I Love my new Leo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zengrrl

Nov 8, 2010
seattle
After a full year messing around with an 801 which got progressively less and less satisfying, even with Ikenvape's 801 atty (which btw doesn't work so great on 801 bats, not at all on 801 passthrus), I decided on the Leo.

Because I already had lots of 801 blank cartos and don't care about a fancy cover, I decided to buy just the passthrough Leo bat and a Leo atty from LitecigUSA, along with the USB charger cable (which turned out to be only about 16" long), for a total of about $34 plus tax. Beats buying a kit for sure, which seem to average around $60!

I have decided to just drip with this for awhile, until I can track down a good price and supplier for the new Leo cartos....meanwhile, I am thrilled with the power and throathit of the Leo. Hopefully, this time I can stop the analogs for good!

goooo leo! Please don't fail me!

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
I started the same way with my Leo. A new leo atty and a drip tip are fantastic. I was a classic over dripper though and got tired of liquid on my fingers and clogged attys and bought cartos as soon as they came out. When they came I found my vaping zen place. I do not use anything else now. 4-5 hours of heavy vaping and great flavor.

Congrats on your new Leo. Some good carto vendors are white stag, vapin in the cape and of course vapelite. All three are excellent vendors.

DSL

Jun 13, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Thanks Thomas! I'm happy you found your vape zen place. Can you help me understand the difference between the Leo XXL cartomizers and the tank system? I see that VapeLite has both, white stag is out of stock, and vapeinthecape only has blank cartos (are those cartomizers or cartridges?) I'm confused. Thanks.

You can also try VapingZone... they have the Big Boge Leo Cartomizers for $3.49 or 5 for $14.99. There is also info on how to fill them up.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Thanks Thomas! I'm happy you found your vape zen place. Can you help me understand the difference between the Leo XXL cartomizers and the tank system? I see that VapeLite has both, white stag is out of stock, and vapeinthecape only has blank cartos (are those cartomizers or cartridges?) I'm confused. Thanks.

I haven't tried the tanks yet. I saw on this forum that Boge is redesigning them due to wicking problems.

I think I took the last 7 cartomizers white stag had in stock. Vapin in the cape normally has them. They tend to pull a product off their site until it is back in stock. What they have up there now are the catridges which are the same thing you get with a leo kit.

I am always happy to help others find their happy place. I would have saved a lot of money in the beginning if I had known then what I know now. If you do order cartomizers take a look at the cartomizer thread for some good advice on them.

Best of luck in your search.

zengrrl

Nov 8, 2010
seattle
You can also try VapingZone... they have the Big Boge Leo Cartomizers for $3.49 or 5 for $14.99. There is also info on how to fill them up.

Thanks, just picked up a 5-pack from VapingZone. Lookin forward to my first cartomizer experience. I like dripping but it gets tiresome taking the liquid with you and spilling it in the car, etc.

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
Thanks, just picked up a 5-pack from VapingZone. Lookin forward to my first cartomizer experience. I like dripping but it gets tiresome taking the liquid with you and spilling it in the car, etc.

I think you will be pretty happy with them. When you fill them let them sit for a good 20 minutes or so before your first puff. If the liquid doesn't soak all the way in you can burn your cartomizer and ruin it. I have killed a few that way.

zengrrl

Nov 8, 2010
seattle
You are *exactly* right. I received them today (thanks VapingZone!), and was in too big a hurry to try one; filled it (3 ml) and smoked it immediately and BLECKKKKK burning taste. Thought I was ripped off once again, got online researched my fill method, did the condom fill and let it sit an hour....supreme! but still cannot take multiple hits too close, must let it rest. Also takes some getting used to the more airy 'pull' with the whistle tip. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Thanks everyone!

ThomasP

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2010
Western PA USA
You are *exactly* right. I received them today (thanks VapingZone!), and was in too big a hurry to try one; filled it (3 ml) and smoked it immediately and BLECKKKKK burning taste. Thought I was ripped off once again, got online researched my fill method, did the condom fill and let it sit an hour....supreme! but still cannot take multiple hits too close, must let it rest. Also takes some getting used to the more airy 'pull' with the whistle tip. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. Thanks everyone!

That burn is bad. I had a sore throat for a couple of days after one.

The whistle tips took a bit for me to get used to as well. The size seemed huge when I first got them. Now the original leo carts seem tiny.

I come from being pretty much of a chain smoker. Heres a tip. In between vapes take a few puffs without holding the button down. It seems to wick the liquid to the element and you can get another vape quickly. After using cartos ill never go back to the atomizer. The thing i love best about my Leo is that i dont have to have some special kind of charge adapter. The thing i hate most is the connector is proprietary. But Mad Vapes has an adapter that you can buy to adapt it to use 510 cartos or atties. I am waiting on my adapters now. I cant wait to be able to order juice and cartos and everything from one site and save on shipping. I think im almost ready to graduate to making my own liquids, seems to be alot cheaper that way and then i can control the amount of flavor.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
m9vyfr.jpg

the best "leo" tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread