Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
I apparently screwed my Vision Spinners too tight during my frustration yesterday and the pins must have got stuck down because right now I'm sitting here with BOTH my batteries dead even though I've had one or the other on the charger since I got them last week or so.

I had to run to the store and pick up a freaking Blu starter pack because these things only happen on a Saturday night around midnight, right? My only other options were njoy or some other brand I'd never heard of. Or actual cigarettes (which would have been way cheaper but I'm not ready to cave yet).

Does anyone know if the starter pack is precharged or not? I got a disposable one, too, just in case but it's ghastly. If the Starter Pack is precharged I'll open it, but if it's not, I'll just take it back tomorrow if I can get one of my Spinners charged or exchanged at the B&M I purchased it from.

This is what the backup battery was supposed to be for, dammit! Both of them weren't supposed to go at the same time. GRRRRRRRR

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Doh...looks like you need a backup for your backup of your backup ;)

I'm upgrading not too long after my check clears on the 11th.

This has been a hell of a day, though. My desktop took a dump so I'll be replacing that, too.

Honestly, if it weren't for knowing I'll have enough money to fix all this in couple days, I'd be crazy homicidal....lol

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Ewww... Tough it out with the disposable. You don't have to wait for a full charge to start using your Spinner again. Run time will be short, but you can use it. Even if there is some charge in the Blu batteries - those are tiny batteries. If they have a partial charge you might get 15 to 30 minutes so if you ask me it's not worth opening the package if you can get your money back. Fully charged? 45 to 90 minutes - tops.

Do you only have one Spinner charger? If so, just swap off the batteries until you can get one of them back up to a full charge.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I'm upgrading not too long after my check clears on the 11th.

This has been a hell of a day, though. My desktop took a dump so I'll be replacing that, too.

Honestly, if it weren't for knowing I'll have enough money to fix all this in couple days, I'd be crazy homicidal....lol
Did you say computer?

You sooo need a USB bypass...no battery, just plug into a USB (some say use a wall wart for safety) Imagine zorching your computer!! GASP!!! (sorry it doesn't help your right now though) Maybe something in USB passthru where you can charge while ya vape?

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004592/1382500

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
:blink: Ok I think I know what that means. Yet I'm not sure. lol

It means it appears the motherboard on my desktop computer decided that today was a good day to die. The computer is 5-6 years old and gets constant, heavy use and I haven't been treating it so good lately, so it's understandable. I'm going to get something with far more power and hook up my old harddrive as a slave to the new one so it should be easy to access my data.

Probably rebuild the old one if I feel up to it. Give it away or something.

At any rate, I'm not even 6 days quitting smoking so I can NOT go without my nicotine just yet and to have the computer go down is just added stress.

Of course, now I get to look forward to a way cool new system and new setups for vaping, too. :D

I just have to get through the night and the morning.

God, these Blus are REVOLTING!

ShariR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
You only need to charge one of the spinners for about an hour for you to be able to start using it. Then stick the other on the charger. Hopefully this will get you through til bedtime. Good luck. I did the same thing once back about a month ago. Somehow ended up with two dead spinners. Bought two more. Now I rotate between the four of them and it won't happen again. Good luck and good for you for not caving. I didn't cave either. Cudos.

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
The disposable. Although I did open the Starter Pack and try that, too.

I'm not worried about it. I have the receipt and Walgreens will take it back. I ought to know. I worked for them in management for 10 years....lol

Now I'm having a different issue: Both batteries flash like 14 times when I plug them on the charger and the light doesn't stay on like it's supposed to. I'm not sure they're getting a charge.

I hope the B&M is open tomorrow because I'm taking one of these back. I ordered the other one online so I'll have to return that differently.

Definitely getting something else. These are too fragile for me when I get frustrated...lol

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

I'm not worried about it. I have the receipt and Walgreens will take it back. I ought to know. I worked for them in management for 10 years....lol

Now I'm having a different issue: Both batteries flash like 14 times when I plug them on the charger and the light doesn't stay on like it's supposed to. I'm not sure they're getting a charge.

I hope the B&M is open tomorrow because I'm taking one of these back. I ordered the other one online so I'll have to return that differently.

Definitely getting something else. These are too fragile for me when I get frustrated...lol

If they were Joyetech I could interpret that one. At least they are flashing - at the very least it means a connection was established when you powered up the charger. I'm not sure the battery was "happy" with the connection though. A Joyetech gives you 3-5 flashes when connected to a charger and then the battery LED stays off. The charger dongle LED is what tells you what is happening with the charge status after that.

If you are still gonna be up, give one 20 - 30 minutes on the charger, take it off, and see what you get. Don't forget too that it's likely these are in "off" mode now so try the multi-click thing to turn it back on.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ego-type-models/410194-vision-spinner-flash.html

Looks like you need to try the center pin fix a little better, be very careful when you tighten the head and charger, don't over tighten, just gently snug it down

Last edited:

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
Did you say computer?

You sooo need a USB bypass...no battery, just plug into a USB (some say use a wall wart for safety) Imagine zorching your computer!! GASP!!! (sorry it doesn't help your right now though) Maybe something in USB passthru where you can charge while ya vape?

$5.50 Variable Voltage USB Passthrough Battery for E-Cigarette - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I feel the OPs pain. i heeded (because I had the money at the time!!) the warnings about "backups to backups" and have 2 small evod batteries that was my starter kit, I still use them when I'm tasting a lot of flavors in mini clearos. I have 2 spinners and 1 twist AND my newest: iTaste SVD which I LOVE but barely know how to operate, lol! But I have a list started for my first FASTTECH order and will add the pass thru you mentioned, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread