Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I just want to make sure I’m safe as I’m new to the whole external batteries.
Our choice of batteries are the most important decisions we make in vaping. Brand, model number, and specifications are extremely important. Choose the battery which best fits the way you vape.

I think its a very good idea for new vapers to learn as much as they can concerning batteries. Not only for safety's sake, but for the best performance of their vape gear.

Battery Basics for Mods: The Definative Battery Guide for Vaping
  • A popular and essential read to understand which batteries are safe to use in mechanical and regulated mods. Includes a frequently updated list of recommended safe-chemistry, high-drain batteries with their specifications.
Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries Part 1
  • For those who want to learn the differences between IMR, IMR/hybrid, ICR, and LiPo batteries. What do those numbers and letters on batteries mean? What's an amp rating and why is it more important than the mAh rating when choosing a battery for vaping?
Are You Using a Rewrap (Rebranded or Aftermarket) Battery?

• Learn what a "rewrap" cell is. If you are using rebranded cells, does that mean it is inferior, poor quality, or even dangerous? Which batteries are suspected to be rebranded batteries?
If you prefer watching videos as opposed to reading, Mooch has begun an educational series of videos on his You Tube channel.
Minding Your mAhs

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You should be fine, and as long as they're authentic, no worries at that wattage. I'd read through/look through Bad's info if you have the time though. There is always something "new" to learn about batteries, and charging, and battery care, etc. You'd want to be sure you know why the batteries you got (and their ratings) are going to work for you at that wattage.

It's what I use (I'm even more puny on wattage, though) and I like them a great deal.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread