Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
43088120_1572945774380685_r.jpeg

We all know about the fires. If you feel saddened and helpless you can help with a small donation. Anything is appreciated and needed. And if you have some crafting skills you can make a pouch for orphaned baby kangaroos and koalas. I think you can get more information here:

https://www.citizen-times.com/story...garoos-koalas-orphaned-australian/2844038001/

The following are a list of some sites where you can donate:

Victorian Bushfire Appeal

Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery

Donate to the Disaster Appeal | The Salvation Army Australia

Vinnies Bushfire Appeal - NSW

Fundraising and sponsorship - NSW Rural Fire Service

Click here to support Help Thirsty Koalas Devastated by Recent Fires organized by Port Macquarie Koala Hospital

Donate - CFS Foundation

RFBAQ - Donate to a Specific Brigade

Click here to support Australia Bushfire Relief organized by Ellen DeGeneres

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
You're a gem @muth. Thank you.
Money is great of course but we need to come to terms with the root causes. Climate change of course but land clearing and over development in fragile areas is not talked about enough here anymore.
Our fragile ancient land can't handle the population pressures being applied.
Hard calls need to be made by real leaders. Not sure if that will hapoen
I agree about the leaders. But right now there are people and animals who need help. Any donations I send will go direct and not through Go Fund Me. There are Aussie members on ELR who started a thread. I'll post that as well for anyone who wants a detailed understanding of what's happening at the moment. There are also vape shows with reviewers, etc. happening with prizes to help the cause. Info at ELR thread which I'll post below.

• Love
Reactions: Possum64

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Here's the text about the DIY vape show that will be giving out prizes to support the bushfires:

This Monday 11Am - 7pm Sydney Time.
(7pm - 3am USA EST)

DIY Downunder YT Channel!!!

Thousands Of Dollars Of Prizes, Full Lines Of Concentrates, Hardware & lots more, special guests.

Every $5 Donated gets = 1 Ticket Entry For Prizes

You can donate at any of these funds

Victorian Bushfire Appeal

Red Cross Disaster Relief and Recovery

Donate to the Disaster Appeal | The Salvation Army Australia

Vinnies Bushfire Appeal - NSW

Fundraising and sponsorship - NSW Rural Fire Service

Supporting CFA - Donations, Sponsorship & Fundraising - Country Fire Authority

Click here to support Help Thirsty Koalas Devastated by Recent Fires organized by Port Macquarie Koala Hospital

Donate - CFS Foundation

RFBAQ - Donate to a Specific Brigade

Emergency Fund

Email Receipts, preferred name & your country of residence to: downunderbushfireappeal@gmail.com

Sponsors & Gift Donations Welcome.
Email Us at: downunderbushfireappeal@gmail.com

Live Stream Link:

Last edited:

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
This is So Fantastic @muth :wub:
All of these Foundations are of great help to everyone.
Your a Bloody Legend Mate:thumbs:
How are you doing, my friend? I have friends from the Melbourne area who just settled here but own property in Australia and have family there.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Thanks for all the links!

I asked to join the FB group. A woman in one of the groups mentioned it, but I couldn’t find it. The crafters are pretty hung ho to help, making stuff to donate, or to sell to donate the profits. Maybe I can enlist my local yarn store to get more people on board.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Thanks for all the links!

I asked to join the FB group. A woman in one of the groups mentioned it, but I couldn’t find it. The crafters are pretty hung ho to help, making stuff to donate, or to sell to donate the profits. Maybe I can enlist my local yarn store to get more people on board.
You're a love to consider it but fair warning.....they can't receive any more pouches right now. They've been inundated to the point where they can't handle the crates being flown from every corner of the globe! If they need more in the future look into the instructions on what materials to use. I read that yarn can not be easily sterilized and the animals claws get stuck in it. You would do better to find out for yourself, I'm not much of a crafter, just reading up on the articles. I do remember reading something about encouraging crafters to make koala teddies, etc. to raise money.:)

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
Thanks for showing your concern @muth. You are a gem:wub:
Honestly, unless people are burying their heads in the sand, how can you not be concerned? Australia is taking the hit but this is about all of us when all is said and done. We can't ignore the fact that our planet is changing at a rapid pace and we better wake up, get prepared, and start doing what we can to minimize the suffering. My eyes are wide open.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
@DeloresRose Hi Delores Rose:)....is this the FB group you were talking about? Up top there is a link to the Citizen Times article about the pouches. There is a link in that article leading to this. It's called Animal Rescue Craft Guild in case the FB link doesn't work when I try to copy it here. Fingers crossed.....

Animal Rescue Craft Guild

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
DIY Down Under.... $4065 raised 14 hours ago.

ETA: I've been so busy running around trying to get these posts up in other forums that I missed the show! Sorry for the confusion, I believe they ran out of prizes and it's over now. The show, anyway. The list of prizes was amazing. They may have reached $7000

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Possum64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread