Attempt No. 1 = Fail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
So I think this is what I will buy looks like it will cost $175 all up.
Money's not really an issue I just want to make sure I get the right stuff any comments appreciated...

Greenhouse One
- RY4 30ML 18MG
- Green Apple 30ML 24MG
- Classic tobacco 30ML 24MG
- Watermelon 30ML 36MG
- Unflavored 48MG eliquid (120ML)

Vape King
- Joye 510-T Starter Kit (Manual) - White Joye 510-T Starter Kit

vapebar
- Vapebar Ultimate Starter Kit Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit

peacemaker1337

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Orlando, FL
KGO's are also a great unit. I like the battery life on them and they hit pretty decent! As time goes you'll do more research and step up to mods! When you get there, do considerable research! I did and found the Silverbullet from AltSmoke as the go to PV for my needs! remember you'll figure out what works and what doesn't in your quest for the perfect vape!

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
So I think this is what I will buy looks like it will cost $175 all up.
Money's not really an issue I just want to make sure I get the right stuff any comments appreciated...

Greenhouse One
- RY4 30ML 18MG
- Green Apple 30ML 24MG
- Classic Tobacco 30ML 24MG
- Watermelon 30ML 36MG
- Unflavored 48MG eLiquid (120ML)

Vape King
- Joye 510-T Starter Kit (Manual) - White Joye 510-T Starter Kit

vapebar
- Vapebar Ultimate Starter Kit Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit

I'm a bit new myself but have done quite a lot of research and spent quite a bit of money trying things out.

30ML of Juice is a lot. Consider that most cartomizers hold about 1ML of liquid and will last you about 4 hours if you're smoking a pack/day. if you really hate it do you'll be stuck with 29ML to go. I'd suggest getting more flavors in smaller sizes.

What do you plan to do with the 48MG liquid. That's too high to vape strait! You could use it to increase the nic level of other juice DIY style. I'm not that savvy at DIY yet (got some stuff on order) but most advice I've would indicate that 48mg/ml could be dangerous to pets and children and could even make a heavy smoker feel ill if you came into direct contact with it.

I haven't used the Joye 510 (minis) but most people here on ECF wouldn't recommend them. They do have the more common 510 threading that'll allow you to use the tanks etc on other batteries you may buy in the future. More commonly reccommended is the Smokeless Image Volt from smokelessimage.com. bloogplanet.com sells pretty much the same thing. I don't know about shipping to Australia for either of those. The volt and the Bloog are 808 threaded so if you want to use the cartomizers from them on other things you'll probably need an adapter. They're cheap though so don't let that hold you back.

On the Vapebar kit. If you're going to get eGo batteries I would skip the eGo C and get a Twist. I do like the Vision V2 clearomizers that the kit comes with. But, I never vape it as low as 3.3 volts which is what I believe the regular eGo batteries are regulated to. You probably won't pay much more to use the kit as a guideline and get all the same stuff but with Twist Batteries. The twists are a bit longer but not unmanageably so.

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
Thanks SolemnPenguin...

30ML of Juice is a lot. Consider that most cartomizers hold about 1ML of liquid and will last you about 4 hours if you're smoking a pack/day. if you really hate it do you'll be stuck with 29ML to go. I'd suggest getting more flavors in smaller sizes.

Good point I'll double the flavours and get 10ML

What do you plan to do with the 48MG liquid. That's too high to vape strait! You could use it to increase the nic level of other juice DIY style. I'm not that savvy at DIY yet (got some stuff on order) but most advice I've would indicate that 48mg/ml could be dangerous to pets and children and could even make a heavy smoker feel ill if you came into direct contact with it..

I was planning on buying flavours locally to mix at a later date just thought I'd get enough while im buying OS. Should I get 36MG you think?

I haven't used the Joye 510 (minis) but most people here on ECF wouldn't recommend them. They do have the more common 510 threading that'll allow you to use the tanks etc on other batteries you may buy in the future. More commonly reccommended is the Smokeless Image Volt from smokelessimage.com. bloogplanet.com sells pretty much the same thing. I don't know about shipping to Australia for either of those. The volt and the Bloog are 808 threaded so if you want to use the cartomizers from them on other things you'll probably need an adapter. They're cheap though so don't let that hold you back.

I just wanted a plain old 510 to blend in. Not sure on the delivery to a OZ maybe batteries are an issue i believe

On the Vapebar kit. If you're going to get eGo batteries I would skip the eGo C and get a Twist. I do like the Vision V2 clearomizers that the kit comes with. But, I never vape it as low as 3.3 volts which is what I believe the regular eGo batteries are regulated to. You probably won't pay much more to use the kit as a guideline and get all the same stuff but with Twist Batteries. The twists are a bit longer but not unmanageably so.

Def want a twist just thought I'd get the kit and upgrade to a couple of twists later as it already looks alot in this to start...

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
I was planning on buying flavours locally to mix at a later date just thought I'd get enough while im buying OS. Should I get 36MG you think?

The DIY forum would be the place to get a real answer. I haven't done it yet. That said. You'd want to mix it with more than just flavor. Flavor is a pretty small part of the mixture and may not dilute the nicotine down to where you want it. You may want to pick up some PG or VG as well. There are calculators online where you plug in the nicotine content of your base and what you want you nicotine mg/ml to be in the finished product and what percentage of flavor you want to add (most suggestions I see way to mix a small quantity starting at 5% flavoring and adjust as you see fit) and what quantity of product you want to end with. The calculator will tell you how much of this and that to mix in. As far as the strength to start with. Just read up and understand any risks and make sure your comfortable with them. Wear gloves and perhaps safety glasses and make sure a sink is nearby.

I just wanted a plain old 510 to blend in. Not sure on the delivery to a OZ maybe batteries are an issue i believe

The other two vendors I mentioned can be ordered in white with an orange/amber or red led to blend in as well. The SI Volt 65mm battery will hold 220mAh (miliamp hours) though the 78mm battery carries 320mAh and isn't that much longer. Where as the one you linked to says they batteries are only 150mAh. That means you'll have to charge them more often. Also, the ones you linked to are manual. Which means you'll have to push a button. SI and Bloog offer automatics (most manufactures of the minis do) meaning to activate them all you have to do is draw on them like you would a cigarette. Personally, I like the manuals unless I'm in my car.

Def want a twist just thought I'd get the kit and upgrade to a couple of twists later as it already looks alot in this to start...

I like my twist a lot. If you're not ready to jump into variable voltages though (understandable and not really necessary) you may prefer the kGo. From what I've read the eGo's are regulated to 3.3v which is on the low side. The kGo is unregulated. So, it'll start strong and slowly drop off and finally die around 3.2v. Most of the time though it'll be above the eGo's regulated output which you'll prefer. My one complaint about the unregulated battery I have tried was that it was very inconsistent in vaping quality. That was one of the designed for newbie minis though and it's battery life was so short that the voltage fall off was very noticeable throughout the charge.

Don't focus too much on getting THE RIGHT thing or the best thing. Just get something that suits you to get you of the smokes!

This forum has been a tremendous help to me. Dare I say a life saver? Perhaps! It took me a solid week to really latch on to all the lingo though. Keep reading. Keep vaping!

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
I

Think this looks better then...

The kits comes with the following :-

Medium Joyetech Case (will hold complete units - see pic below)
2 x Joyetech Ego C Twist 650mah Variable Voltage Batteries - 3.2volts to 4.8volt vaping
1 x Joyetech Atomiser Cover + 5 Tanks to suit
5 x Joyetech Ego C Standard/Regular resistance heads
1 x USB Ego Fast Charger
1 x 10ml Standard JuiceWhore Juice (limited flavours and ZERO NICOTINE)

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-07-30_19-25-47.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-07-30_19-25-47.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
Yes, that looks MUCH better than the 510-T! I'd suggest getting the 1000 mAh batteries though. It's alittle bit bigger than the 650, but you'll be glad you did when you don't have to charge the battery as often. But at any rate, the Twist is 100% better than the 510-T. The Twist has a regulated battery, so you're last vape will be the same as your first vape, as opposed to unregulated where your vaping experience diminishes as the battery power goes down.

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
So I think I've narrowed my 1st buy down to 2 decent starter packs (avail local AU), juices, nic (OS) & anything else I need to get me going and keep me off the analogs.

I think the following shop will be around the $200 mark which Im fine with if is good gear...

- 510 starter pack for work that look like ciggys etc...
2 x Joyetech 510 batteries - automatic
5 x Boge LR Cartomizers - your choice of Cigarette .... Brown or White
1 x Personal Charging Case - your choice of Blue, Black or Stainless (mirror)

- eGo Twist Starter for home etc
Medium Joyetech Case
2 x Joyetech Ego C Twist 1000mah Variable Voltage Batteries - 3.2volts to 4.8volt vaping
1 x USB Ego Fast Charger

- Cartomiser/Clearomisers

- 10 x 10ML various strength e-liquid
- Plain PG and plain VG
- mixing bottles, syringes

I will get some local flavours later on... for starters I'm happy to use premixed and get the nic while Im ordering OS. I think think the 510 & Twist should be a good combo too...

Craktskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2012
Cebu, Philippines
OMG, I was like you. Bought an eGo-T from a mall at well over $100 USD and realized 3 or 4 days later I had paid too much and the "sample" juices in the tanks all sucked. I didn't do my research until AFTER my first mistake either. Sure, they had high nic samples, but tasted like crap.

We're learning constantly from this. Have fun on your journey n874.......

n874

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2012
Sydney Australia
We sure are Craktskull these forums are "priceless"

OMG, I was like you. Bought an eGo-T from a mall at well over $100 USD and realized 3 or 4 days later I had paid too much and the "sample" juices in the tanks all sucked. I didn't do my research until AFTER my first mistake either. Sure, they had high nic samples, but tasted like crap.

We're learning constantly from this. Have fun on your journey n874.......

SolemnPenguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
Houston, TX
So I think I've narrowed my 1st buy down to 2 decent starter packs (avail local AU), juices, nic (OS) & anything else I need to get me going and keep me off the analogs.

I think the following shop will be around the $200 mark which Im fine with if is good gear...

- 510 starter pack for work that look like ciggys etc...
2 x Joyetech 510 batteries - automatic
5 x Boge LR Cartomizers - your choice of Cigarette .... Brown or White
1 x Personal Charging Case - your choice of Blue, Black or Stainless (mirror)

- eGo Twist Starter for home etc
Medium Joyetech Case
2 x Joyetech Ego C Twist 1000mah Variable Voltage Batteries - 3.2volts to 4.8volt vaping
1 x USB Ego Fast Charger

- Cartomiser/Clearomisers

- 10 x 10ML various strength e-liquid
- Plain PG and plain VG
- mixing bottles, syringes

I will get some local flavours later on... for starters I'm happy to use premixed and get the nic while Im ordering OS. I think think the 510 & Twist should be a good combo too...

Looks good to me especially with the PCC for the minis. My PCC will charge up a battery faster than I can use one so unless the PCC runs low it should last you while you're out and about.

King Josiah

Verified Member
Jul 24, 2012
norman, oklahoma
I bought a rn4081 cheap e cig at the mall for $120. I know how you feel man. Gotta learn from our mistakes. Then I upgraded to a ego Tank and vaped 6mg strength for a bit. didnt keep me off cigs. Ive now learned that having a high nicotine mg level is a must. Now I have a Lavatube Mod, and ordered diy ejuice supplies. Hope this helped a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread