Awesome idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
Can someone please Photoshop these two together and I would be totally chill with only part of the credit, I don't own Photoshop so I can't do it myself, I know how to though.
please this would be awesome
9640461_orig.jpg

Cigarette Smoking Man 2 (1).jpg

Cigarette_Smoking_Man_discusses_pouch_with_Walter_Skinner..jpg

$T2eC16Z,!)YFIbmIi37dBSSQoWjsC!~~60_1.jpg

Think about it: the world's most famous cigarette smoker decides to start vaping. What do you think?:laugh::vapor:

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
It is awesome, do you mind if I use it to promote things?
or maybe i will use it as my Avatar

I don't mind. I kinda like the image of cigarette-smoking man vaping, myself. :D If e-cigs had been around then, maybe they wouldn't have had to show him in the movie with that talk-box thing in his throat!

Andria

jdake3265

Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
Santa Ana
I don't mind. I kinda like the image of cigarette-smoking man vaping, myself. :D If e-cigs had been around then, maybe they wouldn't have had to show him in the movie with that talk-box thing in his throat!

Andria
hahahaha, I got the idea from the episode last night on only him, I am re-watching the series and i looked around and found that no one had done it yet, I personally think it is hilarious and right and wrong in so many levels. From now on he will be known as Vaping Man, instead of Cancer Man or Cigarette Smoking Man. hahahaha:p

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
how long did it take for you to do that?

About 10 minutes. :D

Andria

EDIT: I have to correct that... I checked the time-stamp on the two posts, between when I said I thought I could do a better one, till I posted it, and it's roughly 20 mins, so probably about 5-10mins to find a better mod/better driptip images, so it shows up better than the black one, 10 minutes to actually do the image stuff, and then 2-5mins-ish to upload it to my server, check it online, and get it posted.

EDIT: if you want to use it, go ahead and save the image to your computer; I'll delete it soon from the server so it doesn't get hotlinked -- I'm got unlimited BW but *still*... :D

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
hahahaha, I got the idea from the episode last night on only him, I am re-watching the series and i looked around and found that no one had done it yet, I personally think it is hilarious and right and wrong in so many levels. From now on he will be known as Vaping Man, instead of Cancer Man or Cigarette Smoking Man. hahahaha:p

Actually I have seen someone around here with a CS man vaping, but it's a cigalike, so it's just edited from an actual cigarette image to a blue "fire", not the melding of an actual PV into the photo.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
knowing cs man... he'd probably be best with a dripper mod or some 22mm mod... he's known for the vapor.

Very true... but given the images to work with, I have to go with what fits. I have to find images in roughly the same perspective as where I'm placing it in his hand. I worked a bit on that other image of him, and came up with this:

csmanvaping2.jpg

It doesn't work quite as well as the other, precisely because of the perspective problem -- the e-cig needs to be in the same "plane" as the cigarette, and this one is close, but not quite perfect, even with foreshortening.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I like the most recent one the best! I don't know photoshop, but this last picture seems the most realistic. The only thing I would tweak with is maybe lighten the ego and rotate it more towards the mouth to make it seem more natural a position for him. I need to learn to photoshop though!

That's what I mean about the "plane" -- the angle of whatever you put into the pic has to exactly match the angle of whatever you're covering, and it needs to be oriented in space exactly as the image you're replacing, in order to look realistic, hence the foreshortening -- if you look at the original photo, notice the direction of the cigarette in his hand. The one thing that could make this one more realistic is if there was vapor coming out of his mouth, but finding a transparent image that would look realistic would take quite some time, and I'm not sure it could be found -- it would have to be a 24-bit transparency, in order to look realistically like a part of the picture, and just being able to *see* something that looks like smoke, against a transparent background, might be next to impossible.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread