The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Which battery do you use?

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by b0redagain, Oct 16, 2012.

Which brand battery do you use?

1. Efest

2. Panasonic

3. AW

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. b0redagain

b0redagain Resting in Peace ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    There hasn't been too much talk lately about batteries so I wanted to put up a poll so I could see what is being used these days. The competing brands seem to be Panasonic, Efest, and AW...but perhaps there are more.

I've been using the Efest 18500 mainly, but will switch to the Panasonic 18650 with the extension cap. I still have two AW 18490's in rotation but I doubt I'll buy them again due to the price and performance of the Efest.

The poll will most likely be skewed toward AW as that's the brand carried by ProVape but I'm interested in the results anyways.

IMG_20121014_211054.jpg

2. Violy

Violy Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2010
    NC
    Wow that's a lot of batteries.

I have 4 AW 18650 that I got from Lighthound. I use a Tripp Lite dual charger.

3. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
    And I have 10 Panasonics not pictured...haha.

4. Cifitzu

Cifitzu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Little rock AR
    I got crazy and bought a ton of different sizes thinking I would make style different mods and go crazy with the idea. So far 3 mods in but enjoy tinkering around with power tools :)

5. Cifitzu

Cifitzu Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 27, 2012
    Little rock AR
    Any recommendations besides madvapes for different DIY yourself supplies. I have most of there coolest gear to work with.

6. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I have four 18650 AW IMR's in rotation. Also 2 18490 AW IMR's charged and ready for when I want to go shorter w/o the extender cap.

My backup Silver Bullet can share the 18650's. My other backup BB has 3 14500 AW IMR's.

I use a Pila charger.

I have always preferred the AW brand, because they are generally always available, tests have shown that their performance is top notch, and its what Provape strictly recommends.

I avoid anything with the name "Trust" in it. I've had one of those "protected" batteries go thermal before.

Trustfire2.jpg

7. b0redagain

Jan 24, 2011
    Denver, CO
  8. Skyway

Skyway Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    NC - USA
    I use AW IMR's, not because Provape sells them but because I have been using them for the past 2 and a half years. That is about a year before I got my first Provari. I used them in my diy box mods also.

9. vegas0707

vegas0707 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 12, 2012
    Tennessee
    AW IMR have had zero issues, some still going strong after 10 months.

10. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2012
    Iowa
    I used AWs to start out but after trying a panisonic I will use them from now on. They last 2 x longer

11. Strontium

Strontium Unresolved Status ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2012
    Hurricane State
    Panasonic cgr18650ch with top button.

12. Cloud Wizard

Cloud Wizard Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Panny IMR Hybrids 2250mAh. I get the flat tops (because they fit in all my gear) with a 1mm x 5mm neodymium magnet for a dimple. I also have a couple AW 18490's that I always use in the kicked GGTS, but also sometimes in my Provari with the normal caps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.