Basic cleaning questions hopefully answered.... Ego 510 Tank atty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

So, I've read some threads about cleaning, but still have a few questions. I'm using an EGO 510 T (type a)

1 - Is it the case that tap water will damage my atty? (I believe so?)
2 - If i soak it in cola, how long should I leave it?
3 - If i rinse after soaking in cola, must it be bottled water that I use?
4 - Must i leave the atty for a day to dry, or can i just stick soem juice straigh in and vape?
5 - Can I just use vodka (i/e smirnoff) instead of coke and will this be better that coke?
6 - One step further... vodka & coke with lemon juice? Lovely drink, but better to clean with than using any of them seperately?

I am not going to buy special alcohol. I am not going to but an ultrasonic cleaner (just yet), but I do want to achieve the best clean that I can with household materials and hopefully use my atty right away after.

Your comments greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Marcus

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
What part did I miss? He soaked his atty in isopropyl alcohol available at the local pharmacy (here anyway), then rinsed it out with distilled water. You can't vape that second with it, but you can when it dries and the alcohol dissipates. I see he also has a review using an ultra sonic cleaner, but I haven't watched that one because I no longer use tanks. He does have one using alcohol. He dips in in alcohol, give them a soak and rinses them with water.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
1 - Is it the case that tap water will damage my atty? (I believe so?)
No.
2 - If i soak it in cola, how long should I leave it?
I wouldn't use any cola.
3 - If i rinse after soaking in cola, must it be bottled water that I use?
No.
4 - Must i leave the atty for a day to dry, or can i just stick soem juice straigh in and vape?
At least. No.
5 - Can I just use vodka (i/e smirnoff) instead of coke and will this be better that coke?
Yes, I do. I think vodka is superior for cleaning.
6 - One step further... vodka & coke with lemon juice? Lovely drink, but better to clean with than using any of them seperately?
No.
I am not going to buy special alcohol.
Neither did I. Just cheap vodka.
I am not going to but an ultrasonic cleaner
Too bad. It does a hellava job!

Just one vapers opinion. Ya know how that goes. There might be others that disagree with my comments. Be prepared... :2cool:

Great, thanks a lot for your response... I did try washing it before I read this... i soaked it in cola, then vodka, then rinsed with bottled water... got it as dry as i could with dabbing and blowing, then tried using. It didn't work too well to start, but was fine after 15mins of vaping. Seems a little better than it was before.

Is the reason not to use when damp (with water) because it will do damage, or just because it won't work so well? I've read some comments that the water will evaporate / dry off quite quickly? Ultrasonc cleaning will be on the to buy list once I've been at this for a month; i shall consider it my one month anniversery present!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread