Back at it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
So I've quit smoking about three times now, and I'm attempting again. PV's are great, but nothing can replace my love for analogs. I know once I get into the habit of using my vape, I'm good to go, as long as I NEVER smoke again. It's just hard not to, since my mind tricks me into doing it when I'm drunk, I live in a house full of smokers (who smoke inside), and I can grab a cigarette from someone at any time I want. But I must try harder I guess. 2-3 cigs a day does not work for me, It's all about cold turkey. And I'm lucky to have this device that will keep feeding me nicotine. But anyway...

When I first got my blu I quit. The failed.

When I got my V2, I quit, failed, and quit again.

Now I've ordered some 24mg (as opposed to my usual 18) and Hopefully this will do the trick. I'm running out of options, but I'm dedicated to stop coughing my lungs up for the first few hours of the morning.

three hour's in, and going strong!

Garrell6888

ECF Veteran
I'm using the 510 atty. It's tempting sometimes because the V2 can be difficult to use every once in a while. So I either have to take it apart, clean it, reassemble and all that...or I can light up a smoke from the variety of packs laying around the house. And yes, It's bad to quit when you're around as much smoke as I am, but I live here so I can't always avoid it. Plus all my friend's smoke too.

Jogging is one thing that helps me. I CANNOT jog while being a smoker, and when I wake up and get that craving, I go for a run and I feel great afterwards. I'm gonna start doing that again.

Island Refugee

ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
Hawaii and Michigan
I have several mods which I rotate between. Right now it's a BB w/801, and a Tornado w/510, and different flavors. Maybe invest in another mod and try more flavors to find what satisfies you. I still have a couple analogs in the morning with coffee, but after vaping all day, the analogs taste pretty nasty. Just keep at it!

blueberry1946

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Massachusetts
I've had struggles back and forth too. In my case its if there is a life stressor that happens; the first thing I want is an analog. I try to post an imaginary "Think oxygen tank" flashing poster in my brain, but the draw for the analog just walks past anything. The bully!

I was using pg liquid at 11 mg. I was thinking maybe I need some higher nic available for "those moments". I had a bottle of 5 mg vg that I finally opened and tried. I'm actually doing better on the lower nic level. Doubtful it has anything to do with the switch to vg.

Good luck to you. Keep at it!

Trixie

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2009
US
My method from the beginning was to smoke and vape, and see where it took me. Putting pressure on myself to "quit smoking" has only led to heartache and failure in the past, so I started vaping with the intent to see where it took me - just hoping to reduce my smoking. Over a two-month period I found myself vaping more, smoking less, finding the right combination of models and nicotine strength for me along the way.
Low and behold, just over two months after getting my first e-cig I passed up my first cig of the day, didn't have a desire for my afternoon cigarette, and just haven't wanted one since August 3rd (2009).
I think we each need to take the journey that works for us, not some arbitrary "must stop smoking immediately" one that worked for someone else. Smoking has been a road of different length for each of us, so allow yourself your own personal timetable, and quit beating yourself up for being "weak."
Consider the move away from cigarettes to be a goal, not a race, and take the route which gets YOU there, without feeling like a failure along the way. Some give up cigarettes immediately, others take a bit more time - we fortunate ones all end up in the same place, so relax and find your own best way through.

tarheeldan

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
Dover, NH
Best wishes for success this time around! I'm a noob and all, but do think it's a good idea that you're increasing the nic - I'm on 24mg and going to get a little 36mg in the hopes that it'll mean less vaping...and a closer link in nicotine delivery to a cigarette instead of vaping all the time. That might help you in your situation to really train your mind that vape = cigarette (for you). Also second jogging...and any physical activity that reminds you of the benefits of not being a smoker, as well as releasing endorphins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread