Not open for further replies.

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I just began using my AVS yesterday.
I am not having great luck. It seems to work, but doesn't really perform. I tried 3.7 with a standard atty, V9 carto, 6v with a standard atty, HV atty, v9 carto, and i'm currently running 6v with a LR atomizer.

The first issue i have, is that I get poor vapor production. I don't know how to fix that.

the second issue i have, is that it tastes like metal. The vapor I mean. Not enjoyable in the least, and hardly even usable.

Am I doing something wrong?

I watched all the videos, and read up on all the threads... I'm still at a loss...

Thanks!
salt

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
I am new to this thing to but lucked in to better results, I think- I have had almost no problems so far using 6v and HV attys.

I did just try 3.7 and a standard atty today and got almost nothing, vapor or flavor, so I think I either need LR attys or I am doing something wrong at 3.7v.

Now that I have described my experience level, maybe I can help a bit- as long as you don't mind setting it up with an HV atty and 6 volts.

Set it up and fill with juice- make sure the cr (airflow adjustment) is closed while you fill. Pull the tank off after putting the mouthpiece back on to make sure the collection tank isn't full. (Thin juices run down quick.) Pour any ejuice out of the tank if there IS any.
Put the AVS back on and open the cr about a half turn. Do not press the switch but try and prime the atty by inhaling at the mouthpiece- you should hear a bit of gurgle.
If there is NO gurgle and the draw is HARD, open another half turn.
Once you have heard the gurgle, hit the switch and inhale while listening.

What I have found works best is if there is a pretty good gurgling sound when I begin to inhale and the gurgling stops about halfway through my inhale.
I adjust the cr until I achieve that.

It sometimes takes me a LOT of fiddling to get it adjusted for thinner juices- still trying to get that down.

Of course, I only started using mine a few days ago so I may well be doing it completely wrong and just lucked in to a few good days..

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
I think it might be flooded. But I have taken it apart, and set it back up, and every time, i still get little vapor. I don't think it is flooded everytime ???
But when It's not flooded, and i'm getting good vapor, it tastes burnt. so it seems i either have too much, or too little juice.

i have holes in the cartos. Rippspeed gave them to me yesterday!

Thanks for everyone's help! Can hardly wait to get this thing performing as it should!

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com

I understand the theory... It's the practice I'm trying to master...

The cartos that Rip send you have the right performance to his AVS Salt?

They worked great on Ripps' AVS. It was only working OK on mine though. Not great.

Cartos arent always the best way to go for the AVS, technically 901 atty is really the only recommended way to go.... Have you tried a 901 atty? It should work great....

-Tim

Yep...

I tried 3.7 with a standard atty, V9 carto, 6v with a standard atty, HV atty, v9 carto, and i'm currently running 6v with a LR atomizer.

First of ALL Imeo... Brotha you need to send him a Top Main Cap Oring because his Nickel Plated GGTS never came with it...

And Salt did you do the earse trick I told you about ??? And did you put some sort of oring in there for now ???

I've got something in there now. A grommet i chopped to size. It doesnt prevent spills if i tip it, but it helps with getting juice in my mouth. I will take a trip to the hardware store and grab a variety of O-rings... something good to have on hand anyhow.

I did not try the eraser trick.... I don't need to. I have tested everything before I fill up the AVS. I just leave it empty, and leave the top cap/mouthpiece of... then i stick a drip tip in in to make sure everything is a-ok before i fill it up. I was dripping with that same HV atty at 6V, and it hits great. I am about to try it again with the other carto you gave me. (the second of 2).

But did I read that the KR brand 808d-1 cartos work without Putting a hole in the side?

Thanks for everyones help. I'm sure I'll be in AVS heaven soon!

ALSO, ive been using PG juice. Im gonna try a 50/50 blend now...

UPDATE:
I am using a carto (V9) with a hole in it at 6v (2x cr123a). I prefilled the carto about 30 drops. I am using 555 14mg 50/50. Then I filled the tank about half way. i screwed on the top cap... and started vaping. first couple puffs taste great! then I had to set it down (I normally vape 24-36mg, but at 6v, even 14 seems too high!). Then next few puffs are kinda starting to taste like metal. Not sure if that's because 555 has a subtle flavor, and maybe some of the other stronger flavors help mask it, and so less people notice ??? anyway, vapor is still not very great (i think the only marginal improvement i see, is because of the VG, which I normally never use...) I'm taking 5-7 second drags to get good vapor, i normally take 5-7 second drags on my 510 style batteries. I'm not really impressed yet. Is that normal, and I just set my expectations too high? Or am I just missing something here ???

AND IT TASTES LIKE METAL!

Last edited:

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
I understand the theory... It's the practice I'm trying to master...

salt :
did you do it this way ????

lets start from fill up

1) fill
2) close CR completely and make its nice tight
3) make sure you know where the holes it compared to the button
4) Put on main cap; nice and tight
5) Main cap oring
6) Put middle cap to seat the oring; nice and tight
7) Put mouth piece ...
8) 1 dry pull
9) open cr all the way and vape...

ImYourSalt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2009
San Diego, CA
liberty-flights.com
im trying a 50/50 mix. CHINA 555.

previously, since I am missing the proper O-ring, the AVS wasnt properly sealing in between the Main and middle caps. Without a proper seal, I am drwaing air not just through the atty, but the AVS tank itself! I think that accounts for the poor vapor production.

I have shoved another o-ring in there (wrong size as well), but it seems to be doing the trick. Much better vapor.

Maybe I'll try adding some Flavor Arts or something to it to cover up the metal taste.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Is it better with clear AVS?
Or maybe mine tastes like metal because it is 2 of a kind? It is different than others. Who has the other one? Lets ask him!

Thanks!
(almost there!)

Rippspeed

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2010
A, A
Hey salt ... Go to Home Depot see if you can find Danco #67 orings ... I cant seem to find them in my HomeDepot ... If not I have extra orings here at home ... MWA is sending me some Danco #67 and I'll be replacing my factory oring from my AVS, I'll send them to you or I can drive down to you; and hand them to you when your 901 connector comes in ...

Or you can order some AFS orings from VaporKings thats what I was using in my AVS ...

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
if you prefill carto with 30 drops then you will drink all the juice of the world Salt!! Put only 4-5 drops and use my mouthpiece.

Vapor is not great of course because carto is overfilled

Can you please clean the AVS tank and the connector with soap buddy? Take apart the connector and clean it well, so no metal taste

If o-rings are missed then you cant vape with AVS buddy. If I forgot to put o-orings inside then you will never vape normal with AVS. You need 9/2,5 o-ring for the one between caps. Also please look if the mouthpiece has 10/1 o-ring on its threads. You also need the o-ring around the threads of the big cap of AVS (18/1,5)

The other man that has the other n ickel-plated GGTS-AVS is BuGG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread