Atomizer without a wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diabolus

Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Los Angeles
Right now I use an Ovale elips and I am very unhappy with it. It has terrible wicking and sometimes I get an awful dry hit.

I'm considering either a ProVari or a Reos mods which is what I should have gone with from the start.

I am concerned with the wick and was wondering if there are any high-quality atomizers that do not use a wick that would function with either of these devices?

A lot of material comes from China and I have not been impressed with their history of quality control. I would hate to be using an eletronic cigarette to find out the wick I am using is causing damage to my health.

I too use the elips from ovale... what i did was remove the spike and take the wick out, clean it off real good under some warm water and put it back in the spike from the bottom. I made sure not to put it back in as far as it initially was.. you will see a small amount of the mesh that holds the wick in place sticking out the bottom instead of fully pushed in. This has made everything work great and no more dry hits... I also use an 80/20 PG/VG mix for liquids. I noticed the heavier the VG the more your wick can clog up.

ChrispyCritter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2011
West of Rochester,N.Y.
As far as I know there is a wick in all coils in e cigs..if the coil wasn't wrapped around something it would get too hot and melt..the wick the coil is wrapped around holds the juice. If there was no wick I don't think you could feed juice to a coil good enough to provide all this vapor and if you did the cartomizer would leak probably. There are modders that use stainless mesh for wicks not sure there is one manufactured with it though. The ceramic wicks don't worry me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread