• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

AZ Vapors Must Read

Status
Not open for further replies.

bushmasterar15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
Arizona
I just seen this posted on FB and thought I should also post it here for all to see. What can we do to stop this.

[h=6]For all the Phoenix Vapors there is a bill in progress that has already passed through the senate and is moving onto the House, the bill is SB 1280 and the info can be found here http://www.azleg.gov/DocumentsForBill.asp?Bill_Number=SB1280 For any of those that want to help you can contact me at jason@vapeteam.com we need to get on top of this before it goes any further. Originally this bill was to ban the sale to Minors and was revised to ban all sales of tobacco products unless sold by a licensed tobacco retailer and ecigs have been classified as a tobacco product.[/h]Documents For Bill
www.azleg.gov

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Interesting, I hadn't heard anything from CAASA on this that there was concern, nor Bill Godshall (I checked his posts). If this was serious, why isn't there a call to action on the CAASA page?

CASAA.org

Have you contacted them?

As far as I know, this still only covers sales to minors. That is a good thing. How it lumps e-cigs in as tobacco products for mail order/internet sales is confusing though...
Format Document

Best thing is to get clarification from CAASA and if needed, get them to lead the charge. Keep us informed here and on the FaceBook group?

davelog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Phoenix
www.davelog.com
I don't believe this is a direct threat to e-cig internet sales, but it is further regulation of tobacco in the form of taxing and licensing which will eventually spill over into our turf.

If I read this correctly, their 'tobacco products' definition specifically excludes cigars and pipe tobaccos. I guess we know what they smoke in the capitol!

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread