Batteries from 101vape and a quick charger question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor7617

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Humble, Texas, United States
I've got my first mech mod on the way...so need better batteries, ohm meter, etc. I've been rebuilding PT coils, so well aware of how to do this, but don't have the tools for a RBA which is also on the way as I plan on going around 1ohm (or lower) so the vw device won't read the coil. I know everyone raves about RTD and that is where I purchased my last set of batteries from for my vv/vw device. Anyway, to get it all in one place, along with some other misc items...found 101vape had all I wanted (less 18650 battery cases).

1) Is 101vape a reliable source to get Sony VTC5 batteries or should I just use RTD?
2) Anyone found battery cases say at a chain store (Walmart or other) versus online?

3) Lastly, about a year ago I purchased two chargers, an Xtar WP6 II (home use) and an Xtar WP2 II (for travel needs). Most seem to be recommending the Nitecore Intellicharger or the Xtar VP series. Should I replace the WP chargers for use on the VTC5 batteries I plan on getting for my mech?

Thanks all...
~Mike~

Last edited:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I've got my first mech mod on the way...so need better batteries, ohm meter, etc. I've been rebuilding PT coils, so well aware of how to do this, but don't have the tools for a RBA which is also on the way as I plan on going around 1ohm (or lower) so the vw device won't read the coil. I know everyone raves about RTD and that is where I purchased my last set of batteries from for my vv/vw device. Anyway, to get it all in one place, along with some other misc items...found 101vape had all I wanted (less 18650 battery cases).

1) Is 101vape a reliable source to get Sony VTC5 batteries or should I just use RTD?

Great questions Taylor!

I have not used 101 Vape myself, but I know of no reports of bad batteries from them. I have bought batteries from Illumination Supply and Orbtronic with no issues. They are also known as reliable suppliers for batteries like RTD. There are a bunch more, but if you decide to go with any others checking here for reviews first is a good idea :)

2) Anyone found battery cases say at a chain store (Walmart or other) versus online?

I have not looked there.

3) Lastly, about a year ago I purchased two chargers, an Xtar WP6 II (home use) and an Xtar WP2 II (for travel needs). Most seem to be recommending the Nitecore Intellicharger or the Xtar VP series. Should I replace the WP chargers for use on the VTC5 batteries I plan on getting for my mech?

Nope. I would stick with the chargers you have already. I actually have a WP2 that I use as my every day charger for VTC3 and 4 batts and it has been great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread