Bad Pro tank II?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nic_fix

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I have this Pro tank II that blows the atomizer like every 5ml. I have to bend the atomizers or the bottom will cross thread. The same atomizers last like 50ml in an Evod or other Pro tank II. With the same wattage and juice. Is there some way I can repair it? I don't even see what is wrong with it. It is not flooding.

Thanks

Edit: I took out the atomizer just when it started to die a second ago. I put it in another Pro tank II and it was good. Baffled.

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
I got it at a B&M. I know something is wrong with it but I can't figure out what. I will refrain from mentioning names but all sales final there.
It is such a simple device I don't see the issue. I am guessing the tube is not straight. Which is why I have to bend the atomizer in the base to get it to thread. Somehow that is causing them to blow. It is not flooding or leaking like I would expect though. I'd rather not throw it away.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sounds like you have a defective Base.
Check Discount Vapers for a cheap replacement.

Also, have you actually looked at the coils to see if they are Broken?(blown)

Center tube cocked should be easy to see and if needed straighten with a thin screwdriver inserted 1/2 way into the tube and shift it.

Last edited:

nic_fix

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2013
USA
Thank you! I was able to straighten the tube just now like you said. I will have to see if that fixed it. The base seems okay since it screws on fine with out an atomizer on it. If I need one I will visit where you mentioned. These atomizers are not blown. I can take one out of the foil package and it works fine in another Evod,Protank II. I put it in this Protank II for 5ml and it was done every time. I hope you just fixed it for me!

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Center tube cocked should be easy to see and if needed straighten with a thin screwdriver inserted 1/2 way into the tube and shift it.

I would suspect this more than a problem with the base. I performed this exact fix on a Sigelei Protank ($5 Protank clone, it's plastic but otherwise the same as the V1 Protank) yesterday when I noticed rough patches while screwing in the base, worked 100%. I tested it first with some really thin PG juice to make sure I hadn't loosened the tube at the top and caused flooding/gurgling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread