AVS or UFS or ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
All are very capable. My preference is UFSv2 for a few reasons, thus the reason I"m accumulating a few, while I can still get them.

Primarily it's due to my preference for the iO6 atomizer, which I can make work in the UFS, not in Ody. Plus I like the size of UFS in short mode with window. Ody 510 with window is way to big for my tastes.

I"ll concur with some others that the better I get with it, the less the juice control matters. I use at least 60% VG. Given the tiny hole in the attys, and basically a vacuum, the cohesion of the juice considerably limits the ability of the juice to flow into the atty, making air control the key. The draw also becomes the feed. When you can tune that equilibrium, it just works..

-Z

(P.S. I recently closed out a WTB thread for UFSv2... offer always stands in-case it doesn't work out )

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
When I got my AFS i thought it couldn't be beat. I bought a AVS and found out I was wrong. I then thought the AFS couldn't be beat but I bought a UFS any way. I thought there is no way a UFS can be topped till I got my Ody. Now we have a Penelope coming. I don't see how it can beat an Ody but I have been wrong in the past. My opinion is that every GG product is a very good vaping device. When you are satisfied with what you already have it is an adjustment to learn the ways of a new product but in the end you are stepping up. :2c: :) :) :)

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
When I got my AFS i thought it couldn't be beat. I bought a AVS and found out I was wrong. I then thought the AFS couldn't be beat but I bought a UFS any way. I thought there is no way a UFS can be topped till I got my Ody. Now we have a Penelope coming. I don't see how it can beat an Ody but I have been wrong in the past. My opinion is that every GG product is a very good vaping device. When you are satisfied with what you already have it is an adjustment to learn the ways of a new product but in the end you are stepping up. :2c: :) :) :)
Sorry, but Ody in 510 mode can't touch UFS.

1 - The slots are to high, so there is no way to actually know when you are feeding it. you can count threads to know when the feed stars, but that seems silly.

2 - Due to the slot position there is no way to empty a tank. The heat from the atimozer impacts the sourounding liquid. I'd rather clear that liquid completely before refilling.

3 - It's to big in 510 mode with window.. see above + aesthetics.

4 - Atomizer options are limited due to the mouth piece design. Many of us like some other options. Ody makes it impossible.

Don't take this as anti ody.. I'm not. I simply don't believe it's yet the all in one solution. And It's not a compliant at Imeo.. He's awesome, but if I don't point out what I see as the problems (which i haven't until now) he doesn't know what to think about.

-Z

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.

1 - The slots are to high, so there is no way to actually know when you are feeding it. you can count threads to know when the feed stars, but that seems silly.

2 - Due to the slot position there is no way to empty a tank. The heat from the atimozer impacts the sourounding liquid. I'd rather clear that liquid completely before refilling.

4 - Atomizer options are limited due to the mouth piece design. Many of us like some other options. Ody makes it impossible.

Don't take this as anti ody.. I'm not. I simply don't believe it's yet the all in one solution. And It's not a compliant at Imeo.. He's awesome, but if I don't point out what I see as the problems (which i haven't until now) he doesn't know what to think about.

-Z

I got the Ody so I wouldn't have to buy atomizers anymore. I never put anything in my Ody except the coils I made myself. You may be right about the 510 in the Ody. I am just enjoying my Ody with my little sloppy home made coils the most right now. If I lose my sight or get where I can't make my own coils I will go back to my UFS. Until that time it is the Ody for me.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
1. you know when you feed the atomizer buddy. Its when you have a good taste, like you do in UFS:)
2. I dont understand why you cant empty the tank
3. UFS is much shorter, I agree. But that doesnt make Ody a non all in one solution. And you can still put a 510 atomizer inside the short Ody even without the liquid control. No other tank has a liquid control so comparing with all the others Ody is an all in one device and shorter than the others too if you see what I mean. But even if we cant have all options (like liquid control) and in a short mode too doesnt mean that we lose the all in one device
4. Thats true Zog. But having an atomizer liquid control via mouthpiece is the easiest way to control liquid if you agree. I can make a very short mouthpiece with the ability to take any drip tip and tall enough to be able to turn it but I dont see the reason for it. If you still think we have a reason then we can talk about this:)

-Z

Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
1. you know when you feed the atomizer buddy. Its when you have a good taste, like you do in UFS:)
3. UFS is much shorter, I agree. But that doesnt make Ody a non all in one solution. And you can still put a 510 atomizer inside the short Ody even without the liquid control. No other tank has a liquid control so comparing with all the others Ody is an all in one device and shorter than the others too if you see what I mean. But even if we cant have all options and in a short mode too doesnt mean that we lose the all in one device
4. Thats true Zog. But having an atomizer liquid control via mouthpiece is the easiest way to control liquid if you agree. I can make a very short mouthpiece with the ability to take any drip tip and tall enough to be able to turn it but I dont see the reason for it. If you still think we have a reason then we can talk about this:)

I'd like to see a mouthpiece designed to accept larget atomizers and cartos.

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
imeothanasis said:
3. UFS is much shorter, I agree. But that doesnt make Ody a non all in one solution. And you can still put a 510 atomizer inside the short Ody even without the liquid control. No other tank has a liquid control so comparing with all the others Ody is an all in one device and shorter than the others too if you see what I mean. But even if we cant have all options (like liquid control) and in a short mode too doesnt mean that we lose the all in one device

Imeo, thanks for the open discussion. Hopefully you know I love this stuff, and only want to help make it better.

imeothanasis said:
But in Ody I can't just open it. I have to open it some 8 turns before the mouth piece reaches the slot. With UFS I know that even with a slight turn, I've got feed..

imeothanasis said:
)
One of may daily vapes is completely clear. ( KBV Hummingbird nectar) During the multi hour process of vaping a tank of it, it darkens considerably. I suspect the proximity heat breaks down the fluid, particularly the nicotine. Due to this, I prefer to go as close to empty as possible, clean and reset.

imeothanasis said:
My atty of choice is an i06. Generally not compatible with anything, which I acknowledge. Wharf Rat is producing tubes which I can cut down to fit my UFS, giving me low maintenance performance beyond anything I've tried.

imeothanasis said:
I like the concept, just not the execution do to the slots being to high. And always willing to talk. And it's great to be able to discuss one on one with the designer.

Best,

Z

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I know that your intentions are good buddy, this is out of discussion of course:)

1. I dont agree and I will tell you why Zog. The slots are 0,5mm higher than the mouthpiece when its fully screwed. That way the liquid goes inside atomizer because 0,5mm length of threads are not capable to keep liquid out of the atomizer. Thats why I left only 0,5mm difference between a fully screwed mouthpiece and slots. I wanted to be able to feed with a very small amount of liquid the atomizer when you unscrew only a little the mouthpiece. There are atomizers that get overflooded vwery easy so I wanted to feed then very slow. And the way to feed them very slow is by letting liquid flow only via threads. I could make slots deeper to meet the closed mouthpiece but that was not my purpose

2. sending the very small amount of liquid inside its bottle again its not a very big issue but I agree that you cant vape the last 0,1 ml inside Ody

3. I06 can be vaped in UFS but it can be vaped inside Ody if someone makes the right extension. UFS was made for 510 atomizers and Ody is made for 510 atomizers too. Because someone made an extension for i06 still doesnt mean that Ody is not the all in one machine because someone didnt make an extension for the 510 atomizer inside Ody

4. we still have the ability for a new mouthpiece as I said before that will allow drip tips.:)

Zogem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta
imeothanasis said:
I know that your intentions are good buddy, this is out of discussion of course:)

Good. I don't want this to come off as a mindless rant. it's just general feedback,and then some.

imeothanasis said:
I1. I dont agree and I will tell you why Zog. The slots are 0,5mm higher than the mouthpiece when its fully screwed. That way the liquid goes inside atomizer because 0,5mm length of threads are not capable to keep liquid out of the atomizer. Thats why I left only 0,5mm difference between a fully screwed mouthpiece and slots. I wanted to be able to feed with a very small amount of liquid the atomizer when you unscrew only a little the mouthpiece. There are atomizers that get overflooded vwery easy so I wanted to feed then very slow. And the way to feed them very slow is by letting liquid flow only via threads. I could make slots deeper to meet the closed mouthpiece but that was not my purpose)
Even in UFS, with thick liquids, gravity simply isn't enough. It takes air control to get it flowing right, and a threaded feed is to constricted. Lower slots solves this.

imeothanasis said:
2. sending the very small amount of liquid inside its bottle again its not a very big issue but I agree that you cant vape the last 0,1 ml inside Ody

Granted. I can control the amout I put in. But the form factor does matter.. I'd rather not carry around 3cm or so of unused space.

imeothanasis said:
3. I06 can be vaped in UFS but it can be vaped inside Ody if someone makes the right extension. UFS was made for 510 atomizers and Ody is made for 510 atomizers too. Because someone made an extension for i06 still doesnt mean that Ody is not the all in one machine because someone didnt make an extension for the 510 atomizer inside Ody
Understood. The problem is I doubt anyone is willing to build something, as it works so well in UFSv2 with the warf tube.

imeothanasis said:
4. we still have the ability for a new mouthpiece as I said before that will allow drip tips.:)
Again, this is just a summary of the above.

As a consumer, my money is being spent trying to get used UFS's as I feel for my needs it's the superiors solution. I know I'm not alone here. There is room for both, as there is are some awesome devolopments being made.

I have 2 pending UFSv2 purchases both are on hold due to seller wanting to try UFSv2 with iO6 and a wharf tube ( I offered to by the tube + shipping) at cost should it not work. Not exactly the hard ... buyer I want to be, but someone finding that nirvana vape is worth it.

You have one of the key components in the Bliss stated in my sig. And yes, you have meet your sig - This vapor is satisfied. Others can join, they just need the ability to buy.

-Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread