Backwoods Brew Strawberry, Peach

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
Finally getting around to my formal review of these two. They're both at 12mg, and both vaped on my eGo passthrough battery, regular atty and dripped and on a cart (more on that later).

I took a sniff and expected one of these:
images

Uh-oh. Not promising at all.

WRONG, missy! I took my first vape and got this instead:
strawberries.jpg

Seriously. Pure, perfect, fresh. On exhale, I can literally taste the deep but green earthiness that you wouldn't even think to describe until it's passing your palate. Absolutely delicious, dicacetyl and 2,3pentanedione-free, and could not be any better.

Next the peach - well, this about sums this one up:
peach.jpg

Also absolutely perfect. No possible improvement to be made here. None.

I tried both on a cart but found that they both hit and taste better to me dripped on my eGo. And while the th on both is a little on the shy side, I like it that way - it's somehow just all flavor, less like you're trying to "smoke" something.

Flavor: 5/5
TH: 3.5/5 - but that's not a bad thing
Vapor: 5/5 - and everyone who walks into my house when I'm vaping one of these says, to a person, "OMG, what smells so good? Are you making cookies or something??"
Diacetyl & 2,3 pentanedione free: Yes, according to Don & that these flavors are unlikely candidates for those flavorants

I couldn't recommend these any higher - they are absolutely perfect, with the strawberry being the most utterly surprising and delicious thing that I've vaped yet.

Last edited:

phorbin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2010
Gamehendge
you're right, i broke down and loaded up some fresh carts with a few of Don's creations...the peach is absolutely perfect as you said. I already love the RY4. The RY4 seems to have a much stronger tobacco flavor and less caramel than other RY4s i've tried. IMO that is a good thing. So far, I'm sad to say that I"m not pleased with the strawberry though. The taste is certainly a fresh strawberry straight from the field, but unlike any of the other BWB juices I've tried i'm getting almost no vapor off it. Tried changing attys too, no luck.

EDIT: switched attys again to one that was pretty well broken in but reasonably clean and i'm getting decent vapor now. The 1st atty was brand new and with other juice still isn't producing so i think i may have gotten a bad one...the 2nd one i used is old, well as old as any of my attys can be anyway.

Anyway, with that problem resolved I'm now a big strawberry fan too :)

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
you're right, i broke down and loaded up some fresh carts with a few of Don's creations...the peach is absolutely perfect as you said. I already love the RY4. The RY4 seems to have a much stronger tobacco flavor and less caramel than other RY4s i've tried. IMO that is a good thing. So far, I'm sad to say that I"m not pleased with the strawberry though. The taste is certainly a fresh strawberry straight from the field, but unlike any of the other BWB juices I've tried i'm getting almost no vapor off it. Tried changing attys too, no luck.

Well, that's weird. I'm literally blowing big fat vapor rings with it right now. Curious. :(

I'm with you on the RY4, btw - I don't even like RY4 and I like Don's. I also like the fact that it's so clean looking. For some reason the others my husband vaped always looked really murky.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I got some 24mg peach in the mail the other day. It tasted like a real peach for about 4 drags and then the flavor changed. I can't describe what it changed to. It was great until the change. I am going to let it steep and see what happens. As for the throat hit, mine kicked like Chuck Norris, to the point that it actually burned like a shot of tequila going down.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Well, that's weird. I'm literally blowing big fat vapor rings with it right now. Curious. :(

I'm with you on the RY4, btw - I don't even like RY4 and I like Don's. I also like the fact that it's so clean looking. For some reason the others my husband vaped always looked really murky.

Just put my order in. Thanks for the referral and review. :D

wv

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Bones, I find the flavor to be best at about the 2nd or 3rd drag to about the 6th out of about the 6 good drags I get from these two so I've actually started dripping 2 drops every 4th hit or so.

I use a carto so I dont have to drip, I get about 50 solid drags off my carto before I add more. I wish it was as simple as needing more juice. After the flavor changed, I gave the carto to my wife and she used it for the next few hours and enjoyed it.

Stoked!

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2010
Philly Burbs
Great reviews!!! Thanks!! Love the peach and am saving up for the strawberry. I have BWB peach in 12 mg and I think the TH is at least a 4/5 IMO. For a fruit flavor this TH is a 4.5 of all I've tried only every having one other fruit with a stronger TH...and I've been trying fruits for 9 months straight.

Thanks for the thorough reviews!! Love the really detailed ones!!!

Edit: I love adding a drop of this to 1.5mls of HFN along with 1 drop of BWB vanilla...its in my 3 all day vapes since the day I first mixed it. The peach is strong when mixed so watch out to not kill any juice by adding too much peach to start.

Last edited:

shanagan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
Texas
I use a carto so I dont have to drip, I get about 50 solid drags off my carto before I add more. I wish it was as simple as needing more juice. After the flavor changed, I gave the carto to my wife and she used it for the next few hours and enjoyed it.

LOL, well at least there's a short term solution in there for you both!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread