Status
Not open for further replies.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I have a feeling this post will be read in very close company :laugh:

Long story short, I have 2 Leo kits. One atty died and madvapes agreed to replace it without me even sending the old one back! I really appreciated this because now I can frame the atty that got me away from smoking!

I wanted to order 2 passthroughs but they still have the non-passthrough type.
I ordered a 5v box mod with extra batts just in case I ran into trouble finding Leo parts.

I PMed another supplier on the board and he told me they only sell full kits!

Anyone know where I can get the new passthrough batts?

Overall Boge has to pick up the pace if they expect to gain any traction against the ego. Unfortunate, as it delivers such a superior vaping experience.

Any ideas appreciated.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Given how "new" the Leo is (new is relative, thus the quotation marks), many vendors are only testing the waters with it. This causes delays in vendors restocking their Leo supplies, including extra batteries and atomizers. Right now, there are tons of orders that will be delayed until mid February because of the Chinese New Year/Spring Festival. Lots of vendors are forced to wait until then to even get their orders filled. I know, I am in constant communication with Boge's marketing director and am also waiting for my orders.

Another thing to consider: at the rate that Boge is improving the Leo, many vendors who got in on the first few rounds of stock are now pressed to get rid of it before buying more. Boge first came out with the Leo battery, an 800mAh battery with an opening in the center exposing it to possible juice, and no PT. This was in September. In late October, Boge came out with the PT version, and had it readily available for orders by mid November. Many vendors did jump on these and bought these up. By December's end, Boge was closing that center hole, had an LR version of the atomizer, and was then engraving the gold band around the with the Leo symbol. These, the closed hole, engraved band, PT versions are the latest. Unfortunately, as I mentioned, now all the vendors are dealing with the Chinese Holidays awaiting the new stock while trying to sell out of the old stock.

I can tell you this; Coming by the end of February-beginning of March Boge will be releasing MORE Leo items such as the 4ml cartomizer, and a few other surprises that will turn everyone's head again back to the Leo as the next, greatest PV.

Sure, there have been reported a couple bad batteries and a handful of bad atomizers (or ones that worked but died too soon is more likely). Not bad to have 10 or so reported problems compared to the thousands of units bought and sold. Heck my original Leo from September is still going strong, as well as one of the first PT Leos off the assembly line from October. Yet a buddy of mine killed a Leo atty within 2 weeks. He admits he was huffing on it continuously for that two weeks, though. Now he has two Leos with him and he switches them up throughout the day, giving the atties time to rest.

As far as Boge "picking up the pace", I think they're on track, with constant improvements, new features, and add-ons like the cartomizer, LR atty, PT version, etc. I think it's the vendors that need to pick up the pace with their purchases to keep the supplies on hand.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
Got any idea where I can get a Leo with the engraved gold band and a blue crystal? I suppose other colors would work too, as long as it's not pink, but I would prefer blue or no crystal at all....

Boge should allow their vendors to sell out old stock at reduced prices, something that would do everyone a favor (I don't want to pay full price for older revisions). Then again, most are out of stock.

Also, since you have access to the powers at Boge, can you suggest that they make the engraved letters in the gold band light up when the unit is activated (again, preferably in deep blue)? I think that would look sweet!

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
There's no rule that says a vendor can't have a sale to get rid of their old stock.

As for the lit engraving, I agree that'd be pretty cool. Unfortunately the gold band is above the battery housing and only acts as a stabilizer for the atomizer to sit into as it's threaded. If it was lower on the housing they probably could do it.

I have a brand new (this month) Leo Royal set, with the plain end caps in black with a lanyard atomizer cap. I may eventually sell it, but for now it's my backup set. I tend to leave my ecigs wherever I go (work, car, friend's house, wherever).

I am using an original non-PT black Leo with clear crystal, a first run cigar wrapper Leo PT and a new black PT Leo with an LR atty. I alternate between them. One for fruit flavors, one for coffee, cappuccino, mocha flavors, and another for my own juice mixtures like praline or keoke or really aged green tea.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
I understand. In this biz people order parts well in advance so as to avoid disruptions. Waiting 1 month is simply not an option and that's why I ordered another PV with "standard" and readily available parts. As it stands, unimportant on the message boards me, has been forced to tell about 4-5 to wait until this clears up. Thanks for the positive and informative update Jackal.

mgmrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
New York
There's no rule that says a vendor can't have a sale to get rid of their old stock.

As for the lit engraving, I agree that'd be pretty cool. Unfortunately the gold band is above the battery housing and only acts as a stabilizer for the atomizer to sit into as it's threaded. If it was lower on the housing they probably could do it.

I have a brand new (this month) Leo Royal set, with the plain end caps in black with a lanyard atomizer cap. I may eventually sell it, but for now it's my backup set. I tend to leave my ecigs wherever I go (work, car, friend's house, wherever).

I am using an original non-PT black Leo with clear crystal, a first run cigar wrapper Leo PT and a new black PT Leo with an LR atty. I alternate between them. One for fruit flavors, one for coffee, cappuccino, mocha flavors, and another for my own juice mixtures like praline or keoke or really aged green tea.

I have been told by numerous venders that if they sell boge leo for under 50 bucks...they will not be allowed to sell leo's. so a sale is not an option. I truely like the leo but I feel it is overpriced

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Price controls aside, I am not so much into the $ issue. Used to spend about $12 a day on cigarettes. What's $50? Even if money is really tight, you still have to spend $30-$40 for a colder/duller/lifeless PV.

Edit:
Also, I am saving tons on juice. Half of it leaks out of my ego when I drip. What about the fact that I can use 18mg with the Leo but need a much higher concentration with ego?
Works out to be cheaper if you really think about it.

Last edited:

Jackal3

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2010
Cleveland OH USA
www.whitestagvapor.com
Right, and think of how many tobacco cigs were wasted just burning to ash while you talked or weren't huffing on it, or got wet standing in the rain while you were forced to stand outside and smoke.

However I'm on the fence with the set price thing. I understand as a reseller how a set price won't allow me to be competitive, nor let loose old stock for new at a discount. I also understand that many, many companies put MAP or Minimum Asking Prices on their products, especially upon first release of that product, to stop price wars among the resellers. I mean, one e-cig company was selling them at $33 with the unfair advantage that they were in China and not paying huge shipping costs just to get it to their door like everyone else. That left the world wide resellers forced to compete with that price, losing almost all profits (unless they ordered in the thousands of units). In turn, this would bring the profit feasibility down to almost nothing. Well Boge saw this, and couldn't set a MAP on one company, but had to do it world wide. This upset some, and brought relief to others. As mentioned, this then hinders those world wide resellers afraid to run a 'sale' on the Leo. At the time, the Leo was a one battery set only option. Now, there are two battery sets, and almost completely made as PT versions. $50 might be too high for a one battery set. A really good one battery set for the Leo should run, IMHO, about $40, with room to run a sale. Just take a look at how much the Hello 016 one battery set runs, or a GG, or Silver Bullet, or GLV, Indulgence, or Omega, or any of the other big time selling PVs out there where you get one unit. The GG runs some $200+. The GLV (which is made in China) is an $110 set. No one seems to mind or complain. I could order and sell the GLV relabeled as a Jackal for less, but I don't.

My point is folks pay outrageous prices for their PVs all the time. $50 for an excellent unit is not bad. I think I paid $40 for my first 2 battery KR808 set last summer, only I bought 4 sets of them (2 for me, 2 for the wife). I have quite a collection of what could be considered over priced PVs that worked well, but didn't bring home that total satisfaction that I get from my Leo. From the KR808s, Silver Bullet (good mod but too big), the Omega (great mod but too big), the Xpower 900c, the JSB Diamond Vgo 900mAh, the Bauway 1300mAh 510 ego, the Bauway Mega Ego 3000mAh, the Bauway Spring, Kanger 1300mAh Vgo, and others. Even my wife, who insisted for the longest time on her KR808s because of the size and "look", is now an avid Leo user and loves them.

throatkick

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
FL
Actually, I protected my cigs from rain, made a conscious decision to smoke every puff whenever possible (or else extinguish and re-light) etc. I was a cigarette maniac! Believe it or not, the fact that PVs work only when you want them to is yet another benefit that played a role in making quitting easier. It is a small role, but a role nonetheless. One less thing to think about.

So, I'll gladly buy stuff from you when you are ready. Returning to the original question, where can I buy the new PT batts today without being forced to buy a set? Call boge in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread