Compliments not complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

JENNIFER_GAIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Florida
I have been reading several threads lately about horrible customer service on an order gone wrong, and I thought it would be nice to just list a time when you ordered something and got the wrong item/doa item/ etc. You don't have to list the vendor, I just think it helps to know that some vendors really appreciate their customers.

I ordered 2 30ml bottles of juice from a vendor and when I received them in the mail, one bottle had something floating in it. Suffice to say, I freaked out. I was NOT vaping that juice. I promptly emailed the customer service department and within 5 minutes had a response from them apologizing and stating that a new bottle would be sent out ASAP. Within two days, I received my new (floaty thing free) juice and they also threw in several free samples. I have spent hundreds of dollars with them since then and will continue to do so.

That is all :blush:

Jadesrayne

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2013
oceanside ca
I ordered a 10ml and a 30 ml for my father, on other side of country, from my local shop whom I love. When he got it the 30 ml was a 10 ml with a 30ml label on it. I called them promptly told them what he got and she just was like "Ok, we'll send the rest right out to you." That was it not fight not even a negative word from either of us. They did call back 5 mins later to confirm it was going to my Dad still.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
I have had good luck with most venders, spectacular luck with a couple, and a bad experience with one.

I ordered a variety of cartos from one vender. One item was out of stock and they actually called me to see what I wanted to do. We ended up talking about vaping and new products the company was developing for 30 minutes and when my order arrived there were a few free atomizers included.

JENNIFER_GAIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Florida
Yay!!! I am so happy to hear the good stories. Like it or not, we are all going to have a bad experience at one time or another but all that teaches us is to MOVE ON. Don't stay with someone that doesn't appreciate you when there are so many other vendors that would LOVE to have you as a customer. :) Thanks for sharing guys!

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I've never had an issue with any vendor I've ordered from. (Knock on wood, cross fingers, etc)

If something wasn't right, I sent an email and got a replacement ASAP.
If something broke within warranty, I sent an email and the replacement was sent ASAP, with pre-paid postage for the return shipping.

I generally stick with vendors who are registered or recommended here. I try to order things that are tried-and-true by ECF members, but I will occasionally play guinea pig on a new product, or order things before there's a review to be found.

I have nothing but good things to say about this community, and the thorough (unofficial) vetting process that the members put products and vendors through.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
In all the time I have been on ECF I have only had one transaction where I was unsatisfied by the outcome. And even that one was resolved fairly. Of course everyone is different and expectations vary wildly from consumer to consumer1, but for the most part I would say that sticking to registered ECF suppliers has made my life a LOT less complicated than if I randomly ordered from websites found on Google :)

-------
I'm one of those picky consumers that generally only gives a business one chance to make me happy before writing them off and finding another.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
I've used a lot of vendors and with the exception of one(so minor was the problem it's not even worth mentioning)I've had great CS from every single one including the vendor above which I continue to use.
Ecigs are unique because we all vape and there's a true common ground between buyer and seller. Most all vendors were customers at one point and they understand what's important.

JENNIFER_GAIL

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Florida
I love hearing about good experiences regardless of the vendor. All the negativity just brings me down and makes my juice taste yucky lol. I too am a person that gives a vendor one chance so I understand but still love to hear the good stories.

Sorry for any spelling errors my Kindle Fire is not wanting to let me use this forum correctly

SilentEcho13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2010
New York
Wizard Labs:
Thanks for the extra 60ml of your nic bases, I got to try all three! Thanks for the awesome prices and EPIC packaging too!

Good Prophets!
Jeezus, you guys delivered literally next day! Thanks for the 50% off sale and the free clearomizer!

Avid Vaper:
Thanks for being across the street and saving my @$$ with gear in the middle of the night...lol.

EmpireMods:
Thanks Keith for letting me stop by, throwing me a free flashlight, a free bridgeless 510, and extra wick/wire for my A7 mini. I'll be in to pick up an Empire Mod as soon as all the parts roll in!

Eliquid Planet:
Thanks for also being across the street, and thanks for the epic "stash box". You guys know what it is.

Vape NY:
Thanks for the pay-as-you-go plan on the Provari!

Ikenvape:
Thanks for sending me over an io6 OVERNIGHT when I was SOL.

(this is an epic 700th post)

Saintly1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Gulfport, MS
I'm in the process of working through issues with a vendor. I had ordered some items a couple weeks ago and they sent a wrong item. I emailed them and they shipped out the correct item the next morning. I asked them later what I should do with the wrong item and they told me to keep it because they can't resell anything that has left their office. I haven't received the correct item yet but I'm hoping it will be here today.

In the mean time I had placed another order with them and this time they left an item out of the package. Again I emailed them and they shipped the missing items the next day. I'm still waiting for those items as well, probably next week.

Now most people at this point would probably have moved on to another vendor but since I'm "too nice" (as my girlfriend is always telling me :) ) I emailed them back and asked about the item that was sent to me incorrectly. It was a specific kind of tank but didn't fit any atomizer I had so it was useless to me. Since I'm still trying new systems I decided to go ahead and buy the atomizers that fit that tank AND added the incorrect tanks to my order. I figured if I was actually going to use them then I had no problem paying the $4 for the pack of tanks. I emailed them and told them what I was doing and added a comment in the order to not place that item in my package.

We'll see if I get a second set. :)

drobbyb

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
South Carolina
My last order from MBV I forgot to change the nic content. Once I realized, I gave them a call. They were currently in the process of filling my order, though I didn't realize it until I got my order in the mail and read the stickers on my bottles. They changed the nic level with no problems, crossing out the old level on the bottles and never missed a beat. They could've just filled the order as placed since they were already in process, but they took the extra step. Got to love good customer service.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I ordered a box of phoenix bottom coil coils from discount vapers. for whatever reason the needle tips weren't in the package, and after assuring the man they didn't fall out (because i hadn't opened it) he sent me some quick.

Shame I didn't like the damn things after it was all said and done.

I've been lucky in that that's really the only screw up I've had, and it was handled to my satisfaction. Had nothing but good experiences with discount vapors, myvaporstore, hoosier e-cigs, high desert vapes, EC Blend.. there's a few others but I can't think of them right this second.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I've only had one experience with one vendor that left a bad taste in my mouth (it was pretty bad...they sent USED tanks [said they "tested" them] and the batteries sent weren't good. One DOA. But when I approached the vendor about my problem, (they) were snippy and acted like it was me who was at fault). Another experience was shaky, but not bad enough for me to give up on the vendor...I just wasn't happy with the vendor's attitude with an issue I had at the time. No biggie, though.

HOWEVER....other than those two incidents (and one doesn't really count)...I've had nothing but GREAT service from the many vendors I deal with. Some are truly stellar, in fact. A special shout-out thank you to those who add just a bit extra in gifts when they fill an order. Notably:
Vapor Beast
Discount Vapers
Arizona Vapor Trails
One Stop DIY Shoppe
Liberty Flights (only on certain orders)
Madvapes (only on certain orders)

But gifts or no gifts...the vast majority of my experiences with vaping supply vendors has been very good to superb.

DummyMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
North Carolina
I gotta say that I've had pretty good luck with getting what I ordered. I have only not gotten a couple of empty bottles that I ordered & didn't receive. I emailed the vendor & they shipped the bottles the next day along with several extras for my trouble. I've ordered juice from them, along with some DIY supplies several more times since. I support vendors that take care of me the right way. I'll pay a little more to people that treat me right, rather than going to someone that doesn't put customers first. My mom insisted that us kids treat people the way we want to be treated. So, I treat people right & expect them to do the same for me. If they don't, I don't make a fuss, I just deal with people that do.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I've been ordering stuff from all over the United States and China for years now.
All of my orders have been carried out perfectly.

I guess I am super lucky or something.
Although I've yet to win the lottery, so I don't know.

Well, except for one order...

I ordered some juice from a certain vendor, and to my surprise I found a bonus Kick in my package.
I wasn't sure if it was being included as a thank you gift or not, so I sent an email to let them know about it.

The response left me feeling a bit miffed.
They asked that I send it back, no offer to pay postage or anything else.

After I told them that wasn't even close to acceptable, I suggested they send me 10ml sample of juice in return.
Basically the cost of shipping, plus a bit for my time and effort.

They accepted, but I don't think it should have gone down quite that way.

minimalsaint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Michigan
My vendor is always prompt, exceptionally courteous, and knows the value of their customer. I once made an inquiry about faster shipping on my order because 2 of my last 3 cartos were DOA and I was a bit nervous about not having backups.
They replied with expedited rates but at that point it was too late in the day to change, so I shrugged it off and went in about my day. The next day I go out to the mailbox and there is my order, including 2 new cartos (that I never asked for) and some liquid samples, along with a handwritten note thanking me for the business.
Needless to say, they are my go-to vendor from now on.

xanderxman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Ptown, VA
I ordered a couple Nova Minis from Carolina Vapes and was shorted one Mini. I emailed and within minutes I got a response with new tracking information for the missing Nova and an apology. No fuss. Just plan old good customer service. They are the only supplier that I order my Nova supplies from to this day.

Everyone makes mistakes. It is how you handle those mistakes that define who you are.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Folks tend to me more vocal about bad experiences than the good ones .. in my 2 years with a PV, I've had excellent service from all but one vendor .. and I don't do business with them anymore ..

Most of these Mom and Pop operations (which is what most of them are) will do what it takes to make it right if need be ..

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Funny I just sent an email of thanks to a vendor. Their customer service is exceptional!

I wanted to make sure that the owners know that their employees are top noch!!!
That's great that you did that, and I wish more people would do things like that.

I very rarely complain, but it isn't often that I get service bad enough to complain about.
I spend much more time letting managers know when I receive excellent service.

After dinner is over I ask the waiter/waitress to speak with the manager, and they get all worried.
I tell them not to worry, it's just to let them know how much I appreciate such great service.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread