Atomizer switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Ya know, an atomizer with a built in switch would make modding SOOOOO much easier. I've planted the seed, now somebody grow it. :)

I hear ya but a new switch for every new atty would be $$$ and not much room in there for a switch. Plus the heat and juice.....

I'd suggest switch with a standard, screw on housing so you could just screw it on to a batt tube of your size/choice. Top it off with an 801 atty thread and a selection of atty adapters and call it a day :D

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
Not enough room? Switches do not have to be these high amp tiny switches everybody insists on putting in their mods. It could be as simple as a plunger switch. With one part of the switch constantly touching the metal atomizer body and the plunger touching the other side when necessary (and pushed by the user) to make the connection.

To reduce it further, the plunger could be the entire metal connection between the rest of the circuit, just touching both sides at the same time when it gets activated.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
how about a simple tube with a switch inside......to be screwed in BETWEEN a battery and a cartridge or cartomizer......you could make them in 501 and 901 and cover the majority of the marketplace.....could also make them with a mini-usb female connection and people could use them as a passthrough.....
There is really not much that hasn't tried or modded.

IMAGE_081.jpg

DSC01441-1.jpg

IMAGE_084.jpg

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA

thorn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
TX, USA
Thank you. I've got a couple of mini mags with an atty plugged into the original bulb plugs. I just had RCA plugs in my hand & didn't think about that.
BTW, how did you get that switch in there?

The Maglite Mini takes AA, the picture was of a Maglite Solitaire that takes AAA. I still haven't given up the quest for a drill-less switch in the back of it. A screw- switch would be okay if it didn't extend the length of the overall unit so much. Half the appeal of the Solitaire is the small size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread