Attomizers burning out quickly??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvr

Dec 24, 2011
Canada
Thanks Washvap.....

Not giving up, all though without any atty's i'm back on the analog's temporarily. Just frustrated.

Really hate being on cigs again, just trying to figure out what's going on. My wife doesn't seem to be convinced that vaping is so much better than smoking....having to always buy new parts doesn't help. To be honest, she is right, I do cough much more vaping than I did smoking. That being said it's not the chronic smokers cough, but the vapor that seems to irritate my throat as I'm vaping, seems to get better through out the day tho....

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Sorry about that, I didn't read the last sentence of your first post. Ego-T's use atomizers as well. Most of the things that I mentioned are going to apply. For instance, instead of adding drops. You would want to do some primer puffs. This will allow more liquid into the area where the coil is located. Which will keep the coil and wick that is in the interior moist. So that it won't be burning dry when you take a drag. Also, it's best to take a longer and lighter draw with an ego-T. This will also help.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
No problem, just trying to help the best way I can. All of my ego-T atties have lasted me for 7 months when I was using it pretty regularly. I actually still have them and use them sometimes. Maintanence is really key when it comes to the ego-T. Since it will keep it working at an optimal level and will last longer. The coils that are in the ego-T atty are very durable and deal well with dry burning compared to others that I have used.

If you want some help with cleaning them then I'm more then willing to help. Just let me know.

Sorry to hear that you have gone back to cigs. I hope that you get back on track soon. Since it takes time to reap the health benefits. That comes after a week or so. You might have a bad reaction to PG. Since some have the same complaints. EDIT: You should also drink more water during the day to stay hydrated.

Thanks Washvap.....

Not giving up, all though without any atty's i'm back on the analog's temporarily. Just frustrated.

Really hate being on cigs again, just trying to figure out what's going on. My wife doesn't seem to be convinced that vaping is so much better than smoking....having to always buy new parts doesn't help. To be honest, she is right, I do cough much more vaping than I did smoking. That being said it's not the chronic smokers cough, but the vapor that seems to irritate my throat as I'm vaping, seems to get better through out the day tho....

Last edited:

mvr

Dec 24, 2011
Canada
Thanks for the tips..... I'll keep trying till I find the solution....

Won't be on the cigs long..... just till I get a new atty. Just another reason why I love vaping so much... I can fall off the wagon for a brief period, but vaping is such a good replacement I can quit tobacco with no effort. Every other quite smoking method I've tried either flat out didn't work, or eventually fell for that one smoke that quickly led right back to my regular habit.

All though not the same, e-cigs easily keep me away from tobacco. The temptation is minor at worst for the beginning....(compared to everything else I've tried....) and after a very short time, I really don't miss smoking at all. In my opinion so far, e-cigs is like quitting smoking, without the effort. Soooo much easier than anything else I've tried. I expect I'll be able to ween down and eventually be 100% nic free.

Last edited:

~Sue~Feb2012

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2012
USA
Thanks for the reply's...

No luck with the nib adjustment.... I'll test with the multi-meter tomorrow to confirm, but looks as like they're all dead.

Wish I could detect that burnt flavour... I rarely notice any flavour from any liquid... every once and a while I get a faint taste of something good...but it's really rare.....

I just started using Ego T a few days ago and not getting any flavor...(all my ejuices that were awesome flavor, refilling cartomizers etc.) now there's no taste in the Ego T ! All I'm tasting is plastic? I've been wondering what's up with this "no flavor" thing. Crappy atomizers? (I've rotated the 3 attys that came with my order, 2 in the kit and an extra I ordered)... all three are junk? Gunked up in a day? I emailed the vendor that I ordered the kit from, to see if he has an idea what could be wrong. I suspect (from what I've been reading) that it's because I use mostly VG based ejuices. All my eliquids have been working great in cartomizers, but I went to Ego T so that I wouldn't have to top off so often. So, for now, I'm using the Ego batts with my old cartomizers for the flavor and vapor. The Ego tanks just sitting here off to the side...sigh

mvr

Dec 24, 2011
Canada
I just started using Ego T a few days ago and not getting any flavor...(all my ejuices that were awesome flavor, refilling cartomizers etc.) now there's no taste in the Ego T ! All I'm tasting is plastic? I've been wondering what's up with this "no flavor" thing. Crappy atomizers? (I've rotated the 3 attys that came with my order, 2 in the kit and an extra I ordered)... all three are junk? Gunked up in a day? I emailed the vendor that I ordered the kit from, to see if he has an idea what could be wrong. I suspect (from what I've been reading) that it's because I use mostly VG based ejuices. All my eliquids have been working great in cartomizers, but I went to Ego T so that I wouldn't have to top off so often. So, for now, I'm using the Ego batts with my old cartomizers for the flavor and vapor. The Ego tanks just sitting here off to the side...sigh

I've given up on the ego-t's. I can't get any flavour, and the atty's burn out crazy fast for me. I'm now on Kanger H-coil cartomizers with a VV mod. I find I get some flavour out of those cartos, but close to nothing, (if anything...) out of the tank mods, (or anything else I've tried...) Tried other tank systems as well, (stardust, DCT tank) but the only thing I've tried that I get any flavour out of is the kanger's. Even direct dripping didn't seem to do anything for me....guess there's alot of variables, and what works for one, doesn't work for all. Haven't really tried much else for cartomizers, but that's been the best for me so far, so I've just stuck with it for now since it's what's available from my local supplier...

Funny that atty's are supposed to last longer..... haven't had one yet last longer than any kanger, I change them out to keep the flavour fresh, but have yet to have one burn out.... I've had atty's die in less than 48 hrs. Maybe it's just my style of vaping.....Dunno??

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Cigs cost about the same here.....but I've been paying 20$ an atty, so it would be nice if they would last a little longer than they have been......

Where the heck are you getting your atties and what atties are you using? Even with shipping to Canada, you ought to be able to do better than that.

mvr

Dec 24, 2011
Canada
Where the heck are you getting your atties and what atties are you using? Even with shipping to Canada, you ought to be able to do better than that.

I've been buying joyetech atties, from ................... They are local for me and have given great service. They are now selling them for $16, + shipping costs, so maybe I was off a bit at 20$.... They've been great to deal with, but seem to have a hard time keeping nic juice in stock....selection of in stock juice seems to be quite limited lately. Probably due to the fact that its a lot more work for them since juicy clear was shut down...

Technocrat

Dec 12, 2008
I just did a bunch of research looking for a high quality, relatively simple, and universal ecig for my sister. I finally settled on a genuine Joyetech eGo-T with a bigger battery (1000 mAh), because she is lazy and not very technically savvy.

I did notice that at least 3 sites said specifically NOT to use VG in the original eGo-T because it was specifically designed for PG only juices. The site I eventually ordered from (Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com I found on the Forum Suppliers List) did not mention this and had both PG/VG (and 25%/50%75% blends) available. I stuck with 100% PG (better runny than clogged). Maybe the 'no VG' only applies to an older version of the eGo-T or to generic knock offs (and knock off atomizers/tanks).

I hope that helps, at least a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread