ATTN! If you took the "Ecig User Poll" PLEASE READ!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

markarich159

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
PA, USA
this is getting porogressivly more complicated. I'm nervous about sending an email to someone I barely know, as I get enough spam. No insult meant.

No offense meant as well, I have no problem doing the poll. But I also have a part ownership interest in Credit Bureau/Medical Billing/Collection Agency and with the info you are asking to provide along with the proper search engine I could easily start culling Social Security #'s and assuming Identities( I'm certainly not implying that you're doing that). But knowing what can be done with info, it does make me leery when anyone asks me for information of this nature.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
I'm near as unlikely as they come to give out any info about myself that I don't have to as well, but finally realized the line just has to be drawn somewhere... When it comes to the things that matter most to us in this life, we can't (and shouldn't) always expect it to be The Other Guy who'll be willing to do and risk something. If we want to have any hope of positive change and outcome in those areas, anyway.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
No offense meant as well, I have no problem doing the poll. But I also have a part ownership interest in Credit Bureau/Medical Billing/Collection Agency and with the info you are asking to provide along with the proper search engine I could easily start culling Social Security #'s and assuming Identities( I'm certainly not implying that you're doing that). But knowing what can be done with info, it does make me leery when anyone asks me for information of this nature.
Specifically why I didn't ask for exact birthdate - just the year - nor exact address - just the city. That makes it pretty difficult to narrow down. Either way, I'm not sharing the info with anyone - it's the same info you'd have to give if you were participating in any real study. Actually, less.

If you wouldn't participate in a study to help keep ecigs legal, then don't participate here. If you have an interest in keeping ecigs legal and want to help by providing verifiable, statistical information about ecig users, then participate.

If you want my phone number and address as a precaution, just PM me. I'd be happy to share it.

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Only saw this today, sorry :oops:, but have sent the e-mail with the information just now, hope it's still of some use to you.

Thanx heaps for all your hard work, it is much appreciated !

Cheers,
Silver
Absolutely not too late!! If they took the main survey, I need those people to still take the second poll and email me. I'd love to get all respondants to do it, but so far only 220 people have responded, so we have a ways to go.

I'll post to let people know when I'm done collecting surveys - so keep 'em coming until I say no more! :)

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, I think it's been entirely too long now since anyone's shown up to complicate matters! :lol: ;) So! At your service: *Might it be good to have Webby or a mod edit the OP again, to reflect the below? I'd imagine that many who do find their way over to this thread may not read far enough to see it, as the OP would seem self-explanatory enough on its own, and beyond that they may assume what follows consists only of ppl voicing support with 'Info sent,' 'Thanks, good luck,' etc.

*Ok, I'll go out on a limb here: Yes, self, you are correct. It would be good. :p :D

If it makes people feel better, omit your city and just tell me the state/province & country or just the country. Knowing the state would be nice for future advocacy, though, so please include it if you can. (The location information was for demographics for CASAA.)

Thanks! :)

greenie

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
Pacific Northwest
bump!

and done

I'm near as unlikely as they come to give out any info about myself that I don't have to as well, but finally realized the line just has to be drawn somewhere... When it comes to the things that matter most to us in this life, we can't (and shouldn't) always expect it to be The Other Guy who'll be willing to do and risk something. If we want to have any hope of positive change and outcome in those areas, anyway.

A great sentiment.:thumb:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread