bad stain on iclear30 caused by pineapple eliquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
after cleaning the head on my innokin iclear30 i filled it with a mix mostly consisting of liquid made from TPA pineapple 20%, sweetener 8%, 72%VG. i topped it off with other liquids several times for a week, the coil burned out today and when i took it apart i noticed a translucent stain over about a third of the clear surface. the stain is impervious to soaking in everclear and scraping, it looks and feels like fingernail polish. i have had it for more than a month but never had a staining problem until i used the pineapple

anyone else had a similar problems? any ideas how to remove it?

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Pineapple can be very hard on tanks. You might find my blog interesting.

RIP.gif

EEEKKK! What happened to my tank?

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
that was a helpful article. i rarely use the tank cracking juices and only recently started using the iclear30 a lot. I had never experienced melting. i did replace the head and refilled it with another liquid, it tastes fine but now i'm wondering it is safe to use now that the polycarb has been compromised. For that matter, i think i'm justifiably concerned about vaping something that can melt polycarb.

IndyJones

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2012
Clearwater, FL
floridalawweb.com
Sounds like you found a "tank cracker" juice, I have seen a long list of flavors known to crack plastic tanks on the forum somewhere.
It's the reason I primarily used pro tanks before switching strictly to rebuildable atomizers.

i found the list and tfa pineapple is on it, i noticed several other pineapples on the list too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread