Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Okay, I recently got my REO mini and got a couple cheap atomizers from DV to get me started. Been a little under a week on this first atty, now I'm getting a burnt taste a couple puffs after I sqounk. I'm assuming this means I either need to clean the atty or swap it out, but as this is my first time using them, I'd appreciate some input. I'm planning on buying some better quality atties from either Ikenvape or the Cisco specs from Avid, if anyone has experience with using either of those on a REO some feedback on that would be appreciated as well! I'll be getting a rebuildable at some point, but my budget is a bit small at the moment and the cheap alternatives for the mini seem a bit limited.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Blind squonk. Draw without firing and squonk. Listen for a gurgle and you will feel some resistance. Stop squonking. It does not take much juice. This helps with flooding and also gives the atty the right amount of juice for a few vapes.

If you are getting the burned taste you probably don't have enough juice in the atty.

You don't have to pay a lot for a good atty. Robert sells some that work well on the REO's.

Just make sure you have enough juice in them before vaping.

rudy4653

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
CT
Okay, I recently got my REO mini and got a couple cheap atomizers from DV to get me started. Been a little under a week on this first atty, now I'm getting a burnt taste a couple puffs after I sqounk. I'm assuming this means I either need to clean the atty or swap it out, but as this is my first time using them, I'd appreciate some input. I'm planning on buying some better quality atties from either Ikenvape or the Cisco specs from Avid, if anyone has experience with using either of those on a REO some feedback on that would be appreciated as well! I'll be getting a rebuildable at some point, but my budget is a bit small at the moment and the cheap alternatives for the mini seem a bit limited.

Congrats on the REO! Now that you have THE best mod out there I strongly recommend you beg, borrow, or steal $45.00 and get a RM2 atty. For the price of 10 regular attys you are much better off!
A regular 510 atty on a REO is like burning lawn mower gas in a Ferrari! Get the jet fuel!! :)

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
From someone who dripped on 510s almost exclusively for over 1.5 year… I think I had 3 510 atomizers that were like "wow" and the rest were acceptable. My experience with the RM2 has been much better than all of the 510 (including the 3 wow).

Rebuilding the rm2 has been super easy and very economical, at first I was put off by the name… Micro coil? How could it get any worse, I can barely see the regular coils. Now I has to make them even smaller? In reality the micro coil could just as well have been called the "easy" coil. Especially after watching super_x excellent how to videos.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
Maybe already mentioned.... if Mini is a new Mini 2.1 from REO no issue with RM2 fitting in well. Robert may be milling all new RM2s down, now, but I'm not sure, so they will fit the smaller wells on Mini 1.0 and 2.0.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

I actually called to check on this, the RM2 should fit 'em all now!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com

Primulas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2009
MI, USA
Crimson, check these tutorials out while you anxiously await the first day of the rest of your life:
Photo tutorial of easy starter build:
RM2 / RBA 2.0 / Reomizer 2 Rebuild Tutorial

Video tutorial of SLIGHTLY more advanced build.

How To Make A Perfect Micro Coil With The Darkzero Coil Jig - YouTube
It's not hard at all bro. Even I can do it :)

it's easy. My first coil was solid. My second was "perfect." Wrap around something with a stopper....i find it easy using my precision screwdrivers. Even if it's not perfect on the initial wrap heating and scrunching will make it perfect. Also fit it while it's still on your coiling base, so it doesn't get deformed while you position/tighten the post screws. You can adjust position a decent amount after it's all tightened down and "scrunched."

PS: CrimsonJack I'm stealing your profile picture for work. I'm referred to as "Bear."

-Primulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread