Baby beast tfv8 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
Hi!
I bought a new tank for my vape. However, each hit was kind of harsh and the tank was flooding when I took some test hits. Went to remove the coil and it was so tight I had to use pliers just to unscrew it.
I put it back, correctly I think, just tight enough to not turn further but able to actually be removed.
Now, each hit spits and its quite strong and flooding. It's a .4 ohm coil on a brand new g priv 2 mod. The mod itself works fine with my friends tanks.
Any suggestions?

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi!
I bought a new tank for my vape. However, each hit was kind of harsh and the tank was flooding when I took some test hits. Went to remove the coil and it was so tight I had to use pliers just to unscrew it.
I put it back, correctly I think, just tight enough to not turn further but able to actually be removed.
Now, each hit spits and its quite strong and flooding. It's a .4 ohm coil on a brand new g priv 2 mod. The mod itself works fine with my friends tanks.
Any suggestions?
Hi and welcome,
If you bought the tank from a vape shop...return to the shop and have them explain how it works.
What reasons did you have for choosing that tank?
Is it authentic or a copy? Are the coil heads authentic?
Did you prime the coil before use?
Could you have damaged the coil with your tool?
What wattage are you using?
Do you have a back up device to prevent you from smoking?

Cheers
I

Reactions: Tonee N

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
Hi and welcome,
If you bought the tank from a vape shop...return to the shop and have them explain how it works.
What reasons did you have for choosing that tank?
Is it authentic or a copy? Are the coil heads authentic?
Did you prime the coil before use?
Could you have damaged the coil with your tool?
What wattage are you using?
Do you have a back up device to prevent you from smoking?

Cheers
I
Oh, this is my second vape, just an issue I've never encountered before. I ordered the tank online and its supposedly a clone free zone.
I chose the tank because it's the only kind I've ever used and am comfortable using it. I vape at 60W but the issue occurs at 50W and 70W as well. I primed the coil, and then did so a second time after putting it back in the tank. There are no visible signs of damage but what I assume is the wicking on this particular coil does look already damaged, or maybe just uneven somehow. All other coils look fine and I will try another that didn't come in the tank already, it's mostly about being afraid of losing out on a coil, as I've got no backups to avoid falling back on cigarettes and run on a tight budget. My first vape was damaged due to an issue with the threading on the mod.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Sounds like a bad or flooded coil. Over tightening the coil is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates. I'd bite the dust and replace it with another after priming and break in.

"Flooding" is a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. The definition of flooding is getting juice into the air passage of the tank. This can include any point between the mouth piece and the very bottom part that connects to the battery. Each tank has holes in that air passage, where the wicks passthrough. This is required for the device to work properly. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibility for flooding. The trick with flooding, is knowing how to avoid it. A few common causes for flooding a tank include: improper filling, over filling, pulling too hard when hitting the device, and the temperature can even play a role and/or damage.

"Dry" or "burnt" hits are also a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. This happens when an inadequate quantity of e-liquid reaches the coil. This can occur from using an e-liquid which is too thick for a tank, intake holes for the e-liquid being inadequate, or using a bad wick or coil. Doing "primer puffs", which is taking a puff or two without power on, may eliminate this phenomenon.

Flooding:
Improper Filling: When filling your tank, you have to be careful not to get juice into the center tube of the tank. This center tube is the air passage. When you take a draw, air comes from the bottom of the tank, through the air passage and into your mouth. If you get juice into this passage way, your tank is flooded.

Over Filling: If you over fill a tank (specifically a top coil like the ones that come with the starter kits and gift boxes), the wicks can become over saturated and just like a rain cloud, they will leak into the air passage. Once this happens, you have a flooded tank.

Pulling Too Hard: As I mentioned the wicks absorb the juice in the tank. As you pull on the device, you cause a vacuum effect that pulls juice into the wicks. If you pull too hard, you can pull in more juice then the coil can vaporize. If this happens, the juice leaks into the air passage and you have a flooded tank. Try a gentler draw.

Temperature: E-Juice is a viscous liquid. Which means that as it warms up, it will thin out. And in the opposite form, it will thicken when it gets cold. When it thins, it is more difficult for the wicks to hold back the thin juice. This usually causes the wicks to over saturate and, you guessed it, it will leak into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Damage: There are o-rings and gaskets used that can wear out with usage. If certain ones fail or get lost, leaking will occur, in turn flooding the air passage and causing you to have a flooded tank. Other than accidentally losing something, damage can occur when its carried in a purse or a pocket or by over tightening the tank to the battery. Over tightening is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates.

The following video tutorial is for a different tank, but the principles shown are applicable for any tank:

Last edited:

JamesG4079

Jul 24, 2018
Sounds like a bad or flooded coil. Over tightening the coil is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates. I'd bite the dust and replace it with another after priming and break in.

"Flooding" is a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. The definition of flooding is getting juice into the air passage of the tank. This can include any point between the mouth piece and the very bottom part that connects to the battery. Each tank has holes in that air passage, where the wicks passthrough. This is required for the device to work properly. Unfortunately, this opens up the possibility for flooding. The trick with flooding, is knowing how to avoid it. A few common causes for flooding a tank include: improper filling, over filling, pulling too hard when hitting the device, and the temperature can even play a role and/or damage.

"Dry" or "burnt" hits are also a common occurrence in e-cigarettes. This happens when an inadequate quantity of e-liquid reaches the coil. This can occur from using an e-liquid which is too thick for a tank, intake holes for the e-liquid being inadequate, or using a bad wick or coil. Doing "primer puffs", which is taking a puff or two without power on, may eliminate this phenomenon.

Flooding:
Improper Filling: When filling your tank, you have to be careful not to get juice into the center tube of the tank. This center tube is the air passage. When you take a draw, air comes from the bottom of the tank, through the air passage and into your mouth. If you get juice into this passage way, your tank is flooded.

Over Filling: If you over fill a tank (specifically a top coil like the ones that come with the starter kits and gift boxes), the wicks can become over saturated and just like a rain cloud, they will leak into the air passage. Once this happens, you have a flooded tank.

Pulling Too Hard: As I mentioned the wicks absorb the juice in the tank. As you pull on the device, you cause a vacuum effect that pulls juice into the wicks. If you pull too hard, you can pull in more juice then the coil can vaporize. If this happens, the juice leaks into the air passage and you have a flooded tank. Try a gentler draw.

Temperature: E-Juice is a viscous liquid. Which means that as it warms up, it will thin out. And in the opposite form, it will thicken when it gets cold. When it thins, it is more difficult for the wicks to hold back the thin juice. This usually causes the wicks to over saturate and, you guessed it, it will leak into the air passage and you have a flooded tank.

Damage: There are o-rings and gaskets used that can wear out with usage. If certain ones fail or get lost, leaking will occur, in turn flooding the air passage and causing you to have a flooded tank. Other than accidentally losing something, damage can occur when its carried in a purse or a pocket or by over tightening the tank to the battery. Over tightening is a very common cause of leaking due to the damage it creates.

The following video tutorial is for a different tank, but the principles shown are applicable for any tank:

Thank you for your reply as well. Honestly, with both of your replies I decided I'd go ahead and try a new coil. The new one hits smooth, though a little burnt because I got a little anxious and hit it a little early. Thank you for your guidance and advice! Is it common for coils pre installed in a new tank to come too tight and thus damaged?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is it common for coils pre installed in a new tank to come too tight and thus damaged?
That's difficult to say. I always imagine a poor factory worker in a China factory spending his entire day assembling new tanks. The chances that he/she puts a coil in too tightly is probably high.

When I receive a new tank, I generally will disassemble it, inspect it and all of its individual parts, and rinse away any possible impuritities from the factory under running water. I will allow the tank pieces to air dry.

I prime a new coil separately outside of the tank, being patient and doing it right. I'll then assemble the tank with the new coil, and fill up the tank leaving a small air space at the top. I'll "break in" the coil by first using a low wattage setting (perhaps 20 watts with the coil you're using) and over the next hour increase the wattage in 5 watt increments up to my favored wattage setting. Again, patience.

Last edited:
I agree with everything Baditude said, but I'll add this in case the problem continues:
I had a brand new Smok tank with leaking issues and inspected it several times and several coils then found a small chip on the bottom of the glass. It was a brand new pre assembled tank so I did not expect that. Seems with that chip the neutral air pressure inside the tank was allowing it to leak.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread