The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Authentic Mini Protank 3 - a dud?

Discussion in 'Tanks, clearomizers and drop-in coils' started by Nick N, Jul 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Nick N

Nick N Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio
    I can't get this tank to stop popping and crackling!

Background:

Ordered 2 authentic Mini Protank 3 (MPT3) from FastTech. While I was waiting Wife had a problem with her plastic BCC, so I ordered an authentic MPT3 here in the States. Works perfect.

MPT3s arrived, one works great, the other violently pops and cracks. I used the coil that came with it, the new universal dual coils, and even rebuilt the older dual coil style with 28ga + cotton. It does the same thing on an ego, Spinner II, and Vamo v5.

Is it possible that something other than the coil is causing this? I did not have a chance to swap parts around yet, and I have been searching all morning.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

2. Katmar

Katmar Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, Pa
    Since your other 2 seem to work fine, I would say you got a dud on the third one. Popping and cracking happen from time to time and I have not found it to be a problem, just annoying.

3. Nick N

Nick N Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2014
    Columbus, Ohio
    Yeah, the more I search it seems there may be a vacuum problem. This thing crackles so bad it sometimes spits juice out of the tip. I may try to see if I can remove the seals and reseat them. Thanks for the reply.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.