Back again, need to get new gear! $50 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coersum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Beaver Dam WI
After being on analogs, then on ecig then back analogs 3 times now I am back to wanting to go ecigs once again (just been a year). Things have changed like crazy as always but my situation has changed too and that changes my needs.

I know I ask for a lot but looking for something:

* High capacity: one refill a day minimum so tank or bottle fed (2.5ml+) like VIVI VISION V2.5 or Revolution v2 or Kanger T2
* Not too expensive: the budget is $50 max not including liquid, I know it's not much but this is what I can work with.
* Low maintenance: easy to refill, change head or bottle.
* Robust (can have in pocket and not break) I know this one isn't easy and so optional.

Possible choices so far:
* Regular 510 battery (I have 1 650mah left + charger from my old Riva 510) + VIVI v2.5 or Kanger T2 (1.8 to 2.2 heads)
* Gripper + VIVI/Kanger (heard just like the revo v2, it doesn't last long).
* Revolution v2 + VIVI/Kanger (doesn't last).
* Reo Grand, seems awesome just close to 3 times my budget.

Can you think of other options ?

PS: I also have an old 808 passthrough with a 510 adapter (not an ego threaded one, just 510 inside thread but 808 to ego thread is just a few dollars).

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
honestly with a 50 buck limit i can recommend several options but will they work and last is the question! since you have tried and wasnt successful at switching a few times, it might be worth it to wait a little longer and save up for something more durable and worthy(hate to say it but its true)

what i recommend to almost everyone that wants to quit but isnt looking to drop serious cash on stuff is the inferno kit from volcano ecigs, gives you 2 ego replica batteries one is 650 mah the other is 900 and are pass-thru style batteries as well. the kit also come with a 1.5ohm dual coil tank and 5 replacement cartos, and a 15ml bottle of juice all for $80 bucks.

yes its more then $50 dollars but it gives you everything you need plus a spare battery, which is great incase of accidental death to a battery and for most 650 mah will last the better part of the day and the 900 mah all day. unless you sit at the computer all day then you can plug it in and vape and always have it charged for when you are out and about.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
If you only have one charger and it croaks then you are up the creek without a paddle, even if you have two batteries. If you find yourself facing a couple of hours without nicotine you will probably run to the next gas station for cigarettes. Then you are back to zero. When I say have back-ups, I mean it. Have back-ups on a system level if you are serious about vaping as an alternative to smoking.

*deleon517*

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
s. florida
If you only have one charger and it croaks then you are up the creek without a paddle, even if you have two batteries. If you find yourself facing a couple of hours without nicotine you will probably run to the next gas station for cigarettes. Then you are back to zero. When I say have back-ups, I mean it. Have back-ups on a system level if you are serious about vaping as an alternative to smoking.

people laugh when i tell them i have back ups to back ups but at least i know i wont have to worry, should i ever have a rough patch in terms of gear failure, money or both. being a vaper is like being a boy scout you should always be prepared.

phxemt

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2012
Pennsylvania

OMG yzer! I can't believe I overlooked this. I have 3 batteries, a 4th on the way, and only ONE charger. I have tons of juice and various cartos, clearos, attys and tanks but only ONE charger. You make a very, very good point. I've already ran into situations when 2 batteries run dead at the same time. I will add a second charger to my collection ASAP because you are so very right- if my charger takes a crap, I'd eventually be up the creek because I'd have to order another one online and wait for shipping. Thanks!

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
OMG yzer! I can't believe I overlooked this. I have 3 batteries, a 4th on the way, and only ONE charger. I have tons of juice and various cartos, clearos, attys and tanks but only ONE charger. You make a very, very good point. I've already ran into situations when 2 batteries run dead at the same time. I will add a second charger to my collection ASAP because you are so very right- if my charger takes a crap, I'd eventually be up the creek because I'd have to order another one online and wait for shipping. Thanks!

LOL! I noticed that too about myself! I have all these batteries for backup but I never noticed I only had one charger.
Looks like i'm going shopping now XD:glare:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
You can find Provari Minis for about $160 here.

OP said budget is $50.

(There ARE times when suggesting a Provari really isn't appropriate, unless you are just bent on completely ignoring the stated needs of the other member)

OP, if Reo is out of your budget and you want a bottom feeder specifially, you might consider a VmodXL. Takes a 18650 battery which gets me thru the entire day no problem. $50-80 in the classies sometimes. They just had a 2 for 1 sale, and sometimes have a 50% or 30% off sale. Go to the site and sign up for the newsletter.

Other than that, look at suggestions others are making on tube mods......I don't have one so I can't help there.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest

Speaking of backups, when we move to mods and such, people forget about just having a nice stash of DISPOSABLES. This is critical during winter storm months. I'm sure you've seen the people with no electricity.......here we sometimes have been out up to 10 days after an ice storm. Keep in mind that CHARGERS don't even work w/power outages, So it won't matter how many you have.

PLEASE get yourself a few disposables. I recommend SmokeStik. They have vendor presence here on ECF. I have tested almost all the disposables, and I'm hard to please, these are the best. They come in high nic and lower nic....18mg down to 0mg.

They also have a neat little Emergency Charger, it will charge Smokestik batteries or any USB device using 2 AA batteries. :) It even has a little flashlight. I am about to write a review on this thing........ it's nice to have.

Coersum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Beaver Dam WI
WOW! thanks for the all the replies! The waping world changes so much, I do agree with most advices (except for those that recommend a $160 mod when I have less than a 1/3rd to spend... but thx anyways).

One thing I should have mentioned is that I wape mostly at home so if my batt was to go dead, I could hold on with the passthrough (with adapter) or make a quick diy like I did back then with my 808 (pill bottle + 808 connector + odl switch + usb wire).

Right now I just need something quick to get me through a couple of weeks, I do intend on getting backups in 2 or 3 weeks from now when I decide what to do for the long term. I think right now ordering some eliquid + Kanger T2 or VIVI 3.5 or E2 Apollo 6ml/10ml will keep me sane enough to decide what to get for the long term and let me test a few tank systems.

Thank you all for your recommendations, I won't dismiss them, I'll reread about 100 times before I get my 2nd order out. Right now looking for a website close to WI (for quick shipping) with Kanger T2's and/or VIVI's 3.5 and looking for a new eliquid site as I don't know if I want to go with my old one.

Fiy for tanks, my needs were:
* around 2.5ml or higher capacity
* Interchangeable head coils + easy access (removal from top instead of bottom)
* Easy filling (from top again, not bottom).
Something where all I need to do is remove the top cap and/or mouthpiece, unscrew coil and replace, refill and scew cap back on... I have 2 kids that keeps me busy, I don't want to play with needles like before :)

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
how much do you spend on smokes? Im betting more than 50$ a week so if you do it right you can get going for right around 200$ and then just get juice and cartos attys or what ever your consumable of choice might be. But to be completely honest you are setting your self up to fail if you think you and get something reliable to get your self off of smokes for 50$

Coersum

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2010
Beaver Dam WI
how much do you spend on smokes? Im betting more than 50$ a week so if you do it right you can get going for right around 200$ and then just get juice and cartos attys or what ever your consumable of choice might be. But to be completely honest you are setting your self up to fail if you think you and get something reliable to get your self off of smokes for 50$

Actually smoking analogs was about $15 per month (buying 2 months at a time bulk and including shipping for $32 I think made 2 and half carton), getting tobacco + tubes and rolling my own with $35 electric machine, could make 2 packs in 8 minutes lol... not gonna say where because I don't want to tempt anyone...

Few of my reasons are health and my 2 daughters. I need to stop poisoning myself so I can be there for them. However, money is tight, so I do what I need to make it work with what I have. If that means making my own passthrough/mods like I did in the past then so be it. I was going toward the Kanger T2 before because the cost per month (head coils) is lower but this site makes it possible to use Vision. Of course there will be the increased price for battery, new tanks, charger etc as I go and I understand that. I also plan on making my own coils as I saw this is not a problem for me and will lower the "waping monthly cost" :D

PS: I tried patches before and did ok, but this time, am currently an at home dad with a 1 and 2 yrs old and am going to go crazy if I can't walk to my waping zone and take a few hit :)

PS: "this site" aka a website I found cheap (official) Vision Vivi Nova v2.5 3.5ml tanks and head coils), see my post about it in this forum.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
But to be completely honest you are setting your self up to fail if you think you and get something reliable to get your self off of smokes for 50$

You have a good point Buzz, but you do realize there are umpteen people right on ECF who quit with Blu's and Mini's and what-not. My hat is off to them, but i read stuff like that all the time here.

Myself: 2 ego twists, a box of cartos, some juice from the same vendor, is how I started. I can look at my purchase order cuz I kept it as a memento. :) It may even be frame-able.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread