Backup Gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laylel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Victoria, BC, CA
I have chip mech, 5 ml juice in my locker at work. Always keep in my purse 2 cases of batteries in protections boxes (18350*2, 18500*2) and small rebuild kit (few chip screwdriver, wire, few cotton balls). So, if i forget my main mod i can pick it all together in 5 min. Before i got into RBA's i did keep protank at work. I also have new carto in my rebuild kit, in case things going complete bad.

And if i'm stuck without my vaping gear, i just dream about when i can get to it.

lasttango

What would Freud say?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Wilmington, DE / Ithaca, NY
www.last.fm

Shootist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2014
Decatur, GA, USA
I go home and get my stuff.

Actually I have never done that. When I go to leave my home to do anything I always take my cell phone, my heater, pocket knife, a larger VV battery device, Kayfun filled up, smaller VV battery device, Mini Protank 3 filled up and 2 Halo G6 batteries with full cartos attached. I also take a small case that has extra juice for the Halo cartos.

Janusxvii

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Arizona
I go home and get my stuff.

Actually I have never done that. When I go to leave my home to do anything I always take my cell phone, my heater, pocket knife, a larger VV battery device, Kayfun filled up, smaller VV battery device, Mini Protank 3 filled up and 2 Halo G6 batteries with full cartos attached. I also take a small case that has extra juice for the Halo cartos.

Damn... you mean business.

To OP, I don't know if you can/would leave vape gear at your work but I know I keep a 650mAh ego battery, charger, ce4 clearo, and a 7mL bottle of juice at my desk. If I were to forget my gear when I go anywhere other than work I would probably grab an njoy king from a gas station. These are options of last resort so personally I'm fine with them being a rather lousy vape. Being in one of the hottest parts of the country I wouldn't even consider leaving a battery or juice in the car.

Lurch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2014
Central Florida
I have left my back up EVOD Twist in the car for short periods of time, but like Janusxvii, I live in too hot a climate to do it everyday. I do have a usb plug in my van and keep a charging cord in there in case I need to charge my EVOD, but I don't have any idea how long a charge would last if I just let it in there for emergencies.

I have only been vaping for a few months, but I have reached the point where I don't leave home without it!

AntC

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2014
United States
Another vote for keepin a cheapy at work. Alot of deals out there, generic EVOD blister kit(battery, tank, and charger) for 10 bucks you cant go wrong. I think its either Hoosier Vapes or SmilinVapes that has it for 10 bucks. I go overboard when I leave the house, I'm trying to get it down to just the essentials, but the "what ifs" always get the better of me. I do alot of outdoors stuff, so I've gotten it down to just my MVP with a miniPT2(drilled out and rebuilt coils) and my VV also with a mini PT2. These are the easiest for me to use out and on the go. I never forget a vape though, I wouldn't make it out of the driveway, I'm already vapin before I hit the road lol.

Blackboar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Upper Marlboro, MD
My backup is my first vaporizer set up. It's a 900 mah ego twist with an empty, rebuilt mini Vivi nova. I keep whatever bottle juice I have lying around that's too low to fill my KFL+ or RSST with. It's in my truck, along with a car charger.

I make sure to vape it once a month to make sure it's working properly. Clean and replace the head, charge the battery, and it's good to go again for a backup unit.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Carrying vaping gear is habitual for me, just like packing a wallet, keys and a cell phone. The Sigelei Zmax telescopic V5 is super-reliable so I feel no need to have a back-up device on me during the day. I can go home for a back-up device. The XL IBTanked carto tank holds 5 ml of juice. I top off in the morning and am good to go for almost two days without refilling. I pack two freshly charged 18500s in a plastic case for my other jeans pocket.

My two back-up devices are all Sigelei Zmax telescopics.

Traveling more than day away from home I pack a back-up Sigelei, cartos, batteries, charger and the two carto tools in the car, boat or carry-on bag.

Porkchop081

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Laurinburg,NC
My backup for work is a Clearette cig-a-like. usually have one or two around for work as i have found that now that summer is here, i have been having trouble with my tanks getting hot and leaking. not the best vape in the world but is good enough to keep me off the cigs. and beeing able to keep something on me that im not worried about breaking (i work outside or in a fab shop all day) has been nice. pull it out my pocket, couple puffs and continue on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread