Bamboo Stainless bottom cap conductivity problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009
Hello,

I just received 2 brand new Bamboo Stainless yesterday.

They are completely stainless IMO, including bottom cap and new big spring. I tested, a magnet does not stick so it's real good stainless.

But there is a problem, I vape at 9W RMS with Kanger T2 1,8 ohms.

I saw that the bottom cap becomes hot when I vape, I don't chain vaping, I take 8 seconds puffs.

I tried to put my bamboo black chrome cap on it, no problem, no warm and a little more hit.

Stainless is more resistive than copper or brass, in that case that means the bottom cap is resistive, that's why it becomes hot.

I juste checked with a ohm meter :

- The body resistivity is the same than the classic Vamo, between 0,1 and 0,2 ohms.

- That's not the case for the bottom cap, the classic is at 0,1-0,2 ohms, Stainless is at 0,6-0,8 ohms, so it's really too resistive :unsure:

Last edited:

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009
I just found an old 18650 mod spring I can try in the SS cap. I'll look at that tomorrow and keep you in touch.

Bed time for me now ( it's 00:38 AM here in France :p ).

Test done and... success !!!

I replaced the spring, keeping the original SS cap and no more heat ! So the original spring itself is resistive :facepalm:

The SS cap have no central plot, so we can't use others Vamos thinner spring in it, I used an old 18650 tube spring with a little modification at the base to fit in the Vamo-Bamboo.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net

I replaced the spring, keeping the original SS cap and no more heat ! So the original spring itself is resistive :facepalm:

The SS cap have no central plot, so we can't use others Vamos thinner spring in it, I used an old 18650 tube spring with a little modification at the base to fit in the Vamo-Bamboo.

Glad to know that you figured it out.
Sorry for my delayed response, because i need time to understand what is wrong with the spring. :(

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009
No problem newsunshine, that was hard to find, I tried different caps, conductivity grease, etc...

Just found yesterday another spring who can fit in the SS cap.

I have an open ticket about that for 2 new caps ( I own 2 SS Vamos ) can you check my ticket ? I prefer to wait more and have a correct spring.

By the way, the Bamboo is a great, great device, just unlucky with the caps spring since the beginning, this spring is V3, so finally the correct one will be V4 :). That's not a breaker issue but annoying and so unlucky :blush:

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009

Here's a picture of my test with another spring, I enlarged the bottom base of the spring ( it was too thin ) to fit well in the Vamo cap.

ressortmoivamo.jpg

Cap heat issue gone :D

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Here's a picture of my test with another spring, I enlarged the bottom base of the spring ( it was too thin ) to fit well in the Vamo cap.

ressortmoivamo.jpg

Cap heat issue gone :D

I am glad to hear that . but i can not see the picture here.:(

Could you send the picture by a ticket?

Thanks a lot:)

Last edited:

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
No problem newsunshine, that was hard to find, I tried different caps, conductivity grease, etc...

Just found yesterday another spring who can fit in the SS cap.

I have an open ticket about that for 2 new caps ( I own 2 SS Vamos ) can you check my ticket ? I prefer to wait more and have a correct spring.
The correct spring is one that works.

ressortmoivamo.jpg

You fix looks great to me.

KevinNash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2009
ressortmoivamo.jpg

You fix looks great to me.

??? :

- I bought 2 Vamo SS who have the heat spring issue and I have only 1 spring.

- My fix spring doesn't fit perfectly well, the base large coil isn't long enough to do one complete turn at the bottom of the cap ;) so that's just a temporary solution, waiting for the manufacturer fix.

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
??? :

- I bought 2 Vamo SS who have the heat spring issue and I have only 1 spring.

- My fix spring doesn't fit perfectly well, the base large coil isn't long enough to do one complete turn at the bottom of the cap ;) so that's just a temporary solution, waiting for the manufacturer fix.

i am sorry that we need some time to get the right springs ready. :(

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
HC has posted an emergency notice on their website regarding the spring and told people to stop using the Stainless Steel version and to contact them via ticket system for replacement spring. They have also posted a thread in their ECF forum.

Forum Link: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ider-big-defective-spring-ego-bamboo-apv.html

Message from website:

Emergency Notice
Dear customers,
We are very sorry to inform you that we discontinue selling eGo Bamboo APV(Stainless/Chrome/Black Chrome) for a while because the big wide spring in the cap has big resistance, which makes the Bamboo cap very hot when Bamboo is working, especially when Bamboo works at a high Voltage or Wattage with a low resistance atomizer. We are working on new good springs with low resistances and expect to get new springs ready in some days.
We will resume selling the products and their caps when the new springs are ready.
If you have Bamboos with the wider big wrong springs, please stop using the products and contact us by ticket system.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to let us know by using Help Desk and submiting a ticket.
We look forward to always being able to serve you better.
Health Cabin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread