Battery advice for Provari mini...please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCB305

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Florida
I have a Provari mini and I currently use the AW IMR 18350's and was going to order a couple more, but thought I should just get the extension cap and order some 18490/18500 AW IMR's. I have seen that the new Panasonic's have been recommended in the recent past, so what are the right Panasonics, what's so much better about them (vs the AW IMR's), do they come in the 18350 or 18490/18500 sizes, and lastly where should I get them from? BTW I am in Florida and prefer to purchase them State side. Also any recommendations on a charger would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:

79Silo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
cant really give you the advise on the battery but in the provape web the suggest the AW.. so for me i stick with their recommendation..best charger will be the pila charger as it can be use for 14500, 17500, 17670, 18490, 18500 and 18650 including the 18350 but for that you need a purchase the extension to charge the battery.

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
I've done searches for Panasonic 18490/18500 batteries and can only find the AWs.
It looks like Panasonic does not make an IMR 18490/18500.

In my opinion the size difference between the mini and standard size Provari is not significant enough to justify being limited to the odd size (18350,18490,18500) batteries that the mini requires. Provape should just sell an extension cap for the mini that will accommodate an 18650 battery and get rid of the standard size unit. What the hell, the only difference is the length (less than 5/8 in) of the tube. Then there would be just one size Provari, one standard cap and two sizes of extension caps. You could then use which ever battery you want or make it which ever size you want, just use the appropriate end cap.

But then, you can't sell an end cap for $159.95 (On Sale)

Last edited:

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
I do not believe Panasonic currently has a 18490 offering. The ones I have seen by them that are closest are 18650. And I agree, Provape needs to make an extension so the Mini can accomodate an 18650...or an aftermarket vendor with good metalworking abilities. I really hate the 18350s as they just don't have much usable life.

dirfm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
North America - Florida
I have to agree. Based on the size difference and the odd battery sizes, i think the regular is better. I do buy the odd size batteries for my gg, but that is mechanical and you can stack. Personally i stick with awr because most vendors suggest them and they are plentiful. i can generally add one or two with an order from just about anyone.

Need juice, grab a battery to save on shipping, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread