hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello dedicated readers. Today I’m excited to share with you my first review for a company that I’m sure most of you are familiar with. I was sent the Innokin Sensis by Innokin themselves for the purpose of providing a fair and honest review. The Sensis is what is being called the “4th Generation of vaping Technology” due to the technology that Innokin has developed and included in their latest flagship product the Sensis pod mod. Being an electrician/technician I was able to easily understand the technology that they have developed and applied to a piece of vaping hardware. I will do what I can to explain what I can as far as how the Sensis works and give my experience using the different modes of operation. Let’s take a look at what’s included in the kit and check out some pictures. Then I’ll give my thoughts on how I thought it performed.

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-01-ni-Lpx.jpg

innokin-sensis-pod-kit-14.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1x Innokin Sensis Pod Kit (0.25ohm)

1x Spare Sceptre Coil (0.65ohm)

1x Spare MTL Drip Tip

1x Spare O Rings

1x Coil Base

1x 510 Adapter

1x Type-C Charging Cable

1x Quick Guide

IMG-4665.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Device dimensions: Without pod:93.5x39.51x30.0mm
    With pod:120.35x39.51x30.0mm

Body material: Zinc alloy

Battery: Internal 3.7V,3000mAh/11.1Wh

Charging current: 5V 1.7A

Charging indicator: Charge bar

Battery capacity indicator :< 20% - Red; 20%-50% - Yellow; >50% - Green

Wattage range: 6-40W

Voltage range: 1-7.5V

TC range: N/A

Cut off time: 3-18s

Max. Output current: 20A

Resistance range: 0.2Ω-3.5Ω

Tank capacity: 3.1ml / 2.0ml (TPD)

Coil material: KAL + Seaweed fiber cotton

Coil compatibility: Sceptre Coils

Airflow: Adjustable

Colors: Carbon, Desert Brown, Jet Black, Navy Blue, Ultra Pink

FEATURES:

• 3000mAh Built-In Battery

• 40W Variable Output

• MTL & RDL Vaping

• Power, Coil+, Refresh, and a bonus "Find F" mode

• 3.1mL Transparent Glass Pod

• Bottom Fill System - Silicone Stoppered

• New Sceptre-S Coil, unique flavor

• Compatible with all Sceptre Coils

• Adjustable airflow on the mod

• 100% Recyclable Packaging

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-08-e-Qmpv.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-02-fk774.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-03-o-VVFQ.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-04-s-SBFw.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-05-4p-ZJ0.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Pod-Kit-06-1-R1-TX.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Coils.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Refresh-Mode.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Coil-Mode.jpg

Innokin-Sensis-Find-F-Mode.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS:

I very much like that Innokin has chosen to be the first vaping company to use 100% recyclable environmentally sustainable packaging. They also developed a new type of biodegradable packaging for its coils which is hygienic.

The packaging for the Sensis is this type of packaging. The box is two part where the inner box slides off of the outer portion of the box. Inside is the Sensis mod with pod and underneath are the accessories. Besides the mod and pod with the .25 ohm coil pre-installed, the kit includes a .65ohm coil, coil base, MTL drip tip, a 510 thread adapter, spare o rings, a USB-C charging cable, and a quick start guide. I think that it is fantastic that Innokin chose to include the 510 thread adapter instead of forcing its customers to buy it as an additional accessory. It truly is a complete kit.

IMG-4657.jpg

IMG-4660.jpg

IMG-4670.jpg

I received the jet black version of the Sensis for this review but also purchased the navy blue version. Both models are very attractive in my opinion. The body of the Sensis is made from zinc alloy along with a nice soft and padded leather wrap on the back of the unit with some stitching. I personally like how the stitching matches the leather instead of using a different color to stand out. To me this gives it a more streamlined look.

On one side of the Sensis is the Innokin name and on the opposite side is Sensis. On the back of the unit there is a frame that is screwed on around the leather wrap that matches the color of the leather. On each side toward the front is an airflow hole which is where the pod tank draws the outside airflow from. There is an airflow slide adjustment on the back of the mod above the leather wrap and centered in the back. The airflow adjuster is tight on both of the ones I have and have not had any problem with it getting moved by accident.

When I received the Sensis there was a clear plastic film over the front with writing printed at the top that said “Power on/ Click 3x. I know a lot of mods are five presses to turn on so it was nice that Innokin put this on to let users know how to power on without having to read the manual. The Sensis uses a fire bar rather than a button like the Kroma Z uses with the screen display integrated into the bar. Below the bar are the + and – buttons which are clearly marked followed by the USB-C charging port on the bottom which charges the generous 300mah internal battery.

The display of the unit is crisp and clear. On the top of the display is the mode and the battery level indicator with the wattage in larger font below that and depending on the mode you are using there can be a picture of a waveform below. On the bottom of the display is time of current puff, resistance of the coil, puff counter, and if you are in F(0) mode it will show the set frequency. The font on the bottom four items are a little small in my opinion but my eyesight isn’t the best as I’m getting older.

IMG-4653.jpg

Now onto the button functions and the menu system. The button functions are as follows.

- Press the fire bar three times to turn the unit on and off

- Press the fire bar and the + button to reset the puff counter

- Press the fire bar and the – button to lock the wattage

- Press the + and – buttons to access the menu

Once you have the menu pulled up you will have some different options than you are used to seeing. You will have Power, Coil +, a lock symbol, Refresh, Settings, and Exit. To unlock the F(0) function, highlight the lock and press the fire bar. Here you will see a series of seven blocks. It is looking for a code to unlock the function. The code to unlock it is ++-+-+P where P is power or the fire bar. Once this is unlocked, the menu will then display F0 at the top. Select this and you can then set the frequency at which the mod fires. Coil + on the menu is much like Power mode but what is different about it is that after you let off the fire bar it will fire the coil at 40% of the set wattage in order to saturate the coil before the next puff. The Refresh function does basically the same thing where it fires the coil at 40% to saturate the coil and also in an attempt to clean it some. This is one of my favorite features that I have seen on any mod. I feel like it does what it says and can tell the difference after using it. You can either do an auto refresh or you can choose to do it manually by holding the fire bar once it is selected if you feel like it needs a little longer refresh.

Innokin was able to develop the technology where they are using AC frequency in order to provide a waveform to optimize flavor production. F(0) not only allows you to adjust the frequency in order to optimize the flavor produced by the Sceptre coil but also extends coil life. I did have a minor hiccup with the first .25 coil that I tried. The vapor it produced was not very dense and not very flavorful. I ran a few hundred puffs on it just to see if it would improve or not. I am not sure if it wasn’t making a good connection or if the coil was faulty but I did try a second .25 coil and it was night and day difference. The vapor was denser and more flavorful than before. I was glad that Innokin was nice enough to send extra coils with the kit for the review. I found that at 28 watts and at 192 Hz that the flavor and vapor were fairly good in my opinion. I did play around with the frequency at different settings and very much liked it at the same wattage setting but with the frequency at 500 Hz. This is where I continued to use it over the past week or so and it is still working well after over 500 puffs on the coil. I did get in a habit of using the auto refresh once each day in order to help with the life of the coil. I did try the .65 coil but had difficulty finding a sweet spot. I do MTL vape on occasion but usually prefer RDTL or DTL vaping. Along with the kit I also received a box of the 1.2 coils to test. I personally like this one at 9.5 watts and 166 Hz if using F(0) or I also liked that one using the Coil+ mode. Both seemed to work very well and last count I had about 450 puffs on this coil. Having already purchased two of the Sceptre pod devices, I also had several boxes of the .5 Sceptre coils on hand so thought I would give one of those a good run. I found that I liked the .5 coil at 19.5 watts and the frequency set to 192 Hz. I know that every user will have a different experience since flavor is so subjective. For testing the coils I used a lemon pound cake in one tank and an ry4 cream on the other unit that I purchased.

upload_2021-3-10_20-44-22.png

upload_2021-3-10_20-44-58.png

upload_2021-3-10_20-45-25.png

upload_2021-3-10_20-45-51.png

upload_2021-3-10_20-46-15.png

upload_2021-3-10_20-46-45.png

The pod tank that is included with the Sensis is made of glass. I very much like that Innokin decided to use glass instead of PCTG or something like that. The pod holds 3.1ml of liquid and is a bottom fill tank. I’m honestly not too crazy about bottom fill tanks since I believe that it lends itself to a better chance of leaking but I have not seen that with this tank. The fill port plug is fairly easy to get a hold of with a fingernail and will rotate some out of the way for filling. The fill port is sufficient for using the standard 10ml and 50ml bottles that I commonly use but if filling with a glass dropper then I found it to be a bit messy. After filling the tank, I always take a paper towel and press down on the fill plug in case there is any liquid trapped around the edges that will deposit into the mod later. I do the same thing with several different pod tanks. If anything it has become a habit.

The tank is clear which I very much appreciate being able to clearly see the liquid level. The drip tip is a 510 tip that is removable and there is a second one included in the kit that I would call a MTL tip. The tank uses the Sceptre line of coils and is compatible with all of the coils in that series. The tank comes with the .25 ohm coil installed with the coil base that is screwed onto the coil and the coil is then simply pushed in to seat in place. The Sceptre coils are rather small so I would recommend working over a table top or something when changing coils and removing and installing the coil base. The first time I changed the coil, I dropped the coil trying to thread the coil base on so just a word of caution to not lose the coil base. However, there is a second coil base included in the kit which was good thinking on Innokin’s part. The coil base is what makes contact with the three gold pins inside the top of the mod. There is a metal ring in the mod where the base of the tank rests and keeps pressure on the fill port plug. I have not had any leaking issue so far but have been getting a fair amount of condensation on the metal ring inside the top of the mod.

A welcome addition to the Sensis kit was the included 510 thread adapter. I very much appreciate Innokin including the adapter in this kit. It allowed me to test the unit with one of my favorite MTL tanks which is the Zlide 4ml tank that uses the Zenith, or now known as Z coils. The adapter has 4 magnets and I felt as though it made a solid connection with the mod. I know that early reports on review samples were that the magnets were weak but I did not find that to be the case. I however do not know what the difference was since I received a production kit. The pod only has three magnets and I personally feel that the addition of a fourth magnet on the pod tank would have given it a bit more stability. I did once or twice pop the pod off the mod taking it out of my lunch box but no harm was done.

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I very much like the design and feel of the Sensis and think it’s great that Innokin has chosen to be innovative enough to develop and release a mod that delivers AC waveforms with adjustable frequency so the user can make adjustments in an attempt at making the device deliver optimum flavor and extended coil life. I feel like in the time that I have been using it that I have in fact gotten very good coil life from the small Sceptre coils. I liked the Coil+ option for the 1.2 coil as well as F(0) but the Coil + seemed a tiny bit better on that one. I would have to say that the Refresh function is my favorite on the Sensis. It works not only with the pod coils but works with any coil that is used in a tank with the 510 adapter. I also very much like that they have chosen to use glass for the pod tank. I do feel like the Sensis drains the tank fairly quickly and would love to see a higher capacity tank in the future. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m not a big fan of bottom fill tanks but have not experienced leaking with this one and just had some condensation build up on the metal ring in the mod.

I told you in the beginning that I was here to provide a fair and honest review. Keep in mind that this is only my personal opinion and does not mean it will be every user’s experience. I have tested a lot of different pods, tanks, and coils over the few years that I’ve been writing reviews so here is my honest opinion on the flavor and vapor production on the Sensis using the Sceptre coils in the glass tank. Let me say also that I used two liquids that I use very often for reviews and am very familiar with how they should taste.

The first .25 coil I tried was not good. I will chalk that up to getting a bad coil which can happen and there are no ill feelings about that. The second .25 coil was considerably better. It was best in my opinion at 28 watts and 500 Hz. It had decent flavor and plenty of vapor production but wasn’t the best flavor I’ve gotten from a stock coil. I really felt like I wanted more airflow even though I had the airflow control wide open.

The second coil I tried was the .5 ohm Sceptre coil which isn’t included in the kit but I had some on hand that I use in the Sceptre pod device. I ended up at 19.5 watts and 192 Hz. Once again it was decent flavor but nothing to write home about. Vapor production was acceptable but once again felt myself wanting more airflow.

The third one was the included .65 coil. I struggled to find a setting that I liked with this coil and after a couple hundred puffs on the counter, I gave up and changed to a different coil. I don’t know if it was just this particular coil or what but I found the flavor anemic.

The fourth and final coil I tried was a 1.2 coil from a box that Innokin sent along with the kit samples. This one is decent but pales in comparison to the 1.2 Z coils that I like in my Zlide and Zenith tanks. I tried it in Coil+ and with different frequency settings in F(0) mode and have been continuing to run it frequency mode without any noticeable flavor loss after several hundred puffs on the counter. The flavor production on this one did seem to get better with more use.

Ok, that’s my take on the Sceptre coils that are available for use in the Innokin Sensis. I very much like the mod and all of the new features that it provides. Like I said, the glass tank is a nice addition also. However, I feel like that the Z coils would have shined in the Sensis instead of the Sceptre coils. Especially the new .3 ohm Z coil that the Kroma Z uses. It is one of my favorite coils that Innokin makes. I think a coil with larger surface area would have provided better flavor. Personally, I see myself using the Sensis mostly with the included 510 adapter and my Innokin Zenith and Zlide tanks.

So here we are at the end of another review. I am sure by now you are wondering if I would recommend the Innokin Sensis to you. I think I would. The new innovative technology that the Sensis uses is real and works. I can hear the difference in different frequency settings and can tell the difference in the vape. Whether you end up liking the coils for the pod tank or prefer to use the adapter with your own tank, the Sensis features that can be beneficial. Out of the four available coils, I preferred the .25 coil for my personal style of vaping. I’m sure that other people will have their own opinions on this.

I would like to thank Lexi and Innokin for sending the Sensis pod mod kit for the purpose of this review. I hope to review more of their products in the future as this was my first one for them. Also thank you to the readers that take the time to make it to the end of my reviews. Below is a link to the Innokin website if you would like to have a closer look for yourself.

Sensis - Product | INNOKIN®

Fredman1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 27, 2017
    New Zealand
    Damn good review mate. Not an easy thing to do with a device with so much going on...but you nailed it.
    I've got the same thought in mind. I like the sceptre coils, but they're not at the same level as some of the other pod/AIO coils out there...more surface area=more flavor.
    I to think a device with all this new (and exiting) features would've done better with better coils....again not that they're bad.

• Agree
    Reactions: AngeNZ

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Damn good review mate. Not an easy thing to do with a device with so much going on...but you nailed it.
    I've got the same thought in mind. I like the sceptre coils, but they're not at the same level as some of the other pod/AIO coils out there...more surface area=more flavor.
    I to think a device with all this new (and exiting) features would've done better with better coils....again not that they're bad.

Thanks!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    I'm another Sceptre user, so this device definitely interests me. Your thorough review covered every single thing I wanted to know.

I agree that it would be a big plus to this device, if they bring out a pod tank for this device, that does use Z Coils.

I love the technology that they have going on here, and that it obviously works - as you found doing your review.

It's also brilliant to see Innokin including a 510 adapter in the kit :thumbs:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm another Sceptre user, so this device definitely interests me. Your thorough review covered every single thing I wanted to know.

I agree that it would be a big plus to this device, if they bring out a pod tank for this device, that does use Z Coils.

I love the technology that they have going on here, and that it obviously works - as you found doing your review.

It's also brilliant to see Innokin including a 510 adapter in the kit :thumbs:

I agree and thanks for taking the time to comment.

Reactions: AngeNZ
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread