awaiting my 1st hardware order (+ PCC questions)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Hello Halons! So after years of trying dozens of brands of e-liquids, I discovered Halo's Sub-Zero a few months ago and it became the ONLY juice I vape. Well, I hope to repeat the process with hardware. I noticed this week that Halo now makes Sub-Zero pre-filled cartomizers (this flavor was missing for a long time and I'd prefer not to fill blanks constantly) so...

I ordered a G6 starter kit, extra battery, case, and a ton of Sub-Zero cartos. Woohoo! I'm sure I will love it. I'm tired of my clearos and gigantic 18650 mods, and at one point I did buy a Smokeless Image Volt... but the juice flavors were NOWHERE near as good as Halo and I returned my order. Halo is #1.

Now a question... I was going to buy the G6 PCC but it's out of stock. Does Halo stuff tend to come back in stock pretty quick? Has it been out of stock for a long time?

And do I even NEED it? I'm getting a total of 3 78mm batteries and can charge daily. Thanks!

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello Halons! So after years of trying dozens of brands of e-liquids, I discovered Halo's Sub-Zero a few months ago and it became the ONLY juice I vape. Well, I hope to repeat the process with hardware. I noticed this week that Halo now makes Sub-Zero pre-filled cartomizers (this flavor was missing for a long time and I'd prefer not to fill blanks constantly) so...

I ordered a G6 starter kit, extra battery, case, and a ton of Sub-Zero cartos. Woohoo! I'm sure I will love it. I'm tired of my clearos and gigantic 18650 mods, and at one point I did buy a Smokeless Image Volt... but the juice flavors were NOWHERE near as good as Halo and I returned my order. Halo is #1.

Now a question... I was going to buy the G6 PCC but it's out of stock. Does Halo stuff tend to come back in stock pretty quick? Has it been out of stock for a long time?

And do I even NEED it? I'm getting a total of 3 78mm batteries and can charge daily. Thanks!

Welcome Machinestatic! I love Sub-Zero too. I was a menthol smoker, I really like the cool vapes not so much the "minty" vapes. Halo doesn't usually stay out of stock for long.

I own a Bloog brand pcc and I can tell you that it is more trouble than it's worth. It is easier to just charge the battery because you also have to charge the pcc. You can charge your batteries in the car, on a computer and any wall outlet. The only time a pcc would come in handy is if your out in the forest or something without access to electricity the pcc will be able to fully charge 1 1/2 batteries possibly 2 batteries at the most is all I ever got out of the old pcc. It's possible Halo's pcc since it is the newer model than mine might hold it's charge for longer. Just ask yourself if you'll ever be without electricity. If your a hiker, then it might be worth it to you. But they are cool looking and I love gadgets.

Have you tried Kringle's Curse yet? It tastes like a candy cane but real nice and cool too.

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
Just wanted to say HI Machinestatic!

I have never tried the G6 so I can't help you there but it's a Halo product so it has to be great.

Evieluv is correct.

Kringle's Curse is fantastic, I always have 30mls of it on hand.

I know you will enjoy your Halo G6 and if you have questions the wonderful Halons can help you with anything you need to know.

Really glad to have you here.

Cindy

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Welcome Machinestatic! I love Sub-Zero too. I was a menthol smoker, I really like the cool vapes not so much the "minty" vapes. Halo doesn't usually stay out of stock for long.

I own a Bloog brand pcc and I can tell you that it is more trouble than it's worth. It is easier to just charge the battery because you also have to charge the pcc. You can charge your batteries in the car, on a computer and any wall outlet. The only time a pcc would come in handy is if your out in the forest or something without access to electricity the pcc will be able to fully charge 1 1/2 batteries possibly 2 batteries at the most is all I ever got out of the old pcc. It's possible Halo's pcc since it is the newer model than mine might hold it's charge for longer. Just ask yourself if you'll ever be without electricity. If your a hiker, then it might be worth it to you. But they are cool looking and I love gadgets.

Have you tried Kringle's Curse yet? It tastes like a candy cane but real nice and cool too.

Very helpful answer, thanks! I am the farthest thing from a camper or a hiker. ;) I live in the city and work in an office, so I'm always near electricity, USB ports, etc. I'll probably buy the PCC anyway though, just in case.

And no, I haven't tried Kringle's Curse. Let's see... I've tried Sub-Zero (my favorite), Menthol Ice (my #2 favorite), Cool Mist, Tribeca, and Voodoo (didn't like it).

I'm the most curious about trying Midnight Apple and HX3 (menthol tobacco with... citrus?). I may get some 7ml bottles to try.

Evie Luv

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Very helpful answer, thanks! I am the farthest thing from a camper or a hiker. ;) I live in the city and work in an office, so I'm always near electricity, USB ports, etc. I'll probably buy the PCC anyway though, just in case.

And no, I haven't tried Kringle's Curse. Let's see... I've tried Sub-Zero (my favorite), Menthol Ice (my #2 favorite), Cool Mist, Tribeca, and Voodoo (didn't like it).

I'm the most curious about trying Midnight Apple and HX3 (menthol tobacco with... citrus?). I may get some 7ml bottles to try.

My favorite is #1 Sub-Zero + Kringle's Curse, #2 Menthol Ice, #3 Mystic to me cool mist is nice but I like the others better. Haven't tried Tribeca. And Voodoo some days I love it and some days I hate it.

Midnight apple is steeping because I didn't taste apple to start with and I want to give it a fair chance and others on here have said it needs to steep a little. HX3---I really hated it but I don't like any Tabacco flavors so you may like it.

And I understand buying the PCC, it's cool and makes a nice case with benefits. Mine holds two 78 batteries or one battery and 2 cartos without the condoms on them. Halo's maybe a little different.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA

Hello and welcome machinestatic! Good choice on the Halo G6! What color did you get? Can't help ya on the pcc, but I see Evie has already given some excellent info and advice! As you've already mentioned, Halo juice is the BEST! ( and forgive on the voodoo thing) psst...I'm a VooDoo nutjob! ;)..as is AngiBe!

DaveOno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2013
Dutchess County, New York
Machinestatic,

Welcom to the Halo Nation!!!!

Get a second USB adapter/charger. Just get it. For $7, You don't want your whole vaping world depending on one little adapter you can easily misplace. One for home, one for work!!!

And you got to try the mini tanks!!! On sale now for 3.20. In my opinion, it leaves cartos in the dust!!!!! Plus I think the mini and bottle juice is more economical. And the tanks hit as hard with a little juice as when they are full. Cartos fade.

I'm glad you found your flavor!! I found about 15!!!!!

We are Halon!

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA

I suspect you'll enjoy Kringle's.
HX3 is a strange strange one. I taste pineapple, tobacco, and mint. It's dark and obscure and odd and peculiarly compelling. My time with it hasn't been terribly long so far.
The tobaccos are going to be very different to the pure mint/menthols you've been enjoying, you know. You might enjoy them just to knock around your taste buds before returning to your comfortable favorites.

I have Triton and G6 gear. Love the mini tanks on both.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Thanks for the replies. I forgot how friendly and chatty some of the brand forums are on ECF. :D

Hello and welcome machinestatic! Good choice on the Halo G6! What color did you get?
Jet black

Get a second USB adapter/charger. Just get it. For $7, You don't want your whole vaping world depending on one little adapter you can easily misplace. One for home, one for work!!!

That’s good advice for anyone reading this. I actually already did include a 2nd USB charger in my order. ;) I always try to have backups.

And you got to try the mini tanks!!! On sale now for 3.20. In my opinion, it leaves cartos in the dust!!!!! Plus I think the mini and bottle juice is more economical. And the tanks hit as hard with a little juice as when they are full.

I am curious about those. Do they perform similarly to an Evod, Protank, iClear, blah blah? For years I just used 510 cartos, but switched to clearos for most of 2013… but I’m getting sick of replacement heads, removing wicks, etc. That’s why I got some pre-filled cartos. But it sounds like mini-tanks may be the best of both worlds, as they're cheap/disposable?

You could always look into the past thru for the g6 if your at a desk/computer most of your day.
Great idea. My Innokin stuff can work as passthroughs (MVP 2 and VV V3) but I got the G6 cuz I want to go smaller and trouble-free.

HX3 is a strange strange one. I taste pineapple, tobacco, and mint. It's dark and obscure and odd and peculiarly compelling.
That sounds extremely intriguing, and… weird. ;)

Last edited:

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
I am curious about those. Do they perform similarly to an Evod, Protank, iClear, blah blah? For years I just used 510 cartos, but switched to clearos for most of 2013… but I’m getting sick of replacement heads, removing wicks, etc. That’s why I got some pre-filled cartos. But it sounds like mini-tanks may be the best of both worlds, as they're cheap/disposable?

They're really fantastic.
Granted, I sometimes get juice on my lips and tongue, when I've had it tilted toward my lips and allowed it to get very very warm, but that's.. I kinda like it.

I use the mini tanks over and over and over. Clean and reuse, clean and reuse. Just like with a regular tank, juices that are dark, and get thick quickly, will not tolerate being topped off more than maybe once, unless you're doing a bit of your own chemistry and mixing light juices with a little dark.

Taste is better in a big tank, generally, but for Kringle's (the only pure mint I've tried), I actually find it better in the mini.

(HX3) That sounds extremely intriguing, and… weird. ;)

It is. Be interested in your reaction if you ever try it.
For those that like Malibu, it's as if they stripped out all the coconut and replaced it with tobacco, maybe even a Torque. It's so unusual.

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
I just ordered 3 mini-tanks and a 7ml (24mg) bottle of HX3. :evil:

I just ordered.. uh.. 6 minis, another big G6 automatic battery, another VV, a big bottle of Twisted.. omg you need to try Twisted Java (as a mint/menthol fan I bet you'd love it), and a big bottle of Tribeca (freebie). I forgot to get big tanks. I guess my 8 will have to suffice.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy the minis.
Nervous as hell you'll dislike the HX3, but.. you were warned about its peculiar, odd edges.

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
I just ordered.. uh.. 6 minis, another big G6 automatic battery, another VV, a big bottle of Twisted.. omg you need to try Twisted Java (as a mint/menthol fan I bet you'd love it), and a big bottle of Tribeca (freebie). I forgot to get big tanks. I guess my 8 will have to suffice.

Anyway. I hope you enjoy the minis.
Nervous as hell you'll dislike the HX3, but.. you were warned about its peculiar, odd edges.

Oh wow, I didn't realize Twisted Java had mint in it but I just read the description. Awesome. I'll have to order a bottle next week.

And don't be nervous. :p It's not like you invented HX3 and mixed it yourself, haha. If I don't like it it's no big deal, I've probably bought like a hundred juices I didn't like. That's why I only ordered 7ml!

Imprint

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Icy Tower, USA
Ok then, my mind is perfectly at ease ;)
You've been dredging the world of vaping longer than I have, so of course you approach a new flavor fearlessly.
Me, I like trying things I don't know if I'll like. I do it with food, vacation spots, books, drinks, art, ejuice, what have you. Never know when you might find that Thing that Makes Life Worth Living.

To my tongue, the mint in Twisted Java dominates. The coffee adds a background of strong black coffee to the flavor, so the whole thing combines into clouds of heaven. A few drops of Belgian is.. mmmm. Or a few drops of Tribeca.. or a few drops of Prime.. mmmMM.

Bravesfan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2013
Grand Island, NE, USA
When you get your mini tanks and have a chance to use them, I would be interested in what you think of them.

I just ordered a few of them to try as I have always used the Triton tanks only and decided with the sale going on now was a good time to give them a whirl.

I was always a menthol smoker and I love the Twisted Java.

And even though I am not into vaping tobacco flavors, I really love Southern Classic.

When I first tried it, wasn't sure I was gonna like it, but after half a tank, I was in love!

I always have Twisted Java, Southern Classic, Kringle's, Malibu, and Voodoo on hand at all times.

Truly understand that love, hate thing with Voodoo.

I think sometimes I am just not in the mood for it, and other times I can't get enough of it.

Sometimes I swear I taste a little Green Apple in there, but that may just be my screwed up tastebuds!

Anyway, welcome Machinestatic! It's a pleasure to have you with us!

Cindy

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN

Welcome!!!! Glad you found us, although u might not be after a while. ;)

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
Ok then, my mind is perfectly at ease ;)
You've been dredging the world of vaping longer than I have, so of course you approach a new flavor fearlessly.
Me, I like trying things I don't know if I'll like. I do it with food, vacation spots, books, drinks, art, ejuice, what have you. Never know when you might find that Thing that Makes Life Worth Living.

To my tongue, the mint in Twisted Java dominates. The coffee adds a background of strong black coffee to the flavor, so the whole thing combines into clouds of heaven. A few drops of Belgian is.. mmmm. Or a few drops of Tribeca.. or a few drops of Prime.. mmmMM.

Yeah, I've been on a long vaping journey that has turned into a loop. My first e-cig was a brand called SmokeTip, in early 2010. It was an 808 cig-a-like, but a pain in the ... three piece (battery, atomizer, cartridge with foam). Since then I've been buying bigger things, fancy tanks, drip tips, 18650 batteries, mods from China, syringes, blah blah blah.

But here it is, 2014, and I find I really just want a little battery again with cartos/tanks I can toss in the trash. For me personally, I still miss analog cigarettes psychologically. I feel like the further I get from American brand names that really care about their customers (like Halo, Volcano), the further I get from what I love about smoking... the tiny carefree nic stick you can whip out of your pocket, puff on hands-free, and toss around. Then again, I do understand that lots of vapers DON'T want to be reminded of cigarettes, and I respect that.

Anyway, I don't know what brought on that rant.

:wub: <3 Halo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread