Awful taste from clearo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Just the initial fill up...probably 10 hits. I dont know, guess i"ll keep trying and maybe clean it.

How many tanks of juice have you run through it, Bc?
They need a "break in" period before they start to really do their thing.
Many people say they don't really come to life until around the second fill-up.
I found that to be a little pessimistic. With the juice I use, they usually start rocking after about 10 good hits.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Got a new Ce4+ clearomizer with some new juice and it tastes awful. :pKind of like plastic I think.
I put some of the same juice in my smoktech tank and it tastes fine so it's not the juice.
Anyone else have a problem with funny tasting clearomizers?

Did you do a quick Dry Burn Before you filled it the First Time?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nope...can you explain what that is, or is to late?

A "Dry Burn is when you take an Clean Empty Fillerless Carto or an Atty without it's Cart and push the power button until the Atomizer Coil turns Red. This burns off anything that is on the Wick / Coil similar to the way a Self Cleaning Oven works.

Sometimes a New Wick in a CE2, CE3, Atty, etc has what some people call "Primmer Fluid" on it.

Primer Fluid is sorta an Urban Myth. What it usually is is some Unwanted Fluid left over from the Manufacturing Process like Machinery Oil or Seal Lubricant . Dry Burning ensures that the Wick/Coil is Clean.

It is also a step that can Revive a Filler Less Carto when the Wick/Coil gets "gunked Up" from normal use.

Try doing a ECF for "Dry Burn" for more info on the How to do it and the Potentail Risks of Doing it.

Bc1010

Jun 9, 2012
Syracuse, NY
Yeah that maybe what it taste like,oil. I'll give the dry burn a try, thanks.

A "Dry Burn is when you take an Clean Empty Fillerless Carto or an Atty without it's Cart and push the power button until the Atomizer Coil turns Red. This burns off anything that is on the Wick / Coil similar to the way a Self Cleaning Oven works.

Sometimes a New Wick in a CE2, CE3, Atty, etc has what some people call "Primmer Fluid" on it.

Primer Fluid is sorta an Urban Myth. What it usually is is some Unwanted Fluid left over from the Manufacturing Process like Machinery Oil or Seal Lubricant . Dry Burning ensures that the Wick/Coil is Clean.

It is also a step that can Revive a Filler Less Carto when the Wick/Coil gets "gunked Up" from normal use.

Try doing a ECF for "Dry Burn" for more info on the How to do it and the Potentail Risks of Doing it.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    This is it:
    Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer - Black/Smoke V2 -From Discount vapors. It's 2.4-2.8 ohms. Should be ok for my kgo right?

That's fine for your Kgo battery.
    The wire used for making the coil has a slight film of machine oil on it from extruding the wire. You will only taste it for about the first tank full if you don't dry burn it before using it. After the clearo has had juice in it the dry burn would be useless.
    Being as there were no less than 4 revisions to the V1 CE4+, and now there is a V2 rebuildable CE4+, we just about need to see which CE4+ you have.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    ... After the clearo has had juice in it the dry burn would be useless. ...

I dunno if I would agree with that.

Haven't you ever Revived a Filler Less Carto thru Dry Burning that has been filled before?

A have about 8 CE2's drying out after being Rinsed in Hot Water that I am going to Dry Burn today. All of them have been filled about 8 or 10 times before. Some have been Dry Burned More than Once.

-----

A note on Dry Burning Before the First Fill.

When I start a New Filler Less Carto, before I fill it, I remove any seals and then give the Power Button a quick 3 Second push. If no Smoke comes off the Coil/Wick, the Cart is Good to Go and I fill it.

But if I get a Tendril of Smoke coming off the Coil/Wick, the Carto gets a Hot Water Rinse and is Set Aside to Dry. Once Dry, I repeat the Dry Burn. No Smoke and it gets filled.

Many people say you should just Grit Your Teeth and vape thru the Bad Taste of a New Carto. I have to smirk at the thought of People vaping Machinery Oil for the first Fill when doing a quick Dry Burn and or Hot Water Rinse BEFORE filling would have removed any Contaminants.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    For getting rid of the machine oil taste.

As far as cleaning a clearo, then yes dry burning still has it's place.

I've had good Luck doing it.

Not say'n that it can work in All situations but I have had Cartos that would have been Thrown Out if I hadn’t Known or Done a Dry Burn to them.

The Best thing in my Opinion is to Start with a Clean Carto. Hence doing a Quick Dry Burn Before the First Fill.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    For getting rid of the machine oil taste.

As far as cleaning a clearo, then yes dry burning still has it's place.

BTW - The Bad Taste that the OP refered to may have Nothing to do with the Wick/Coil.

I seem to recall that some people mentioned Funk Tastse with the Early Visions. It could be the Plastic of the Tank and or the Seal Materil.

I have also found that some Black Plastics/Rubber used for Mouth Pieces or Drip Tips taste like an Old Tire to Me.

As you mentioned, without knowning the Rev of the CE4, it's hard to tell what is going on.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread