Bad Flavor change when upgrading to VV, is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGaulding

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Virginia, USA
I haven't been vaping long but I thought when you upgrade to a APV with VV the taste is suppose to get better. I started with a Tornado Tank (eGo T) from Totally Wicked which I love but, I wanted something with VV so I got the eGo C Twist with a CE4. Well I loaded the CE4 with my favorite juice, tried it on every setting, 3.2-4.8 & it's not good at all. It's almost a perfume/chemical taste. I can't even tell what kind of juice it is & the stronger I crank it the more burnt it tastes. Is this normal or do I have something wrong? I even tried another brand new CE4 with a different juice flavor. Someone mentioned something about a silica wick tasting different.. Can someone, anyone please explain this to me?? I don't want my new investment to be a waste of $.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I haven't been vaping long but I thought when you upgrade to a APV with VV the taste is suppose to get better. I started with a Tornado Tank (eGo T) from Totally Wicked which I love but, I wanted something with VV so I got the eGo C Twist with a CE4. Well I loaded the CE4 with my favorite juice, tried it on every setting, 3.2-4.8 & it's not good at all. It's almost a perfume/chemical taste. I can't even tell what kind of juice it is & the stronger I crank it the more burnt it tastes. Is this normal or do I have something wrong? I even tried another brand new CE4 with a different juice flavor. Someone mentioned something about a silica wick tasting different.. Can someone, anyone please explain this to me?? I don't want my new investment to be a waste of $.

It's all in the wattage. Find out what the ohms were of the atomizer used in the Tornado - either SR (standard resistance) 2.2-2.3 ohms or LR (low resistance) @1.5-1.7ohms. The voltage from the eGo-t is regulated at @3.4 volts. So, you need a clearomizer coil that corresponds to what you were using and set the Twist around 3.4 volts to get the same wattage.... And... the same taste. You could use the tanks from the Tornado on the Twist also...

And one other thing... IF you cranked the Twist up too high and burned/charred the wicking on the CE4, then you'll have to clean that up first - throw the coil unit in some high proof vodka or hot water, let dry, etc. since if you don't, you'll still be tasting that burnt stuff.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Once you get a build up on a wick from burning your juice it's hard to get rid of it. Firstly What ohm CE. That is important. Twists are not built for resistance less than 2 ohms. Matching ohms and resistance is important. The wattage generally used for that kind of system would be between 5-9 watts generally speaking. Here is a chart to do that work for you and spread sheet that will do even more. P2seQ.jpg View attachment ecig calculators.xlsx
The tab you want in that spread sheet is the Single coil calculator. The rest of the stuff is DIY, Dual coil and RBA calculator stuff.
CE's unless it's a repairable are hard to clean. If possible try a new 2.ohm or higher and start on the lowest voltage. Also remember CE's are top feed give it a bit of time to get saturated. Tip at an angle for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread