Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Glad to see these threads here. I have been gone for a couple years but still vape. Have not bought anything new in a couple years as I decided to use my stock pile. Weed is now legal in Canada with a four plant maximum. Alot of people grow now that do not even smoke/vape it. I am one of those but started a new hobby with an indoor grow tent to pass the winter by. I know what is going into my plants and I know if there is any mold or something harmful happening. You can buy pure CBD seeds as well for vaping. May do that on my second grow. I will keep people informed on my progress if allowed here. CHEERS!

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Glad to see these threads here. I have been gone for a couple years but still vape. Have not bought anything new in a couple years as I decided to use my stock pile. Weed is now legal in Canada with a four plant maximum. Alot of people grow now that do not even smoke/vape it. I am one of those but started a new hobby with an indoor grow tent to pass the winter by. I know what is going into my plants and I know if there is any mold or something harmful happening. You can buy pure CBD seeds as well for vaping. May do that on my second grow. I will keep people informed on my progress if allowed here. CHEERS!

The indoor grow tents are a useful way to hobby grow. Not sure how much experience you have with indoor , one of the things I do is have a small rotating fan that runs when the light is off, keeps the air moving so helps reduce chance of mold, those first leaves on branches I remove once the plant is growing well as clears out the center to allow good air flow.
It's a fun rewarding winter project. The plants will tell you how they are doing and what they need, as you get more familiar with them and learn to read the signs. Good luck with your grow.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Three plants doing well. Auto flower has big thick buds now. I would think harvest for that plant is about 2-3 weeks out. Waiting on tickcomes to start going cloudy/amber. Other two plants will be allot longer. Turned lights to 12/12 a while back. I set my timers so LED lights run as much as they can on non peek hours. Now they come on at 7pm and off at 7am. Have fan running 24/7 as well as a 4 inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter so no smell goes out side of tent. Have exhaust fan on a speed dial and it controls temp and humidity inside the tent. Kind of exciting to do and a fun hobby. Have hockey this am but will try to get some pictures up this afternoon. CHEERS!

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
I'm an old guy in Canada ... I never would have thought that in my life time "The Killer Weed"
would ever be legalized.

Back in the day when I was much,much younger we used to grow it in patches deep in the bush.The plants got 7 foot tall and larger.
It was a summer job so to speak...:)
The scariest day was harvest time,driving home with a trunk full of green and my heart going thumpity,thump all the way home.

With the changes in the law,I may have to revisit my youth next summer and give it another go...Only this time around it'll be in the veggie garden instead of the deep bush.:)

Good Times way back when...eh...

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
It's really something that everyone in Canada can grow a few plants. I also never thought recreational use would ever be legal. It just has made it easier for small medical grows as many backyards and bedrooms/tents have a few plants now so it's no big deal.
Three plants doing well. Auto flower has big thick buds now. I would think harvest for that plant is about 2-3 weeks out. Waiting on tickcomes to start going cloudy/amber. Other two plants will be allot longer. Turned lights to 12/12 a while back. I set my timers so LED lights run as much as they can on non peek hours. Now they come on at 7pm and off at 7am. Have fan running 24/7 as well as a 4 inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter so no smell goes out side of tent. Have exhaust fan on a speed dial and it controls temp and humidity inside the tent. Kind of exciting to do and a fun hobby. Have hockey this am but will try to get some pictures up this afternoon. CHEERS!

Sounds like you have a good setup.
I also keep a 4" fan going 24/7 to control humidity especially when the lights are off. I should be ready to trip to flower by the end of the month.
I'll be interested in hearing how the auto flower does as I've never grown them
I have a Nuken, a Desil and a couple short true indicas. Could have more with my license but 4 plants is enough since its purely personal and with health issues this amount isn't too much to deal with. Gives me a winter hobby and affordable medicine, plus in life we need things to look forward to, like harvest time:smokie:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
4X2X 5 foot Grow tent. One auto flower and 2 normal plants, 2- thousand watt LEDS, One 75 wattage LED. Blue dial is temperature and humidity meter. Above light, the round is a charcoal filter that absorbs and smells as it puts the tent in negative pressure. There are 2 normal fans in tent for circulation of air and they replicate wind so the stocks on plant get thick and strong.

20200119_072649.jpg

Had them in Veg to long so I had to bend the tops to kinda keep my canopy somewhat at same level. Will run netting across on my second grow. Have them in 2 gallon fabric pots but have 5 gallon fabric pots for my next grow

20200119_072547.jpg

This is the top bud from my autoflower.
20200119_072740.jpg

It is allot of fun. Made many mistakes but as a first grow I am pretty happy. Have many things I am going to change for my second grow. I would say whole setup was under $500. Seeds about 10 to 20 dollars each. Next grow I have 3 - OG Kush seeds and one autoflower seed.

I did not have to buy it all at once is the nice thing. These were planted October 29th. Started off with one light, small fan and the tent. Tent was $120 and $35 for 75 watt LED and $15 for a fan. Soil, pots and seeds and you can start them.

I am also 58 years old and can not believe the government allows me to do this. I never dreamed that I would see this in my life time. When I was young I was considered a criminal for doing this outdoors. LOL

CHEERS!

Last edited:

Fog n Vape

ECF Veteran
Dec 18, 2014
Vancouver Island Canada
Nice setup, lots of watts so no wonder your already in bud......I've had some success depending on the strain with raising the off temperature to the same as on ,or close to it, for 10 to 14 days when first change light to 12/12 to reduce stretching during the first weeks of bud. Keeps the plants and buds more compact. Ymmv though seems to help sativa n hybrids more than true indicas which tend to be short and compact anyway. I try to keep the temperature under 26 centigrade or 80 farenheit when lights are on as too much heat when lights are on contribute to stretching. Right now my tent runs about 75 farenheit with lights on which is just about ideal.

Life is good but it just seems to be a bit more fun with a toke now n then.

• Useful
Reactions: Izan

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I run 78 degrees with lights on. 73 with lights off. Thinking of cutting one down when trichomes are still clear. They say it is not such a high head high and you can still function. Work settles down when spring comes will be better for testing the crops. Never know when I have to jump in my truck for a furnace down. CHEERS!

Reactions: Fog n Vape

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Going to be a big yeild I am sure. Whole auto flower is buds like that. Not bad for a free seed. Got 3 seeds for next grow and 4 seeds for outside come summer. As you know, and for ones that don't know, Canada we have a four plant maximum so I will stay within the law since I am not a bigtime smoker anyways. Grow tent is in my pellet gun/archery range in my house. Grow tent sure slows down my shooting. I have a small ground blind I may setup for drying since they say drying is better in the dark. My other 2 plants will be in grow tent for at least another month or more. No intentions of buying another grow tent. :)

CHEERS!

Last edited:

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Using a Jewelers loop I could not see Tricombs very well as to when to harvest. Always wondered how people got such clear pictures. Went to my sisters and she had a little toy and was playing around with hers in my cell phone so when I got home I bought one. I think my plant is ready for harvest. But the very first thing I found was a spider mite. Went all over the three plants and found one more spider mite. Closer inspection I found only two real small webs so hoping I cough it fast. Never would have seen it if not for new microscope.

tricombs.jpeg

Camera was only $40. CAN. Very happy with it.
tricombs1.jpeg

CHEERS!

Last edited:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
Using a Jewelers loop I could not see Tricombs very well as to when to harvest. Always wondered how people got such clear pictures. Went to my sisters and she had a little toy and was playing around with hers in my cell phone so when I got home I bought one. I think my plant is ready for harvest. But the very first thing I found was a spider mite. Went all over the three plants and found one more spider mite. Closer inspection I found only two real small webs so hoping I cough it fast. Never would have seen it if not for new microscope.

tricombs.jpeg

Camera was only $40. CAN. Very happy with it.
tricombs1.jpeg

CHEERS!

Looks great...How did the harvest go and where did you purchase your microscope from?

On a side note,I got a few seeds for this years experiment grow.Some Cindy 99 seed,some Auto AK and some Auto Northern Lights.The Cindy99 came from an old friend who's been growing that strain for years.Looking forward to this spring! :)

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread