Bad online Vape Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just have to bring to everyone’s attention that I have had the most miserable customer service experience of my life! I made an order from Direct Vapor and received different coils from what I had ordered; I had also purchased (and correctly received) an eLeaf Istick. When contacting their CS department I was told to take a picture of the incorrect coils and my invoice and email to their CS department and after everything was “verified” I would receive an RMA and after they then received the RMA back with the incorrect coils they would ship the correctly ordered ones. OK. Seemed like a lot of work for a box of coils, but I agreed and emailed the photo. That was yesterday and since then there have been multiple rounds of emails saying they can’t open my photo because it is too large and to send in proper a proper JPEG format. I cropped and resent the photo (and it is in JPEG format), but I have sent photos to friends, family, business offices and even Amazon without incident from same computer and never had an incident. After again being told they could not open my latest email, I got frustrated and told them I thought I was getting the run-around, which I believe I am. I have ordered from many different online suppliers (I always shop the sales) and always, when an error takes place, I’ve been told to give away or toss the incorrect item with the correct item being sent out immediately. Not so with Direct Vapor. Maybe this was just a flick, but you might want to use your discretion and caution when dealing with this supplier.

Boy isn’t that the truth. Finally got it sent for return on !my! Dime. Almost wasn’t worth the aggregation. Is there somewhere in EC where lists of good and bad (sounds like a battle for a soul!,lol) are maintained? I am, in fact, getting ready to post questions about cherryvape.com...I see a few discussions about the company but they d a t e back to 2014 and I can’t find anything current.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Let me add my little contribution. About a month ago I had ordered an authentic Kfun V5 from Direct Vapor, a costly atty but well worth it. I don't normally pay that much for an atty and was really looking forward to it. I'd paid for expedited shipping. It arrived, not in a box but in one of those thin plastic priority mailers (more of a plastic mailing bag really) And I could hear broken glass rattling around in the package, and sure enough, the glass was shattered, there were even splinters of glass embedded in the air intake. (Granted I'll never understand why Svoe-Mesto puts their products in thin cardboard boxes, I mean really thin....they charge an arm and a leg for their products....a hard box would seem common sense). So I was told on the phone to take a picture of the damage. I replied I didn't have a working camera phone at the moment and no real way to email a pic, couldn't I just return the item for replacement? They were nicely insistent that they could do nothing unless I forwarded a pic. I also pointed out politely that the packaging was inadequate in the first place. So I was forced to take the box into work, find a co-worker who would snap the picture and send the email for me. Maybe I can understand their policy but it was a hassle.....especially since it was their fault their mailing the atty was so poorly packaged in the first place. After that, they rapidly sent me a replacement Kfun and a prepaid sticker so I could mail the damaged goods back to them. Now....Here's the Kicker......the replacement Kfun was ALSO sent to me in the same thin priority mailer!!!! I thought my heart would stop when I saw that, but thankfully the glass was intact this time. Once was bad enough....a Second broken Kfun and I would have burst a vessel!! I couldn't believe it, this wasn't a pack of coils! So a strongly worded email was sent off to customer service suggesting they have a little talk with the warehouse folk about their careless shipping, someone seems to be lacking a little common sense there. I never heard anything back. And that's the end of my dealings with Direct Vapor.

Last edited:

Bundy1971

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2015
Cleveland, OH
Not going to bore you with details, but I will NEVER use Direct Vapor again. They have a good selection and decent prices, but their customer service is horrible.

I'll take it a step further by suggesting their return/exchange process is designed to make customers not even bother with returns:
  1. Email pics of the product and wait 24-48 hours for a reply
  2. Wait another 24-48 hours for an RMA
  3. Return the product—at your expense—for inspection, which can take 5-7 business days
  4. Assuming they side with you on a return/exchange, a replacement will be sent out—at your expense.
Who's going to go through that when the time/cost is, in a lot of cases, more than the cost of the product? In a lot of cases, you're dealing with products that you have no choice to wait for (e.g. out of coils and need them now).

Basically, it seems that they are hedging their bets that the vast majority of people will just take their loss and move on. It's a numbers game, just like product recalls: if it costs more to recall a product than it does to lose customers or pay legal expenses/settlements , then no recall; if the recall is less expensive than the legal fees/settlements, recall is issued.

They are the worst of the worst when it comes to CS.

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Yep. It's an arrogance on their part. We, the Customer, must PROVE to them that an item was damaged or the wrong item before They, the Merchant, will agree to a replacement! I've always been a square-shooter with companies, and all I wanted to do was send the broken one back and have it replaced with the same, unbroken item. I even offered to return it my expense, but No, email us a pic of the broken item and we will process the request and get back to you. Upload a picture of the damaged item or they will not process the request and not honor an exchange.
Here's how it should go: I received the Stentorian Basilisk mod from another company.....the resin housing had a large crack in it. I contacted the company for a replacement, they were extremely apologetic to me and informed me they were sending out a replacement mod that day, with an included return postage sticker....and would I please return the damaged mod for inspection at their expense? And that they were going to inspect that mod more carefully before sending out to customers from then on (the hard plastic box was a dark smoky color so the crack really wasn't noticeable until package was opened, so I don't blaime them). Now That was GOOD customer service, and I don't mind praising them....Coval Vapes, for a problem solved very nicely.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Not taking sides here....but I think the vape community, as a whole, has it's fair share of scammers. I'd be surprised if these companies started out with these policies. They probably got tired of people trying to take advantage of them. Mom use to say it only takes one bad apple to spoil the bunch.

That being said, coval is fantastic.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well scammers out there or not in the vaping community. It is a joke to make someone take a photo and wait for an RMA based on the photo. Even if they are making you pay to ship it back, they should just give you an RMA so you can ship it back and then they can examine it.

What good is the photo as proof anyway? I could take a photo of anything and send it to them.

Seems like they are just trying to get you to give up and let it ride. Especially with a cheap item

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Well scammers out there or not in the vaping community. It is a joke to make someone take a photo and wait for an RMA based on the photo. Even if they are making you pay to ship it back, they should just give you an RMA so you can ship it back and then they can examine it.

What good is the photo as proof anyway? I could take a photo of anything and send it to them.

Seems like they are just trying to get you to give up and let it ride. Especially with a cheap item
You bring up a really good idea...

It would almost be worth ordering something just to send them a picture of whatever I want. Perhaps a picture of something they can kiss....

Reactions: Beamslider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread