Back to vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiMe_1

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
CA
Back in 2010 I came here for info about starting my vaping journey. I ordered an eGo kit and vaped for a lil while in search of quitting analogs. It didn't really work and I put the stuff away and continued to smoke analogs for a while longer. Talked to my doc about quitting smoking and got on chantix. It worked and I quit smoking.... For around a year. I ended pickin it back up socially while out with friends recently. It's not a lot of analogs but I'm not liking it since I'm wanting it more and more even tho I refrain.

So now I'm back here. I dug out all my ecig stuff and started lookin at all the new stuff out there like tanks that intrigued me. I HATED dealing with carts and the filler/filling them and I was getting discouraged about that. I ended up ordering a mini vivi nova tank to try and I have to say its awesome! I now feel the satisfaction from my ecig that I couldn't get with it when I first started. I just ordered some new juice from vapor bomb since what I have is old and low on nic level so I'm having to chain vape to get the satisfaction I crave. I'm hoping with the new juice I can take 7-8 drags and set it down for a lil bit.

I can see the end in sight with analogs again and I like it. I wanna be a vaper and try to turn my friends into the same!

The only thing I crave is more vapor! I currently use a regular eGo with the nova tank with a 1.8 ohm atty in it and 80/20 juice. It's giving off a good amount but it seems I have to work a lil for it. Is it time for a Mod? I've been lookin at the eGo twist but don't mind spending a lil more on something nicer.

Any tips from you pros? I like the size of what I'm using now so I want something just as portable.

Thanks!:vapor:

TiMe_1

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
CA
The higher the vg, the more vapor and the less flavor. I vape a high amount of vg and order extra flavor for my ejuices.

And, welcome back!

I'm already at 80% VG. I'm thinking maybe a VV mod would help with more vapor? Thanks!

Welcome back. For a few $ more than a twist you can get a Vamo which would be a better start in VV mods.

Thanks! Ill take a look at the vamo. I'm assuming that it will accept the vivi nova tanks?

TiMe_1

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I'm right there with ya. I bought a kit back around 2010 and liked it but it was just way too much aggravation. Now, there are more options than you can imagine. Welcome back.

Back when I started with my ecig I think they were just coming out with cartos lol. I hated the carts with the fiber filling crap. It was a big turn off for me! The tanks out nowadays seem to be the way to go.

Mikebuzz

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Daphne, AL, USA
Back when I started with my ecig I think they were just coming out with cartos lol. I hated the carts with the fiber filling crap. It was a big turn off for me! The tanks out nowadays seem to be the way to go.

I'm telling you, its like stepping forward in time 20 years. I had the same exact frustrations that you had back then. Now, I can fill my tank, leave home with a full battery and not worry about a thing. My biggest problem now is deciding which will be the flavor of the day.

TiMe_1

Verified Member
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I'm telling you, its like stepping forward in time 20 years. I had the same exact frustrations that you had back then. Now, I can fill my tank, leave home with a full battery and not worry about a thing. My biggest problem now is deciding which will be the flavor of the day.

Haha that's what it seems like!

That vamo mentioned in the other post looks real nice. I could go for a long time on something like that with a big tank on top!

Mikebuzz

Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Daphne, AL, USA
Right now, I'm using an Evic Mod with a tank I bought at IbTanked with a smoke tech 2ohm dual coil cart in it. I love this setup. Today I ordered the Provari Mini to have something else to play around with. Everyone here has stuff they just love and recommend. Since I started using a tank and a mod battery, I've been very satisfied.

cignomo33

Mar 12, 2013
Sunland, CA, USA
everyone else covered it all but I was going to tell you to try Mt Baker Vapor. The prices are really good and you can customize your juice the way you would like it. I believe if you order more than 15 dollars worth they send a 15ml bottle for free of one of their choices. Honestly I have liked their choices better than my own. I love their cinnamon bun. Its my go to. Happy Vaping!!!

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
when I was on O'ahu in 2011, I heard a Volcano commercial on the radio, went to a physical store, learned a lot and walked out with a Magma kit! since then, I've gone back and forth between vaping and "analogs" or a mix of the two. at the point now where I am done with cigarettes. done! :)

I've stuck with my Magma, and Infernos.. started with carts, then cartos/clearos, dripping, tanks/tankomizers.. now I am in love with bottom-coils. Sapphires for a while and now Vision Nanos are my favorite. I've done DIY and tried a few vendors.. a 70/30 mix is just right for me- I'm not after TH as much as I am flavor and vapor. the smaller clearos are only a pain with refilling more often, but hold up longer and stronger than the giantomizers and others I've tried in the past- and the bottom coil gives me what I was lacking with top coils, not to mention lack of hassle! still diggin my tanks, too- perfect for social situations. (I'm in Maine, not too many vapers up here, as far as I can tell)

also been thinking about switching to something with a more robust battery.. currently looking into the BOLT from gotvapes.com- I haven't messed around with variable voltages, and not sure if it's necessary for me, which is where the BOLT comes in.

I have learned over the past two years that you need to mess around, try new batteries, equipment, juices, etc, etc to find what works right for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread