Status
Not open for further replies.

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
Augvape sent me one of their new v200 mods to test and review - below are my initial thoughts, impressions and my experience with it after using it for a couple of weeks now...

The Augvape v200 mod

Initial impression

Opening the box, was treated with an eclectic, somewhat blocky visual - but solid and compact - interesting lines, given the automotive type theming (510 etching reminiscent of a wheel hub) and overall, similar to an engine casing/ manifold casing - good packaging and included micro usb cable were a plus

Form

Solid - nice heft and seems very sturdy in the hand. Component casing is nice, the adjustment wheel is solidly mounted (no play) and the hidden fire button and front display glass/ back decorative glass give the mod a nice counterpoint, visually - the glass is sleek

Hinged battery door on bottom seems to be well designed/ constructed - after a couple weeks of use thus far, zero issues with play/ wobble/ latching - no self ejecting batteries

Very hand friendly, comfortable to use - had some concerns about the 'engine casing' aesthetics and sharp edges but has been a complete non issue given the surface coating (and surface coating has held up fine)

Function/ Features/ Performance

Three modes - normal, V mode (think turbo?) and Bypass

Have primarily used in normal and v mode, as if I really want a 'bypass' experience, I will use a straight series box or an nlpwm - personal preference… both normal mode and v mode have performed very will with a nice kick/ boost on v mode - I tend to run larger coil builds in larger rtas/ rdas and the mod has had no issues keeping up - power delivery is smooth, consistent and quick - no noticeable delay

Personally, I really like the V mode function - currently running a Voltrove v2 30mm rdta on it with a dual core ss fused clapton build (4mm, 9 wraps) and ramp up is quick and smooth - excellent vape and power delivery

Final thoughts

Overall, for the price point, an excellent little dual battery daily driver - compact, convenient, consistent power delivery - would have preferred it to be 20700 battery capable instead of 18650, but again, personal preference

Well built, performs well - great little daily driver mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread