Bamboozled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I have quit smoking, and am looking for a e-cig only for social situations when I would normally lose my resolve and end up pinching a cig from a friend. Therefore, despite all I have read about e-cigs that look and feel like a real cig not being great, I still think this is the best option for me, as I don't intend to use it on a daily basis.

I have read so many reviews and looked at so many websites I'm finding it very hard to work out what would be a good fit. I also need to take cost into it, as initially I don't want to spend much more than £30 on a starter kit incase I either don't like it, or end up smoking again anyway!

All help and advice gratefully received!

Thanks

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
Hi and welcome! Congrats on quitting the nasty-sticks!

As a rule, the look-alikes aren't the answer for the majority of the people - but from what you describe - yeah - they should be just the ticket fro you and your situation.

I also need to take cost into it, as initially I don't want to spend much more than £30 on a starter kit

I would think that should be reasonable for what you want, should be no real problem staying in that constraint.

incase I either don't like it, or end up smoking again anyway!

Unthinkable! (OK, kidding around )

If you look at the top of the page here on ECF you will see a button that says Forum Suppliers. There are quite a few listed, and several of them are "local" to you - as in no overseas shipping/customs hassles/delays.

If you shop around a little you should be able to set yourself up nicely with a 510 kit - if my guess at currency conversion is right.

yasinmadakia

Aug 8, 2011
Singapore
Hi . Personally ive been using an Ego-T as i have also started vaping recently to avoid smoking as well . You can get a starter kit at E-Cigz Joye 510 T Black [510T] - £35.99 : E-Cigz London, Discount Electronic Cigarette & cheap E-liquid suppliers, Atomizers, Cartomizers, Batteries, GGTS, Ecigs E-Cigs E Cigs E Cigz for $35 pounds. or eGo -T Tank System - My Ecigarette Store at 42 pounds, they also claim free delivery in UK . For e liquid i recommend those from Electronic Cigarettes / E Cigarette and E Liquid from Totally Wicked , their kits are a bit expensive

vsinner

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2011
Cyprus
How important is the size of the e-cig to you? you can get some really good starter kits, looking almost like a cigarette and in your price range.. if you don't mind it being a bit longer. The 510 for example is 13cm, starter kits will set you back 25-30 and they are very common/reliable with lots of accessories and options. Most ECF'ers use 510 or 510 related devices. You would need some juice but from the sounds of it a 5ml sample (2-3 pounds) would last you a while!

Alternatively the 108 is even shorter at 10.8cm and cheaper (18ish) but I have never tried it so I don't know how good it is.

PS. All prices in UK pounds but I'm too lazy to find the symbol cause it's not on my keyboard

SamW

Jul 7, 2011
Bristol, UK
That's pretty much the reason I got an PV, but I've become somewhat enamored and am likely to spend some money on bigger units. This - Moju 510 Newbie Kit **INTRODUCTORY PRICE** - Moju Republic - might be a good buy to see if you like vaping, the only downside being that the battery is automatic (that is, it's turned on when you take a drag, but may also be inadvertently activated by sound or movement).

A PCC would also be a good buy incase you end up having a long night and the battery dies out.

Ralikar

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
Get a Bloog 808d or a Volt. If it's just social don't buy a starter kit, buy:

1) 1 charger
2) 2 automatic batteries
3) 1 pcc--keep the pcc charged so it can act as a spare charger if you need or so you can grab it for a social setting
4) Cartos or juice as you see fit (probably cartos for social)

So you go out with 1 bat in pcc (4 charges in a pcc or so), 1 in pocket and a bunch of cartos and you are set.

I'm too lazy to look up the pound to dollar conversion, but you can dump the charger if you want and just use the pcc as your charger although it is nice to have a spare.

Last edited:

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Hi BooBoo and welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, the 510 is the way to go. It's inexpensive, preforms well but the batteries only last about 1-2 hrs. A PCC might be a good thing to put on your shopping list.

I agree, I prefer a 510 for a mini. Liberty Flight usually has them but they're currently out of stock.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
If you want it to look like a cig, a white Joye 510 and I highly recommend MANUAL batteries for a better hit, won't turn on from wind or vibration, can't be damaged or killed by juice leaks.

Then look around for tan standard resistance Boge cartomizers (slim ecigs cannot use the hotter low resistance stuff). Vape your favorite thin juices in the cartomizers. Each can last a week or more. The black are most easily found, but they are also made in tan.

And what - you are smoking cigs instead to look cool and fit in? Eh The people with the cigarettes are not as smart as you. Use the ecig.

ThaDraGun

Jan 28, 2011
Kingston,ON CANADA
I got the JOYE306 for my wife. She wanted one that was similar to a real cig. Looks pretty close.. Just a tiny bit bigger, and of course heavier.
She liked it at first. Shes not using it anymore tho. Not sure if it was the cig, or the ejuice. She was complaining she wasnt getting the throat hit, and it wasnt really stopping the cravings. I dont smoke myself so I have no idea what its like. I think it takes alot of testing to get the one you like. I might just buy a different kind of juice for her and see if she will use it again.

I suggest getting a couple different flavors and strengths until you find one you like. Get the small bottles that way it doesnt cost you too much.

Thanks for all your help so far! Still somewhat confused by all the many many options available! A friend had one which was automatic looked like a cigarette, and came with prefilled cartridges that were Golden Virgina flavour. This basically what I'm trying to find now, but the company she says she used, don't seem to have this option any more. I think pre filled cartridges would be best for me, because I'm immensely clumsy and would probably drown the battery if I had to fill my own! :p Any ideas where I might find this to be shipped to the UK? Specific I know! Sorry

Oh yeah, and one more thing. If I end up buying bits from different websites, how easy is it to work out if something's compatible with what I've already bought? Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread