Status
Not open for further replies.

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Not new to the forum or to vaping but it's been awhile since I've been around on a regular basis. I've been using e-cigs off and on for a couple of years now and decided it was finally time to get serious. My wife has been diagnosed with early stages of COPD and went completely cold turkey from everything about 3 months ago. As a result, I started smoking outside only but the smell was still on me and my clothes. The wife and kid were on me about it constantly.

So last Friday I got out all my old vaping stuff and decided to give it another go. Today marks one week without an analog for me. I'm working to find my sweet spot again but I've avoided the temptation for an analog thus far. I decided this morning that it was also time to get back to the greatest support group in the world: ECF! Because of my wife's illness and overall better health for all of us, I'm really serious about making things work this time and NEVER going back to analogs!

Testify my brothers and sisters! :2cool:

Wizzlefits

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2013
Ohio
www.rdc3.com
I'm in the same boat as your wife.
The first thing I did after the doctor visit, was to get rid of all the smoking paraphernalia. Then started working on getting rid of the smell. Once my sense of smell came back, the smell of analogs only reinforced my commitment to quit.
Not to mention, I reeeealy enjoy the ability to taste food! LOL!
Anyway!
Congrats on dropping the analogs!!!! :toast:
Happy vaping!!!!

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Congrats on your week!
Thanks! :)

What set up are you using?

I've been going back and forth between several different things.

I've got:
3.7V battery box mod
5V battery box mod
A Bombshell mod from HotVapes.Com that can be run on either 3.7V or 6V depending on the batteries.

Several different juices.

Nothing has seemed to hit quite right this time around though.

Then the weirdest thing has happened here in the last 24 hours..... Last night I was out and my battery died on my Bombshell. I didn't have a backup with me. I needed to get gas anyway so I stopped at the local quickie mart and while I was getting gas, I grabbed a FIN disposable e-cig. It was stupid expensive for a disposable and had a wicked hard draw on it but it got me through until I could get home. It was tobacco flavored and really wasn't too bad. Probably one of the better tobaccos I've tasted.

Today my wife was in Wal-Mart. She found the FIN rechargeable kit for $15 and grabbed it for me on a lark. The batteries were precharged so I tried it out on the way home. I gotta say, for a small battery and prefilled cartos, this thing is on the money! Probably one of the best vapes I've had in quite awhile. Much easier draw than the disposable and a really good amount of vapor.

If I get a couple more of these kits, I could see this thing becoming my regular vape. The only drawback is their cartos are crazy expensive on their website. I may have to try it out with some of my own and see how it works. But for now, I'm puffing happily with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread