Status
Not open for further replies.

BG101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Wales, UK
Hi All,

I've been going strong now with my first kit for 11 days.

Heres my problem, I started with 2 CE4S's and 2 EVOD's. I for some reason prefer the CE's because I find I get a better throat hit but within 5 days I burn't out the wick of my first CE, the 2nd has burnt out today and my EVOD's I'm getting a throat full of e-liquid in every hit. :(

What am I doing wrong?

My batteries has 3 settings, 4.2V, 3.7V and 3.3V which I cycle through to find the best taste which is normally 4.2 or 3.7.

I try to keep all the atomizers around half full.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated.

BG

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA

BG101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Wales, UK
i've just gave the evod a clean and refilled it with a different juice.

i'm thinking the last juice was too thin and was soaking through the wick and filling the chamber.

the last liquid was the cheap liqua from FT.

fingers crossed it will be ok now, ill try again in 5 mins.

think its time to invest in a good atomizer.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi :)

Firstly, regarding CE4s. I killed them off in 48 hours (in the early days of vaping) and went straight onto rebuildable CE clearos. Depending on juice and vaping speed, they might last 2 days to 2 weeks.

As for Evod clearos, I have stopped using them recently. Mostly, they were OK, but in general I found them 50/50 for reliability. I have certainly heard some disappointing stories about fasttech clearomisers (the clone/copy ones). Too much hit and miss for my liking.

I had 4 of them. The Silver one was perfect until it cracked, the blue and black were great and the red one was a nasty juice-leaker. These were all UK bought "Kanger" brand, so even the genuine/originals are not 100%. (Clearly the color is irrelevant....:) )

I am now using Kanger mini protanks (3 of them) 1 big protank and a couple of iClear16s.

Have a look here...

Clearomizers

worth the extra i.m.o.

BG101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Wales, UK
Hi :)

Firstly, regarding CE4s. I killed them off in 48 hours (in the early days of vaping) and went straight onto rebuildable CE clearos. Depending on juice and vaping speed, they might last 2 days to 2 weeks.

As for Evod clearos, I have stopped using them recently. Mostly, they were OK, but in general I found them 50/50 for reliability. I have certainly heard some disappointing stories about fasttech clearomisers (the clone/copy ones). Too much hit and miss for my liking.

I had 4 of them. The Silver one was perfect until it cracked, the blue and black were great and the red one was a nasty juice-leaker. These were all UK bought "Kanger" brand, so even the genuine/originals are not 100%. (Clearly the color is irrelevant....:) )

I am now using Kanger mini protanks (3 of them) 1 big protank and a couple of iClear16s.

Have a look here...

Clearomizers

worth the extra i.m.o.

Thanks djsvapour.

How do you find the iclears? do they burn out at all?

They look very close to the CE's.

Do you use the site you just sent? I'm thinking of trying the T3S on page 2.

alexvan

Unregistered Supplier
Oct 5, 2013
China
www.vappo.com
  • Deleted by lamarrk
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

Ld3441

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Florida, USA
(also this link will show you how to clean evod coils - if you are getting no vapor and a mouthful of juice they probably need it! I have only had one, of well, a lot of evods do this. It was one my other half abused without cleaning for a while and used dark liquids in.)
Vapor Lady Lounge Kanger eVod, Protank, MT3, Cleaning and Burning The Atomizer for Better Vaping - YouTube

Thank you for this video! I didn't know the coil could be cleaned like this. I wish I had seen this yesterday because I replaced my coils and threw away the ones that were in there. I will do this first next time. How many times can you clean your coil before they need to be replaced?

BG101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2013
Wales, UK
Wow! That's cool!

Thanks for the link!

And T3S is a very good choice, BTW. I love my Kanger BCC clearos! I like them much better than the CE-anything, frankly.

I personally liked my CE4S but i cant keep replacing them even 4/5 days.

The EVOD's I got I think are clones from FT so thats why I might be getting issues.

I'll get authentic Kanger next.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
While you wait for your eVod, read a little about potential problems and how to deal with them. A lot of people ordered eVods from FT and are quite happy with them. Maybe this will help you to get your FT eVod to work better. Give it a try.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...9-kanger-evod-tanks-leaking.html#post10862859

If that doesn't help, just get a new (genuine Kanger) replacement base and some new coils. I'm sure you can find them of your side of the pond. :)

http://www.discountvapers.com/kanger-evod-base-replacement/

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks djsvapour.

How do you find the iclears? do they burn out at all?

They look very close to the CE's.

Do you use the site you just sent? I'm thinking of trying the T3S on page 2.

iClears are quite good. Having been running a test this week with iClear16 vs mini Protank, I'm saying Protank is winning comfortably.
However, the iClear makes a hot and powerful vapour (which uses lots of juice too) which many like.
They are not the same as a CE clearo....same appearance but dual coil, dual wick.

I use the website I linked to...yes, of course. However, only had one T3S clearomisers and it came without heads, so I used it for 2 weeks and then not seen it since. It was good. Not as good a mini Protanks, i.m.o.

vaper62

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Texas, United States
I too have a couple of CE4s and a TXL Vision. I was having a leakage problem with both the CE4's.

Cleaned em out and no more leaking! I think I'm going to clean them about once a week from now on. (I vape around 2.5 ml/day)

I use an 1100ma Ego c twist batt and find that 4.0v works for me. If you need info on cleaning let me know. Also there are a few great videos on cleaning the CE4 on Youtube. It's quick and easy and worked for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread