.

Im sure Ludo will look at these problems in depth at some point, and hopefully we will see some improvement in future stocks.

One thing I do agree with, unlike the Dura and its counterparts, the JS is not going to see all parts renewed, so the casing should be a part that is going to last and last, and I personally cannot see it doing that in its current form, it will get shabby over time.

The Screwdriver is a good seller for this very reason, its casing is durable as its made of metal, and the JantyStick needs to be metal also. I personally dont want the worry of dropping it and having it break.

Competitors are already pointing this out as a weakness of the JS, and as much as I would love to stand up and defend this, I cannot until Janty follow up and improve it.

Dura batteries and atomisers are regularly renewed, all parts are throw away, the JS needs to be made of stronger stuff to endure.

Last edited:

frogbmth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2009
Dorset, UK
www.jantyclub.com
I have to disagree a touch here, I dont think the stick should be metal. It would get much hotter if it were metal, the plastic construction helps keep the unit cool in the hand.

In time you might see a stick body become available without the USB cable, carts, atomizer and carry case. Only time will tell whether the stick has a failure rate to worry about other than dropping it. I doubt the cost of a stick body as a stand alone item would be prohibitive to replacement.

I would trust the stick to stay together if I sat down with it in my back pocket than most ecigs, and if I dropped it, out the soldering iron and glue comes :D

A rubberized plastic version would be awesome though.

Andy

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Well we shall agree to disagree...lol

The accidental damage caused to Cellmeister's ( apologies if I got the name wrong) was caused through dropping it. And I havent got a soldering iron, and even if I did, I draw the line at DIY.

I would like to see a Chrome or Matt finish metal case, at least the now front section, I would like to see in Metal. Surely it could be lined in some way to stop heat?

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
I think a metal case would put the price of our sticks a bit too high, at which point one could consider buying a Screwdriver type device. All the stick really needs is a better coat of paint which I am sure Janty will work out in time and perhaps completely seal off that atomiser hole! I think the Stick would look gorgeous in the metal that the Kissbox had especially if it had the golden accents too!

--edit-- perhaps as a limited Hardcore vaper luxury edition with fancy box and a slightly? higher price tag!

Last edited:

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Thank you tribal, at least try and cater for me....lol

No the JS and SD are not even comparable to me, the SD is a totally different design, and I know when I tried to use hubby's I couldn't press the button on the end...lol

The JS is compact and easy to hold, but now it needs to be durable too.

I hate it and get mad as hell when I read comments made by another UK supplier on his own forum referring to the JS in a discussion about the SD:-

"the janty stick looks fragile to me"
and
"in 8 months time will the janty stick still be working??? My suspicion is no, the two you buy instead of the SD will be trash and you will be on two more."

So I just want to him proved wrong.. is that so bad ?

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
Dont get me wrong, I think the SD is a fantastic device, I really do, and I adore trog, so much so I even do a bit of moderating for him on his site. But its not for me. although Ron, (hubby) loves it.

I just hate listening to people mouthing off when they are interested in the money they can make out of it, and know nothing about the items they are slagging off.

So I am sitting here willing Janty to get those improvements done, just so that words can be eaten....lol

scyllabub

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
London, UK
I had trouble finding a "comfortable" way to use the SD button but its reliability and hit/flavour made me persevere and adopt it as my regular vaper. I also found it heavy and was surprised to learn, when I suggested to Trog he might use aluminium instead of steel, that it is aluminium. I'm still waiting for my new front end and a feeling of dread is creeping in because it was sent 1st Class Standard last Thursday.

Since starting vaping I've become not only a dripper but a dangler :oops: In my whole life I never kept a cigarette in my mouth, but my Minis spent much time clenched between my teeth - for company? ;) That's how I broke my SD button, the cart didn't fit tight enough to hold the weight and the main gubbins fell out onto its nose :cry: The Stick is not too dangle-friendly either, but not because the cart is loose - I half expect the whole assembly (and, heaven forbid, some teeth too 8-o ) to come out when I pull out the cart, which is why it's a bit worrying that it requires dripping so frequently to keep the burnt taste away (I suppose that's an atomiser issue?).

Ooooh!!! why won't they make a 901 with a decent battery? (I know, I know :rolleyes: )

Back to the Stick, I wasn't aware that I was paying over £50 (more now with the TAWA added on) for a prototype :rolleyes:

scylla :)

CatVTTV

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2009
Tyne & Wear, UK
www.cpnewcastle.co.uk
You are not... thats my description, and certainly not Janty's.

I always think that the first batch of anything are prototypes, even cars...

I just think the JS will follow in the footsteps of those who have gone before and be added to and improved along the way.

For example the DSE901 is bringing out a new model for 2009, so that makes the last and first one, a prototype, in my mind anyway...lol

I find it hard to say what Im thinking when typing, hence all kinds of words come out, as you all may have noticed, that make no darn sense at all... gobledegook I believe is the right word...lol

I dont work for Janty or have any affiliation with them, I am just a customer who wants a perfect e-cig, isnt that what everyone wants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread