Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Got the augvape today and i tried a few builds but im struggling to get some decent taste from it ! My last build with 2x32 kanthal is kind of ok, i usually build with 28 g kanthal with always 4 wraps. Compared to my kayfuns and the siren 2 the flavour isnt realy hitting. On my last build the Coil is almost touching the air intake i tried higher but no that was waste of time. Any suggestions ?!
    Im using a 510 drip tip as the 810 takes away much flavour..
    Not sure if only 4 wraps will cover the air hole enough.
    I'm using 8 wraps spaced 26g SS

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Not sure if only 4 wraps will cover the air hole enough.
    I'm using 8 wraps spaced 26g SS
    Yep, that hadn't dawned on me. I always space my coils if they aren't quite long enough, don't even think about it anymore it's so routine now.

Knut arne

Sep 1, 2016
    Norway
    D479257A-DC80-401E-A6DC-A41BD38EF9AA.jpeg
    D4F8A35C-3F2F-409D-81F6-3ADA4DE51A93.jpeg

I guess i could try a wider build

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Sorry, 3 mm. I tried loose/tight cotton, a little longer and short, but it makes no diffrence to me.

8 wraps with 26g ss must be around 0,5 ohm i guess?
    I prefer around 1 ohm builds..
    7 wraps 26g kanthal, spaced would give about 1 ohm, but more surface area

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    I would suggest you use a bit more cotton and thin the tails a bit. You want to spread the tails so they go across the whole port but not tight or wedged in.
    Are they suppose to touch the bottom part of the base......and yeah I broke down and got one, just isn't here yet.

Gotta stay out of these forums........makes my budget hurt....

LOL
    :)

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Are they suppose to touch the bottom part of the base......and yeah I broke down and got one, just isn't here yet.

Gotta stay out of these forums........makes my budget hurt....

LOL
    :)
    No. Trim the tails so they just tuck into the port, you don't want to keep more than what is even or just below the bar line. Just read KingPin's review on VU and he doe the arrow cuts so the tip hangs a bit below the bar but the bulk of his wick it just inside the port. After tucking in the tails use you tweezers or coil rod to spread the tails across the entire port but make sure you thin enough for decent wiggle room.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 31, 2012
    New Mexico

My tails barely go through the openings on top. Cannot see them from the side except maybe a "point" or edge from the cut angle. Main thing is not to cram too much into the wicking hole. Full, but loose seems to work best for me. Shorter seems to work best for me to get the saturated flavor I like. Also, I am using a 65vg/35pg juice so the wicking is an easy transfer from tank to wick.

Others may be using Max VG (90/10) I would be curious to hear if there is a difference in wicking/flow.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    My tails barely go through the openings on top. Main thing is not to cram too much into the wicking hole. Full, but loose seems to work best for me. Shorter seems to work best for me to get the saturated flavor I like. Also, I am using a 65vg/35pg juice so the wicking is an easy transfer from tank to wick.

Others may be using Max VG (90/10) I would be curious to hear if there is a difference in wicking/flow.
    I have max vg/dw 6% in mine and wick is keeping up well. Going to wash and wick tomorrow trying KP's method, wanting to see how it does with a fruit vape. Wick after that I'll try a shorter wick for curiosity sake and see if it makes a difference.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I have a 3mm tri core alien 6/7 wraps .3Ω. Get a touch warm if chaining but not too bad. Surprised how well the wick is keeping up. It's almost empty so I will give it a rinse tonight and start fresh tomorrow with a new wick and juice, going to try and lower the coil just a smidge too.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    View attachment 756187 View attachment 756185

Tried with 6 wraps of 26g with abit more wide cotton tails, falvour is like it should be, but the vape is alot warmer due to the wide coil i guess
    Anyway thanks for the tip
    Wick looks good. If you have a taller dt it will cool the vapor. You'll find a sweet spot build don't worry. it's just a matter of trying different builds and wires. Have you tried tc?

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
    Canada
    Mysteron, the Ammit 25 has a lot more airflow than the Intake. It has about 50-60% of the airflow the Ammit has comparing both of them wide open. If you need/like the airiness of the Ammit, you will probably think the Intake is too tight. It is slightly restricted lung hit, but smooth and enough for me.

Edit: One reason the Ammit 25 has such open airflow is that the top exit is a true 810. The Intake actually has a 510 opening with a "fake" 810 drip tip
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ammit Dual? Ammit 25 has a hair over 5mm chimney, basically the same size as my wider 510 drip tip bores... even the 810 cap with that little hole in it looks a little ridiculous.

Actually ordered Intake hoping it will deliver about the same as my 25, just without all the weepy mess at the afc... not too keen on the press fit 510 though, if it's done the same as OBS I've had nothing but problems with them coming loose.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Are you sure you aren't thinking of Ammit Dual? Ammit 25 has a hair over 5mm chimney, basically the same size as my wider 510 drip tip bores... even the 810 cap with that little hole in it looks a little ridiculous.

Actually ordered Intake hoping it will deliver about the same as my 25, just without all the weepy mess at the afc... not too keen on the press fit 510 though, if it's done the same as OBS I've had nothing but problems with them coming loose.
    Which OBS? I have been using OBS productsfor over 2 years with no 510 issues.

joeblowma

Jun 1, 2017
    Canada
    Which OBS? I have been using OBS productsfor over 2 years with no 510 issues.
    Cirus 2 leaked any residue that gets under the deck from day 1 directly into the mods 510. Throwing it in a vice and finishing the press fit, adding some CA glue seems to be holding up but I don't trust it at all any more. Run into too many people with Engines (and even an Engine II more recently) that the positive pin/post just up and let go on to trust those either. So yeah my crius 2, engine and nano no longer have a good home unless you count sitting on the shelf gathering dust "a good home."

Hey bud. Your 25 is weepy? Mine was till I started using more rayon/cotton in the channels.
    They put a bunch of metal under the deck they really didn't have to reducing the space under the air holes, then made the afc so it has a seam facing straight down - so even a tiny bit of residue after a few days wicks between the deck and mod and makes the afc itself a mess at the seams (since afc has no orings). I find myself rewicking it every 3rd day because I'm OCD about that sort of mess, just so I can rinse the base under the tap and get the juice out of the afc. So, I've had plenty of opportunity to try all sorts of wicking (bacon v2, bacon prime, muji, rayon), I've settled on a 3.5mm coil packed with rayon, rabbit eared and top 1/4 cut off rest stuffed/cut to the step on the juice slot. So far though (since I got it in November or so) it's been my favorite RTA, aside from that.

Either way my favorite tip for flavor on ammit 25 was the merlin 510 one which lines up almost precisely with the chimney bore... I'm hoping they were comparing ammit dual and not ammit 25 earlier in the thread for airflow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread