atomizer for test dripping when making DIY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Hi everyone, need major help! New to vaping & DIY. I've got a spinner 2 & MVP2. I really need a drip set up or advice for something when testing my DIY. Obviously cleaning mini pt or whatever doesn't work, at all. I seen 510 attys on some sites. Do those work good to drip on, or heard ppl dunking them? I live 3 hours from a shop or I would go there & seek what's best. if the 510 attys work, what else you suggest to buy with it for fail safes. If this is horrible idea, let me know what works plz! Never rebuilt anything yet, obviously. so much to learn, love it but SO much. Thanks all:) :) :)

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
Last edited:

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
Either a 510 or 306 atty are best. I prefer the 306 bridgeless myself; very little juice needed, half a dozen hits, blow it out, and you're ready for the next flavor.

Best atties here:

Avid Vaper : Personal Vaporizers and Accessories

Edit: add video link
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czWxQZEBHx0

[/URL]

Thanks you so much & thanks for the link! I will get a few different ohm's, what do u suggest is best? Like I said, have the MVP2 & spinner 2. Do I need to order anything else besides the atomizer & different styles drip tips. Also is low, high resistance basically have to do w/ what ohm it is? Probably dumb question, total newb w/ these!
Ty again

Last edited:

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
For a standard battery, that is with no VV/VW functions, the 1.5 ohm atty will perform the best. Some people may find that it gets a little too warm for their liking. Also, lower resistance will cause greater battery drain and require more frequent recharging.

With variable voltage/variable wattage devices, you may prefer the 2.0 ohm. If you want to warm up the vapor, just crank up the volts/watts a little. To cool it down, turn the device down. You've got both the MVP and the spinner, so this may very well be the desired route.

The biggest difference between the 510 and the 306 is the amount of juice that is captured in the wicking. The 306 holds very little juice which is what makes it ideal for taste testing. Also, using a bridgeless atomizer eliminates some of the wicking which captures and holds onto juice. Ever since vapers stopped using the little cartridges to hold their liquid the need for the bridge has pretty much gone by the wayside.

And finally, the 510 and the 306 share the same threading; both work fine on 510 connectors. The 306 does take its own special drip tips though; 510 drip tips will not work on them.

Myah_June2014

May 10, 2014
WI
I asked on a different post w/ not much help. I'm still figuring if I need 18 or 24 MG, vaping w/ cartos or tanks. W/ dripping, do I need to drop nicotine level down or not? I'm just starting as I said & haven't found the right juice yet so still smoking analogs ergh. I wanna be comfortable but not over crazy nic level w/ dripping! Any suggestions?!

Last edited:

Hijack

Verified Member
May 7, 2014
Bournemouth, U.K
I asked on a different post w/ not much help. I'm still figuring if I need 18 or 24 MG, vaping w/ cartos or tanks. W/ dripping, do I need to drop nicotine level down or not? I'm just starting as I said & haven't found the right juice yet so still smoking analogs ergh. I wanna be comfortable but not over crazy nic level w/ dripping! Any suggestions?!

Hi Marie, I have been using 18mg since I started vaping, and haven't had a problem as ive progressed to vv/vw and better tanks. I plan on using the same when my kayfun RBA arrives, and if its to strong ill have to drop to 12mg.
Still not found a juice you like? Well Ill make some suggestions but these are my tastes so far.
If you like sweet then Vanilla Custard, Caramel and Cotton Candy work, Cotton Candy is very sweet mind you.
For a fruit Cherry and Raspberry
If, like me, you cant find a tobacco that you like, try putting a bit of the above into a tobacco flavour like RY4. It kind of gives it a lift and makes it quit nice. Someone suggested a nut flavour like pecan or almond is nice to blend with tobacco as well.

shutslar

Verified Member
May 4, 2014
Jasper, Indiana, USA
Thank you, boobamarie, for asking this question. I was just coming out to check for/ask this question myself. I've been doing a great deal of DIY juice mixes. I've not purchased a juice in a couple months. I'm getting tired of dripping on my RBA and then having to change the cotton wick if its not good. Time for a dedicated taste tester that is quick & easy to switch flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread