Bad experience??

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeybear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Southeast Wisconsin
I was finally able to try an RSST and a Nimbus. I've been gee king to get a chance and/or to buy or try these and finally make the jump from Protanks. Well, I was able to try one of each today and I didn't like either! The vapor was too hot and harsh, even though the flavor was spot on and others said they were perfect. Has anyone else experienced this?? I enjoy the Protanks, like the flavors I get, and get decently large clouds.

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
If the Protanks are enjoyable and working for you, why be bothered with looking for something else?

Some folks are content with what they have, others crave more. It's nothing to be ashamed about or feeling like a failure over.

I like warm vapor, and so I stick with my T2s, iclears and the Phoenix rebuildable atomizer. I read that genesis style atomizers are a cooler vape unless one gets a reducer for the top cap. I'm interested in the Fogger V2, kayfun Lite, etc... but I try to read a lot, research to measure the vape quality... and never hesistate to ask on the forum how the vape is (warm/cold).

If those 2 weren't right for you, it might just be the coil resistance of the build, which can be adjusted when you build it yourself. An RSST and Nimbus are only as good as the build. Try out a cheap rda like the Mini-RDA or Phoenix v4 -- less than $10 and build yourself a 2 ohm coil and see how it goes.

Vwls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
AZ
Protank definitely gives a cooler, if more muted, vape. I'm sure there are ways to build and wick your RBAs for a cooler result, but if you are making the switch simply because you want greater vapor production, then consider just rebuilding your Protank. Rip Trippers rebuilt a Protank mini with a micro coil and cotton, and put it on a DNA20 mod at about 18 watts - it produced massive clouds.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Were you trying someone else setup?

To hot - Subjective - is Very Low resistance to Fresh Battery with possible weak wicking.
The Nemesis had little to do with this. It simply holds the battery and switches power on/off.

You may actually love this combination, IF set up to your vaping preference. I was hot on the idea of the RSST. A nice simple to set Rebuildable. Yea, the center spring loaded connection hates me.(But that is another story)
First build - Nice 500 mesh wick and 1.4ohm coil
Decent but far from impressive. After finishing the tank/cleaning and putting to the side for a month, I decided to make a change and give it another try.

Same wick - Same coil -Same Mod/battery - however, I threaded a 2mm silica wick into the 500 mesh. I had also opened the air hole a bit.
OMG Totally different results. Flavor increase and 2x vapor output.

Guess that is why they are rebuildable. You have to find what you like........then just duplicate as needed.

OlDogNewTricks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Venice, FL
I love my RSST, works great. If the vapor was hot, I would suggest a higher resistance coil. As for wicking, I use cotton. Just got a roll of Peaches and Creme from Walmart but strands from cotton balls works fine too. Make sure it is 100% cotton though - acrylic = cough and yuck! I know, I know, ....., didn't read. I shoot for 1 ohm coils when I wrap them with 20 gauge kanthal a-1. It's 4-5 wraps. Second on enlarging the air hole. 3mm is a bit large, but very cool and nice flavor. Good luck and have fun!

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I agree, rebuildables are very subjective and personalized for individual taste and results.

the way my drippers are set up almost killed the guy at work, he took a tiny draw and said I dont feel anything, and let out a little vapor so he took this massive draw, and nearly choked to death, lol then said he doesnt understand how I set it up to be so smooth when his is very hot with a lot of throat hit.

I could very easily hand someone my mech/geni and they will tell me how awful and burned it tastes, then have them tilt it just right and get a completely different result.
same goes for the micro coil thing, I cant stand the TH off them others think it's awesome so really without the time to build something to your preferences it's hard to get a good idea just quickly trying someone elses build. (and who knows if its not set up wrong in the first place and they are just fooling themselves into believing thats how it's supposed to be, something I have run into as well)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread