Bad caughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akbar

Mar 8, 2019
So been vaping on and off for years, just recently. Started caughing pretty hard for long periods of time.

It depends on the pod I am using to my knowledge. I have an Orion from lost vape. When I was using the . 25 coil I was not caughing. But when I switched to . 5 I caught a lot. I changed the settings using escribe to lower the strength.

Haven't really ever had a problem like this, but the mod was really expensive so I'm not going to replace it. Has anyone else. Had problems like this? If so, what did you do about it?

Reactions: Opinionated

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Could be any number of things, and possibly not even related to the device. As with any medical issue, see a doctor, we’re all just bored ex-smokers over here. Listen to us long enough and you’ll wind up taking a selfie with a fish on your head. (It’s an old internet meme about trolling 411 scammers)

Assuming it is the device though it could be as simple as a bad coil.

There is more data needed though: what juice/strength/base ratio would be a start.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So been vaping on and off for years, just recently. Started caughing pretty hard for long periods of time.

It depends on the pod I am using to my knowledge. I have an Orion from Lost Vape. When I was using the . 25 coil I was not caughing. But when I switched to . 5 I caught a lot. I changed the settings using escribe to lower the strength.

Haven't really ever had a problem like this, but the mod was really expensive so I'm not going to replace it. Has anyone else. Had problems like this? If so, what did you do about it?

Are you dual using? (ie both smoking cigarettes and vaping) If so, the cigarettes can make vaping seem harsher for some people, as it leaves your throat and lungs more raw, I guess you could say.

Also, if you have only recently made a full switch to vaping, it can take time for your lungs and throat to heal from smoking, and vaping can make some people cough for the first two weeks or so after switching..

All you can do in either instance is to keep the power low enough and the vape cool enough that it is less irritating until your body adjusts to the switch.

When I first switched to vaping I coughed a lot of gunk out of my lungs from smoking.. I mean a lot. This doesnt happen with every vaper, but it does with some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread