Vamo Stainless v2 spring and batt cap getting warm/hot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I was about to order a stainless vamo from smoktek yesterday (my first time ordering from you btw) and was doing my final bit of research checking reviews on ecf before my order and saw this: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...less-vamo-compared-my-older-gunmetal-one.html

Now as someone who had previously been thru the lavatube rev.1.5 fiasco last year I learned alot about researching new apv's before I buy one. This seems to be a manufacturing issue and is not isolated to one vendor, although its not widely reported yet. Nevertheless, has smoktek been aware of the stainless version's spring and batt cap getting hot? If so, is there a modified end cap or a fix in the works?

I would rather wait and buy a unit that has no reported issues than one that may/may not be wonky. Theres no reason a spring and battery cap should get warm, much less hot. Not to mention how dangerous it could be if the batteries got hot enough to vent. A big IF, but still a concern especially in a stacked setup.

Thanks for a reply in advance. Ive subscribed to follow.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
First I heard of it too. I still have my cart saved on smokteks site I was that close to pulling the trigger.

Thats why i posted the link to the thread. There are customers of smoktek in it saying they are seeing this happen with the new stainless vamo. It seems the new heavier spring is conducting when it shouldnt be. A few ppl have checked theirs with meters and have attempted replacing springs. Im not down for buying a new spring for something I just bought... lol.

So Im trying to figure out if I should wait on buying a stainless vamo. I am not interested in replacing parts later either at my expense, or the vendors expense. The lavatube1.5 i had last year, was a fiasco... and it took almost two months to resolve it. not doing that again.... different vendor, to be clear, not smoktek.

My 6 month old vmax has been workhorse and a dream, but i am looking for a vamo for out and about use.

Last edited:

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
Well folks, be aware that another vendor issued a stop use warning and pulled their stock on the ss vamo today because of the spring issues.

Im still kinda waiting to see what smoktek has to say on this before I order a vamo.....

I did see on the smoktek site it says "temporarialy out of stock" for the ss vamo. Guess maybe Ill email em tomorrow. Usually getting a reply on ecf is faster, lol.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Well folks, be aware that another vendor issued a stop use warning and pulled their stock on the ss vamo today because of the spring issues.

Im still kinda waiting to see what smoktek has to say on this before I order a vamo.....

I did see on the smoktek site it says "temporarialy out of stock" for the ss vamo. Guess maybe Ill email em tomorrow. Usually getting a reply on ecf is faster, lol.

I fixed my issue by replacing the spring. I bought one, swapped it out. A little bit of stretching the bottom coil of the spring and it fit nice and snug in there. No lag, no heat. Works like a charm. It's a copper spring.

bizzyb0t

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
Denver CO, USA
twitter.com
Yep, there's always buying a spring. The vamo forum and in the thread above there are fixes and places to locate appropriate springs. Having not purchased my vamo yet I just want to be sure it comes fixed vs having to do it myself like many have chosen to do.

The Vamo is worth the effort :p

Cigarman

Registered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
St. Petersburg, FL
smoktek.com
Yep, there's always buying a spring. The vamo forum and in the thread above there are fixes and places to locate appropriate springs. Having not purchased my vamo yet I just want to be sure it comes fixed vs having to do it myself like many have chosen to do.

Have you purchased your Vamo yet? The version we carry now has the improved spring and end cap, all is well in the Vamo world is seems :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread