• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Bad 901 atty FTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
So a few days ago I get a couple of new attys and pulled one out and started using it as I killed my last one with a home brew mod I was trying out. I had almost forgotten how much I loved fresh 901's when I started puffing on this thing. The cloud of vapor was great, the throat hit was perfect, I was in heaven. Then yesterday when I get home from work I throw the atty on my passthrough and after a couple of pulls it seemed like my passthrough had died on me. After reading about others having their passthroughs die relatively quickly I chalk it up to that and throw the atty on one of my charged batteries and get one vape on that and it dies on me rather spectaularly I might add as smoke came puffing out of the led end. I thought that was odd and switched to another batt and then the same thing happens. Both batts were old so I thought it was odd but didnt really think it was the atty untill I tried the third batt and the same thing happened, one drag and plume of smoke from the LED. It would seem that the atty got messed up somehow and shorts out my batteries. I havent talked to my supplier yet as I wanna see him in person to explain it. My passthrough works with my other atty now and I am so glad I have that 510 as a back up. Just thought Id share my pain with you all.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I bought 2 green 901 attys and 2 green batts..I lost one bat and then another..I ordered 2 more when I finally figured out one of the attys was killing batts! But the problem was I didn't know which one! Of course I found out the hard way. My remaining batt and atty lasted 2 1/2 months without a hitch! But now I can't find green..ratz! I liked having it for my menthols.

13ways

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Orlando, FL
Just got an email back and he is going to replace the atty for me. I told him not to worry about the batteries because they were my own fault and are rather old anyway. I now just have to wait for Wednesday when I see him at work to get it. I know this is my second time mentioning the site tonight but Bill at Clean Safe Smoke Electronic Cigarettes is really great. Top notch customer service and great products. Now if he could only get some liquid for sale. Wait it is after midnight so that means its my first time mentioning the site today.

VA Slim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2009
Boynton Bch., FL USA
WOW 13....just killed an atty today w/ my 1st DIY liquid...that's how I happened upon this thread about your atty. Never had your situation of atty shorting out a batt....to my knowledge anyway. But, thanks for the info....it will be helpful in learning about our fickle 901's. Don't know if my new juice killed it or if its time was up. (2 wks. old and it was green)

MARYKAY.....ecigsupply has green 901's, if you haven't found them by now w/ a decent price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread